Club-S12 International S12OC United Kingdom ClubS12 France S12Silvia Australia S12.org.ua Eastern Europe S12 of Sweden S12 Japan BBS
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: I Want Your Junk!!  (Read 4069 times)

Offline Clowny

I Want Your Junk!!
« on: 04:09:59 PM / 17-Nov-09 »
Thats correct, you read it right.  I want your junk.  Old parts that you are replacing, engines that you are swapping out, etc.  I LOVE to tinker with things and I am always in need of more things to tinker with.  So if you have any parts laying around that you dont want and are just going to throw away, PLEASE let me know first to see if I might be able to get some use of it.  It pains me to see perfectly good parts go to waste just cause someone has no use for them anymore and doesn't want them around.  To give you some examples of the kind of tinkering I've done with spare parts, I have built a working jet engine out of spare car parts:

Turbo from a Volvo 740
Fuel injector from a Saab 900t
fuel pump from a 240sx
oil cooler from a dodge pickup
ignition coil form same pickup
oil pump from small block chevy
12cm cooling fans from a computer case
electric motor to drive the oil pump from an industrial printer
all wiring from leftover wiring harness from 240sx
lots of tubing from various exhaust systems
spark plug from rx7

All the parts were either given to me or sourced at a local salvage yard.  and yes, it worked.

Nother project:
Made a workshop stool out of a bent up  nsx rim donated to me, a ka crankshaft, z32 brake rotor, and some ka connecting rods.  the casters I had to buy and the cushion a friend made for me.

The downside:  I dont really have a lot of money right now so I would probably only be able to pay for shipping on whatever you might have so please dont contact me with stuff you want to sell.  Even if I want it, I probably dont have the money to buy it.

Anything you guys might want to get rid of please let me know.
« Last Edit: 04:10:52 PM / 17-Nov-09 by Clowny »

Facebook Share    

Offline fyneyoungstunna

• S12 Guru
  • Vehicle: 1984 Nissan S12
I Want Your Junk!!
« Reply #1 on: 04:42:07 PM / 17-Nov-09 »
stuff i can give away, shipping is on you:
ca20 intake mani, the lower part as well
fuel rail with injectors
an old frankentranny(ca20 w/ ka bellhousing)
ca20e bellhousing
flywheel
and just a ton of other random stuff taking up space in my garage.
also got motor mounts.
and a rolling shell(might not give that away till im done my vg30e swap)
If I agreed with you we'd both be wrong.

Offline Clowny

I Want Your Junk!!
« Reply #2 on: 08:17:00 PM / 17-Nov-09 »
Awesome.  Thanks a lot.  pm sent.

Anyone else?  And btw, the stuff doesnt  need to be s12 specific, I will take parts from any vehicle you got.  Just let me know.

Offline fyneyoungstunna

• S12 Guru
  • Vehicle: 1984 Nissan S12
I Want Your Junk!!
« Reply #3 on: 11:41:37 AM / 18-Nov-09 »
you know since your kinda close. it might be eaiser to save up some gas and throw everything into the shell(its a rolling shell) and tow it back, that way youll basically have a full car minus engine, tranny, tails and interior. i think you are just a few hrs away.
If I agreed with you we'd both be wrong.

Offline Clowny

I Want Your Junk!!
« Reply #4 on: 03:48:29 PM / 18-Nov-09 »
Quote from: fyneyoungstunna
you know since your kinda close. it might be eaiser to save up some gas and throw everything into the shell(its a rolling shell) and tow it back, that way youll basically have a full car minus engine, tranny, tails and interior. i think you are just a few hrs away.

I would love to take you up on the offer, but I have nowhere to put an extra car.

Offline Arro

• Administrator
  • S12 Guru
  • Vehicle: 1985 Nissan 200SX
    • http://www.cardomain.com/id/arro200sx
I Want Your Junk!!
« Reply #5 on: 04:52:31 PM / 03-Jan-10 »
Dude, I just read this thread, and your awesome meter just went up a few points.

If I can think of something interesting that I don't need, I'll let you know. Once I move into the new place, I'll probably want to ditch some things.
-Jason Arro

'85 Nissan 200SX (KA24DE)
formerly,
'85 Nissan Silvia RS-X - FJ20 w/ dual Weber carbs
'84 Nissan 200SX Turbo
'85 Nissan 200SX Turbo
Drive it like you stole it, and work on it like you married it - self quote
Quote from: ka-t.org
Hella flush and all associates should be gunned down for brainwashing people into thinking a 225 and lots of camber is proper wheel fitment. THAT IS EASY, anyone can camber a skinny as tire till it dosnt rub. Now fitting an 11 with a 315 on stock fender with reasonable camber, that is fitment. And looks, and performs better than both.
i dont own a s12 at the moment but trying to acquire one to get rid of my s13 hatch
Quote from: SHOUTBOX
[27:54] zastaba: I had a friend touch the contacts on his distributer once
[28:04] zastaba: He did the super jumping up and down pain dance

Offline Xano

• Viva la Tropico!
  • Administrator
  • S12 Guru
  • Vehicle: 2014 Dodge Charger
    • This Isn't Over, LLC
I Want Your Junk!!
« Reply #6 on: 09:01:37 PM / 15-Feb-10 »
Just gonna bump Tim's thread

Cmon guys, get him stuff so he can build moar random things.
~xano

Offline Clowny

I Want Your Junk!!
« Reply #7 on: 11:07:12 PM / 15-Feb-10 »
Quote from: Arro
Dude, I just read this thread, and your awesome meter just went up a few points.

If I can think of something interesting that I don't need, I'll let you know. Once I move into the new place, I'll probably want to ditch some things.

Quote from: Xano
Just gonna bump Tim's thread

Cmon guys, get him stuff so he can build moar random things.

For anyone who wants to see the jet engine, click here.

I took these pictures awhile back of me and my buddy Adam workin on it.  The album shows our turbo-jet engine and our pulse jet engine.  The pulse jet we made in less than 8 hours from Adam saying "Hey, let make a pulse jet" to us outside filming the videos.  Enjoy.