New-generation Club Decals Are Now Available!

Started by Arro, 08:00:10 PM / 16-Jan-10

Previous topic - Next topic

Arro

New Club-S12 decals are now available!

In your choice of white, black, red, and silver,

Small window/body decal:

Window banner:

Small decal is 10" long, and fits comfortably in the side rear windows of a notchback, or on any other body or glass surface of your choice.

Window banners are designed in three types -- one for windshields (40", curved), one for hatch glass (40", straight), and one for notch glass (36", slightly-curved). The one pictured on the windshield is not curved, the actual windshield banner is curved to fit the contours of the S12 windshield.

Banners are $25 and $5 shipping, and 10" decals are $15 plus $2 shipping. I'll be placing them in sturdy envelopes, not just in paper ones.

Payment can be made to the same Paypal address as the one for the calendars.
-Jason Arro

'85 Nissan 200SX (KA24DE)
formerly,
'85 Nissan Silvia RS-X - FJ20 w/ dual Weber carbs
'84 Nissan 200SX Turbo
'85 Nissan 200SX Turbo
Drive it like you stole it, and work on it like you married it - self quote
Quote from: ka-t.orgHella flush and all associates should be gunned down for brainwashing people into thinking a 225 and lots of camber is proper wheel fitment. THAT IS EASY, anyone can camber a skinny as tire till it dosnt rub. Now fitting an 11 with a 315 on stock fender with reasonable camber, that is fitment. And looks, and performs better than both.
Quote from: s-chassis_only on 07:43:21 PM / 25-Sep-10 i dont own a s12 at the moment but trying to acquire one to get rid of my s13 hatch
Quote from: SHOUTBOX[27:54] zastaba: I had a friend touch the contacts on his distributer once
[28:04] zastaba: He did the super jumping up and down pain dance

Phisherman09

sweet. placing order now. should we just put the color/decal we want in the paypal info?
-86 200sx hatch

DjayS12

I'm checking my local regulation to make sure the windshield banner isn't too tall and buy one.. or not depending of the regulation!

see my build thread!

sam31183

because of the windshields curve the windshield decals will be more difficult to put on...a good way to get them straight is to take some painters tape and break it off into small pieces, then measure down from the top of the windshield in several places as far down as you want the decal to go. I would recommend measuring the total height of the sticker and then adding like 1/2 inch or however far you want it down from the top of the windshield. Also, a good way to apply vinyl to glass is to clean the surface well with soap/water, i would recommend a spray bottle/towel. Once the surface is clean peal the white backing off the decal and then spray the sticky side of the decal down with soap/water, this will make it so you can slide the decal around a bit so you can get in the position you want it. After this squeegee The decal/backing tape down. Once the backing tape/decal has been squeegeed down spray soap/water on top of the tape and squeegee it again. This makes it easier to get the tape off. I would also recommend leaving the tape on for awhile after you squeegee it the last time so the decal has time to adhere to the windshield. The colder outside the longer i would leave it.

sorry for the long post, but i thought it was useful information. I have been doing vinyl on different surfaces for awhile now so i have a vague idea of how to do it:p

Dave Coleman for President of Earth!!!!
Build Thread Hatch CA18DET Eventually a Track Whore
Build Thread Notch KA24DE Daily Driver

Quote from: Kustamogenhaha me modding would be a disaster.....Id get all power hungry and  demand n00dz from everyone. Then make all the canadian s12er's come here  and massage my feet and make me jello pudding.

Actually....mod powers plz?!?!?!  0:)
Quote from: Shark808 on 02:17:44 PM / 13-Dec-11
Tedious?  This coming from a person who uses the word twice in a sentence?  I laughed repeatedly...

Arro

It's useful information... I'm actually going to make a visual how-to, when I find a ginnea pig for the next windshield banner.
-Jason Arro

formerly,
'84 Nissan 200SX Turbo
'85 Nissan 200SX Turbo
Quote from: ka-t.orgHella flush and all associates should be gunned down for brainwashing people into thinking a 225 and lots of camber is proper wheel fitment. THAT IS EASY, anyone can camber a skinny as tire till it dosnt rub. Now fitting an 11 with a 315 on stock fender with reasonable camber, that is fitment. And looks, and performs better than both.
Quote from: s-chassis_only on 07:43:21 PM / 25-Sep-10 i dont own a s12 at the moment but trying to acquire one to get rid of my s13 hatch
Quote from: SHOUTBOX[27:54] zastaba: I had a friend touch the contacts on his distributer once

Grant

I'll def want one as soon as the first or second paycheck from the new job comes in. Where do I find the paypal info for the whole transaction? I've never made a payment here before so I don't know how it works. I do have a paypal accoint, so one set out of the way.

