Started by fyneyoungstunna, 09:53:38 PM / 14-Aug-09

Previous topic - Next topic

Praizewood

I see you baby,
working that car,
working that car
working that car.
-Groove Armada remix

USEF says "Impulsion is the term used to describe the transmission of an eager and energetic, yet controlled propulsive energy generated from the hindquarters into the athletic movement of the horse.". How cool is that? Impulsion build here

fyneyoungstunna

what firing order are you guys using. when i do 1342(?) it idles like crap just pops alot, when i do 4312(?) it idles a lot better then dies.
If I agreed with you we'd both be wrong.

Arro

Quote from: Praizewood
Thanks for answering my question

And then some, eh? lol

Retitled the thread, and moved to the proper section.
-Jason Arro

'85 Nissan 200SX (KA24DE)
formerly,
'85 Nissan Silvia RS-X - FJ20 w/ dual Weber carbs
'84 Nissan 200SX Turbo
'85 Nissan 200SX Turbo
Drive it like you stole it, and work on it like you married it - self quote
Quote from: ka-t.orgHella flush and all associates should be gunned down for brainwashing people into thinking a 225 and lots of camber is proper wheel fitment. THAT IS EASY, anyone can camber a skinny as tire till it dosnt rub. Now fitting an 11 with a 315 on stock fender with reasonable camber, that is fitment. And looks, and performs better than both.
Quote from: s-chassis_only on 07:43:21 PM / 25-Sep-10 i dont own a s12 at the moment but trying to acquire one to get rid of my s13 hatch
Quote from: SHOUTBOX[27:54] zastaba: I had a friend touch the contacts on his distributer once
[28:04] zastaba: He did the super jumping up and down pain dance

JonB

Taylor spiral core wires.

Blaster 2 coils (2). Had an accel SS but it died in a short time.

Bosch plugs; one bank plus2 the other plus 4

Had NGKs the first time around. Ran bosches then champions then autolites now first bosches are in there.

Think I'm gonna go with NGKs again. Read a while back that the plug companies heat ranges sorrta lined up but weren't spot-on, so it was best to stay with a single brand when tuning the ranges. I don't know though.

Have accel yellow jackets for my other car. Haven't thought about what I'm gonna change those to.

1342 on the order; CA. Pretty sure you'll have to stay stock on that unless you get a custome ground cam. There seems to be no way not to have two fireing next to each other. I know alotta v8s do a 4-7 swap, but that needs a different cam.

Redneck

Quote from: Arro
Actually, Sterling tells me that the only wires to run on the KA's are the Nissan factory ones, fresh from the dealer. I'm not sure what I think, but I would never trust an Ebay generic.
Why would you wanna pay a shitload of money for some factory wires? I have NGK wires (with of course NGK plugs) in my ka24de s13 and they work great. I don't get why he would think all aftermarket wires on the ka's don't work very well. Maybe the cheap aftermarket ebay wires yeah but a good aftermarket brand wire should be fine.
Quote from: ka-tgazelle on 11:24:56 PM / 01-Jun-11 FIrst my rims are horrible, than there ok when painted black , now my cars horrible, now my fenders are to much after i was told i couldnt do it.... Lol club s12 ftw.....  Only here have Ive been told they look like shit..... SOrry its not bone stock with crown vic rims running the stock vg making 130whp and looks generic like every other one. My car looks dope ive been told this a billion times on local forums....

Arro

Yeah I'm not sure either, and when he comes over in a few minutes I'll press him more on the subject, but like I said, on my next day off when work hasn't left me beat senseless, I'll ask around on ka-t.org.
-Jason Arro

formerly,
'84 Nissan 200SX Turbo
'85 Nissan 200SX Turbo
Quote from: ka-t.orgHella flush and all associates should be gunned down for brainwashing people into thinking a 225 and lots of camber is proper wheel fitment. THAT IS EASY, anyone can camber a skinny as tire till it dosnt rub. Now fitting an 11 with a 315 on stock fender with reasonable camber, that is fitment. And looks, and performs better than both.
Quote from: s-chassis_only on 07:43:21 PM / 25-Sep-10 i dont own a s12 at the moment but trying to acquire one to get rid of my s13 hatch
Quote from: SHOUTBOX[27:54] zastaba: I had a friend touch the contacts on his distributer once

Arro

Praizewood felt I did not address Magnecor's wires, and they do indeed make a proper-fit wireset for the CA20E/CA18ET and the VG30E. Something I said earlier in this thread...

Cheaper knock-off wires are made in such a way as to offer low resistance with crappy materials, so they don't *keep* their low resistance for very long.

The specifics of this are on Magnecor's site:

http://www.magnecor.com/magnecor1/main.htm

On that page they explain why they feel that judging a wire by resistance alone is not a good measuring stick for performance.

