Club-S12 International S12OC United Kingdom ClubS12 France S12Silvia Australia S12.org.ua Eastern Europe S12 of Sweden S12 Japan BBS
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Moving Into 2010  (Read 1799 times)

Offline Arro

• Administrator
  • S12 Guru
  • Vehicle: 1985 Nissan 200SX
    • http://www.cardomain.com/id/arro200sx
Moving Into 2010
« on: 01:03:03 PM / 02-Feb-10 »
I would have posted this sooner, but January was the month I was packing, moving, and generally settling into the new house. I'm still in the process of sorting things out, but I wanted to make a statement about things now when I had a free moment.

2010 is the 8th year that Club-S12 has been online and in support of the 1984-88 Nissan Silvia, Gazelle, and 200SX. In that time, we've established a foundation of information, and a place for fans and owners alike to gather and talk about the S12, about the S-chassis series, about Nissans, and about lots of other automotive interests... as well as many other unrelated subjects. We've become something of a social community, with regular personalities, popular cars, and wild and exciting build projects. Our cars have been features in magazines, and have held their own in various racing competitions around the world. The S12 might not be the most popular platform, but things have come a long way over the years, and nowadays the S12 is a known factor. It's on the automotive map.

This site has been constantly maintained with the aim of keeping things reasonably civil, and with the goal of providing and editing the best information around the world to assist S12 owners as needed. We have periodically updated the site to provide new sections that better divide up the information, making things easier to find... and have updated the look and feel of part of the site in order to keep up to the modern standards found on many other internet sites.

We've had our second successful Club-S12 enthusiast calendar produced... 12 pages of full-color shots, and cover art that once again was S12 enthusiast designed... and another great Car Of The Year featured on the back cover. We've also finally delivered the decals that many of you have been asking about for a long time, and they came out great.

Our 2009 was great, but in January 2010 alone we had a large number of new people sign up and tell us about their cars. Many of them have turbo models or SE's, so it's nice to see a wide variety of S12's and owners coming out of darkness and into the community.

2010 looks to be a good year for us. With many of your projects recently completed or about to be, I anticipate some photos of really cool S12's posted on the forum, and a 2011 calendar better than ever before. Along with the decals, I want to offer other monogrammed products such as T-shirts and hoodies, keychains, etc. If I make just one of those items available this year I will have done something good, but perhaps two or three items is still possible.

I've also recently promoted Ben (username: Xano) from a Super Moderator to Admin status. His technical knowledge along with his modest moderation style make him a good asset. He's usually online all night (US timezone, I think EST), so the two of us span the 24 hour period of a day, and can assist you with anything you might need.

Let's get our projects completed. Let's take amazing photos of cool engine swaps, slick visual stylings, and of action shots. Let's hold good turnouts in regional meets, and get some group shots to show off our cars. Let's attend race and drift events in our cars, and fly our decals and inform others about the S12. Let's get active. Let's make 2010 a good year!
« Last Edit: 01:06:15 PM / 02-Feb-10 by Arro »

Facebook Share    

-Jason Arro

'85 Nissan 200SX (KA24DE)
formerly,
'85 Nissan Silvia RS-X - FJ20 w/ dual Weber carbs
'84 Nissan 200SX Turbo
'85 Nissan 200SX Turbo
Drive it like you stole it, and work on it like you married it - self quote
Quote from: ka-t.org
Hella flush and all associates should be gunned down for brainwashing people into thinking a 225 and lots of camber is proper wheel fitment. THAT IS EASY, anyone can camber a skinny as tire till it dosnt rub. Now fitting an 11 with a 315 on stock fender with reasonable camber, that is fitment. And looks, and performs better than both.
i dont own a s12 at the moment but trying to acquire one to get rid of my s13 hatch
Quote from: SHOUTBOX
[27:54] zastaba: I had a friend touch the contacts on his distributer once
[28:04] zastaba: He did the super jumping up and down pain dance

Offline Leegamer

• No.S12.Position
    • http://www.vaz31club.com
Moving Into 2010
« Reply #1 on: 01:07:53 PM / 02-Feb-10 »
Much love for Club-S12.  My favorite forum because it's more than a forum, it's a place with a lot of cool, laid-back car geeks who have quirky tastes and quirky cars.