My Work-in-progress
The Mods: Blaster SS coil, KA24 Throttle Body (60mm), custom intake piping, 86' Z31 MAF and ECU, 2.5" exhaust from downpipe, "test pipe" replacing cat, shortened shifter handle,  NGK sparks and wires, and dual electric radiator fans.

What I want: springs, shocks, and someday, turbo.

zilvia_brothers

Hey Jason. Will the aide window decal come in a set of 2, for driver and passenger side? And also for the colors is it possivble to get the colors like the one on the website?
"keep'n it simple with being old skool!!!"

01-present; 87 200sx sev6
R.I.P. 2003-2006; 1993 Acura Integra gs-r
RIP 09-2014; 2007 civic si sedan
2014-present; 2013 mazda5 6spd

Wolf Dilworth

Quote from: zilvia_brothers
Hey Jason. Will the aide window decal come in a set of 2, for driver and passenger side? And also for the colors is it possivble to get the colors like the one on the website?

Can you get the side stickers cut in "reverse" so they can be applied to the inside of the side glass?

Wolf

a tin pan alley

Quote from: Wolf Dilworth
Can you get the side stickers cut in "reverse" so they can be applied to the inside of the side glass?

Wolf

+1

Arro

Quote from: zilvia_brothers

No, if you want two, you gotta buy two like I did

Quote from: Wolf Dilworth

Wolf

No, these are vinyl decals, they are perfectly safe and secure on the outside. I've had one on my 2G Neon for almost 4 years now, and washed it with every manner of automatic wash, as well as hand-scrub... left it sitting out in the sun for an entire summer, etc... and it still isn't faded, cracked, or missing any letters or parts.

These are industrial-strength vinyl decals used on 18-wheeler trucks and such and take abuse.

IF you wanted a reverse-image decal, I might be able to do it but there would be extra cost incurred to the sign shop and thus to me. And thus, to you. I don't really think it's necessary.

Quote from: Grant
I'll def want one as soon as the first or second paycheck from the new job comes in. Where do I find the paypal info for the whole transaction? I've never made a payment here before so I don't know how it works. I do have a paypal accoint, so one set out of the way.

There isn't a page yet (maybe today there will be) but you can use the same info as the calendar purchasing and instead, just specify which decal you want, and what color, and then pay for it. If you don't pay the right amount for the one you want, I'll figure it out and let you know.

I'll be going to the decal shop TOMORROW to try to get them cut, so if you guys want them, ORDER BY TODAY. After that, I'll probably be moving so I won't be able to furnish any until I'm settled in.
-Jason Arro

formerly,
'84 Nissan 200SX Turbo
'85 Nissan 200SX Turbo

cls12vg30

If these are the same material as the old decals, they will stand up to any type of washing.  I've had them on for about 4 or 5 years.  If you live somewhere up north where ice scraping is a common activity, make sure you place the decal in some place where you won't scrape, like the bottom of the rear windows.  No decal is gonna stand up to ice scrapers for long, so just scrape around it.  Or move south.  Whatever.
1988 200SX SE V6
2015 Jeep Renegade 1.4T

David B

is that all one big banner? i want just the right side lol

caged ca20e/ka24e/sr20det/ka24de/1jzgte SRA hatch. super sick

Quote from: Arro
Goddamn David you seriously are hard core man.
Quote from: tjs91tsi
Ohh, and unless you havn't figured it out yet, Stop driving with coolant leaks and Stop dropping nails in your fucking trannys!!!

Arro

UPDATE:

I wasn't able to package the banners in envelopes, due to the size of the logo on the end of the banner (can't fold it at points small enough for an envelope) so I will be charging more for a banner. Some of you have paid for one already, if it's only a bit more I'll just eat the cost, if it's more than that, I'll tell you and give you the choice of refund or pay the difference.

Basically for the banner, I will be trying to ship them in a 6 x 4 x 3" box, rolled up. It's the best I can do.

The Post Office was closed today, but tomorrow I will find out. Also tomorrow the first batch of calendars will ship out to those of you who bought them.

-Jason Arro

formerly,
'84 Nissan 200SX Turbo
'85 Nissan 200SX Turbo

Arro

All decals are shipping out TODAY.

If you order 10" decals, the shipping is cheaper, but the windshield and rear glass banners must be shipped in small boxes to keep them safe:

As I said, I am going to find out what the cost will be... if it's a bit more, those of you who ordered banners do not need to worry, I will eat the few bucks. If it's notably more, I will send you out a request for the difference.