Some people agree with them, others have their doubts. Regardless, here are how the Magnecor and other brands compare in terms of resistance:

http://www.modernperformance.com/spark-plu...res-p-1685.html

Hopefully this clears up some confusion about wireset performance.
-Jason Arro

formerly,
'84 Nissan 200SX Turbo
'85 Nissan 200SX Turbo

fyneyoungstunna

glad i just checked to see what kind of wires i have. i have magnicore wires, guess its time to ditch those and get some ngk's to go with the plugs.
If I agreed with you we'd both be wrong.

Scootin' Scott

If you have a Mark I CA20 car, you have a single standard coil, which can be easily replaced with an Accel or MSD universal coil. Either brand makes an excellent selection of universal and specialty coils, and you should consider both brands for COIL upgrades. If you have a Mark II CA20E or a CA18ET, you can use twin MSD Blaster SS coils on a custom bracket. I am not sure about the coil options for the VG30E engines, so perhaps someone with an SE can chime in here.

MK 1 CA20 only has one coil? My car is a 1984, and unless I don't know where the boundary between MK 1 and 2 is, there are two wires going from my dizzy cap to two coil looking things lol. Kragen says I have "2 per vehicle" as well.

If you really want that "aftermarket" feel, just get you a blue or red can o spraypaint and shoot your distributor cap for that cool "t00ner" style look.

This made me laugh soooo hard. Especially since I know NissanNate would tooootally do it. He talks like he only does things that boost performance...and that's a guaranteed 15 HP.  
When God gives you lemons, Find a new God!

diegovlspeed

Drift every day as if it were your last, because one of these days you will be right [Drift in Peace RHD_David]

Keith

if you can't find NGK locally, just order them from sparkplugs.com  although your local Napa can order them too, but you might want to take the part numbers with you if you go to Napa, as those guys typically aren't the smartest around

*1984 S12 Turbo* CA18DET swap * Custom top mount header & dump pipe * Mitsu Heavy Industries EVO III 16g turbo * Custom 3" turbo back exhaust with Magnaflow muffler * Front mount intercooler * Front mount oil cooler * Nismo fuel pressure regulator * Walbro 255 * DSM 450cc Injestors * Apexi Safc II * AEM Wide Band * AEM Tru Boost * Z32 MAF * Cometic head gasket * Centerforce Dual Friction clutch *  Tokico lowering springs * Owned since 1989 *

*2007 BMW M6* S85 V10 sweetness

*2004 C5 Z06*

*2006 BMW E60 550i Sport* Boner stock; SOLD *

*1995 Maxima* Owned since 1995 SOLD

Car Domain

Jager

if you search for a site called ecrater, sparkplugs.com has a seller account there I just bought a set of ca18et plugs for 33.95 shipped usps priority.  while ecrater itself seems cheaply done overall, the guy is the same and i got my plugs much cheaper then on sparkplugs.com

i think i saved 17 bucks or so.

if you dont mind waiting an extra day or two, to have  them actually ship (ordered on a monday usps received them thursday) then the money saved is pretty good.

EternalSwap

does anyone know about accel wires? or, rather, accel tune up kits?
im going to get this, which is like 10 bucks more than a motorcraft tune up. so if theyre not legit, ill just go motorcraft
-Alex

EL PENE DE LA MUERTE
Quote from: David B
wow. im horny. i dont know why. but i just figured id let you guys know. i really wanna bite someones bean. i mean. chomp on some ass
Quote from: Arro on 12:26:40 AM / 10-Nov-10
hahah Alex just pwned C-S12, w3rd.

rage

who cares, just solder some 10ga wires and use those

TX > CA

EternalSwap

-Alex

EL PENE DE LA MUERTE
wow. im horny. i dont know why. but i just figured id let you guys know. i really wanna bite someones bean. i mean. chomp on some ass

turbos12

EternalSwap

-Alex

EL PENE DE LA MUERTE

diegovlspeed

what U guys think about the pulstar sparkplugs???
Drift every day as if it were your last, because one of these days you will be right [Drift in Peace RHD_David]

David B

Quote from: rage
who cares, just solder some 10ga wires and use those

caged ca20e/ka24e/sr20det/ka24de/1jzgte SRA hatch. super sick

Goddamn David you seriously are hard core man.
Quote from: tjs91tsi
Ohh, and unless you havn't figured it out yet, Stop driving with coolant leaks and Stop dropping nails in your fucking trannys!!!

Pvr

I am building a 88 Ca18et in Estonia and there is no market here for old nissan parts. I managed to find a distributor cap, rotor and right plugs, but local parts dealers can,t find plug wires nor an ignition coil. Can someone post a factory code for NGK plug wires that fit 8 plug Ca18. Also, can anyone suggest what to use as an exhaust side ignition coil.