You will need to use masking tape to secure them in position so as to line them up, then leave one end taped to peel and apply. IF YOU DO NOT DO THIS, YOU CAN DAMAGE OR INCORRECTLY APPLY THE DECAL.

I AM NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR POOR OR IMPROPER INSTALLATION AND WILL NOT GIVE YOU A SECOND ONE FREE. You mess it up, you'll have to buy another one.

I figure most (all?) of you are capable of applying them correctly, but it was pointed out to me by the shop to make the above disclaimer.
-Jason Arro

formerly,
'84 Nissan 200SX Turbo
'85 Nissan 200SX Turbo

sam31183

if your careful you can peel the backing and then spray the sticky side of the sticker down and be able to move it around as much as you want before the water dries...

Also, i was going to say, even though the vinyl should be able to hold up no problem on the outside of the window it should be pretty easy for them to mirror the image in the program and cut them out that way...would only take like 20 seconds or less depending on how old there program/computer is. If your only having these made in like batches of 20 or something it shouldnt be an issue for them to do this.

Quote from: Kustamogenhaha me modding would be a disaster.....Id get all power hungry and  demand n00dz from everyone. Then make all the canadian s12er's come here  and massage my feet and make me jello pudding.

Tedious?  This coming from a person who uses the word twice in a sentence?  I laughed repeatedly...

Arro

Except that... to make a batch of inversed decals is very costly for me. One person might buy it, maybe two or three, but that's it. And they aren't cheap. So I'd be sitting on inventory I shelled out a decent sum for. I'm not a business so I can't afford lots of inventory or overhead.

I don't recommend using water. In fact, make sure the glass is cleaned first (409 glass cleaner, windex, etc), and dry.

Basic instructions for ALL decals are as follows:

1. Clean the surface you are going apply the decal do. Use 409 Glass Cleaner, or Windex, or similar glass cleaner. Take a piece of masking tape and see if it sticks. If you can move the tape around, your surface isn't clean enough, and you need to go over it again. Those of you who use Rain-X will probably need to clean a lot more thoroughly.

2. Spread out the decal where you want it. In the case of banner decals, fold the decal in half and crease the top corner. That way you have a middle to line up with. Place decal where you want it, and use pieces of masking tape to hold it.

3. On one end, tape the entire end to the glass.

4. After you get it where you want it, peel off the smaller pieces of tape, and pull the decal back away from the window... leaving it only attached at the one end with tape.

5. Peel off the underside backing, starting from the taped end first.

6. Apply the decal using a flat tool to press it down. Once down, smooth it out with your hand or a tool as best as you can.

7. Peel off the wax over backing by pulling it towards the taped end. If you don't pull it in the direction of the taped end, some of the decal might not stay on the window.

And that's it.
-Jason Arro

formerly,
'84 Nissan 200SX Turbo
'85 Nissan 200SX Turbo

nismologist

how much would a decal shop usually charge for such things? no more than maybe 20 bucks?

YOU THOUGHT SO, BUT I KNOW SO.
-Macho Man Randy Savage

Phisherman09

sweet so these shipped today too? gonna be like a club-s12 orgy on my doorstep in a couple days then.
-86 200sx hatch

Arro

Trust me, I went through not one, but three decal guys before sorting it all out right with this fourth dude. He does a good job. I save on the cost of the decals by getting a group at a time. He isn't using the cheaper vinyl, he's using the industrial stuff so it's expensive. Also, he says most of the cost comes from the labor. He has to hand-pick out the excess pieces. I asked him how they do it in big factories and he said, "they hire lots of people to pick like I'm doing it." Anyways he has a nice shop, good-sized, and he makes all sorts of decals, banners, signs, etc. I got a winner here. But believe me the cost is modest.

Making these things isn't cheap. I don't make anything off of them. And as it is I have to buy the boxes for the banners.

Reversing it is easy on his computer. But printing them one-off or even two-off isn't cheap. I can't justify it without someone paying me a lot more.
-Jason Arro

formerly,
'84 Nissan 200SX Turbo
'85 Nissan 200SX Turbo

sam31183

it is really easy to eff up putting a decal on the way you said...i have done it many times the way i said without any issues...and i do it the same way on many surfaces...the worse surface to apply to though is glass, then on top of vinyl, then metal signs, and then painted wood...if the temp is right  you can actually get away without using water on the back...but you have to be careful. I did two painted signs yesterday but i still sprayed the backs down with water because they are so much easier to apply this way because you can move them around as much as you like and then just squeegee it down.

I get what your saying about having to get a big batch of people wanting the mirrored...you try to fill up the available space you have as much as you can so you dont waste any vinyl. And then the weeding process is a pain in the ass as well...especially if the blade in the plotter is old and tired.