I haven't been here for that long, but the S12 is something I plan to hang onto for many years and keep tweaking/building into the ultimate machine as I continue to learn.

This is gonna be a good year and props to everyone who hangs around and provides good info.

Offline Redneck

Moving Into 2010
« Reply #2 on: 02:22:32 PM / 02-Feb-10 »
Quote from: Arro
Our 2009 was great, but in January 2010 alone we had a large number of new people sign up and tell us about their cars. Many of them have turbo models or SE's, so it's nice to see a wide variety of S12's and owners coming out of darkness and into the community.
It seems like a lot of people lurk so a good amount of these new members have probably been on the forums awhile just haven't registered. I know I was using cs12 for the tech info only for awhile before I joined the fun .

2010 looks to be a good year for us. With many of your projects recently completed or about to be, I anticipate some photos of really cool S12's posted on the forum, and a 2011 calendar better than ever before. Along with the decals, I want to offer other monogrammed products such as T-shirts and hoodies, keychains, etc. If I make just one of those items available this year I will have done something good, but perhaps two or three items is still possible.
Honestly that is cool you would be willing make hoodies, keychains, etc but before the admins get bogged down with how time consuming sometime like that can be it would be really nice if we could focus on fixing the banned users group first. Northwest Nissans has a cool set up that says temp banned users are "on vacation" and permanently banned users are just "banned". This would really help in letting other users know why someone might not be active or posting. Because of this cs12 members have to resort to gossip and word of mouth to find out when someone is temp banned or perma baned. cs12 is one of the very few forums I have been on that does not disclose if someone is banned or temp banned. If we can make a user group for member, moderator, super moderator, admin, site admin or honored veteran I don't understand why it would be so difficult to add a temp banned and banned user group. I am bringing this up because we are reflecting on how the club has progressed over the last few years and I think this is one of the bigger problems plaguing the clubs integrity and needs to be more transparent.

I've also recently promoted Ben (username: Xano) from a Super Moderator to Admin status. His technical knowledge along with his modest moderation style make him a good asset. He's usually online all night (US timezone, I think EST), so the two of us span the 24 hour period of a day, and can assist you with anything you might need.
+1 on Xano. It is good to hear he got promoted and I think he earned it. He as shown to be a very fair mod imo. He is not to strict which I highly praize but at the same time he will put his foot down when needed.
FIrst my rims are horrible, than there ok when painted black , now my cars horrible, now my fenders are to much after i was told i couldnt do it.... Lol club s12 ftw.....  Only here have Ive been told they look like shit..... SOrry its not bone stock with crown vic rims running the stock vg making 130whp and looks generic like every other one. My car looks dope ive been told this a billion times on local forums....

Offline Arro

• Administrator
  • S12 Guru
  • Vehicle: 1985 Nissan 200SX
    • http://www.cardomain.com/id/arro200sx
Moving Into 2010
« Reply #3 on: 06:34:18 PM / 02-Feb-10 »
Ack, yes, there are some things like the banned user group that we need, but so far, there hasn't been but one or two people who have ended up that way (that make any difference socially on here)... some of the people who used to talk on here but stopped weren't banned at all, but for one reason or another decided to "leave". So it's not like we have even a handful of "banned" users. Only three have been banned in the last four years, the rest were spambots and they get deleted entirely, along with whatever they posted.
-Jason Arro

'85 Nissan 200SX (KA24DE)
formerly,
'85 Nissan Silvia RS-X - FJ20 w/ dual Weber carbs
'84 Nissan 200SX Turbo
'85 Nissan 200SX Turbo
Drive it like you stole it, and work on it like you married it - self quote
Quote from: ka-t.org
Hella flush and all associates should be gunned down for brainwashing people into thinking a 225 and lots of camber is proper wheel fitment. THAT IS EASY, anyone can camber a skinny as tire till it dosnt rub. Now fitting an 11 with a 315 on stock fender with reasonable camber, that is fitment. And looks, and performs better than both.
i dont own a s12 at the moment but trying to acquire one to get rid of my s13 hatch
Quote from: SHOUTBOX
[27:54] zastaba: I had a friend touch the contacts on his distributer once
[28:04] zastaba: He did the super jumping up and down pain dance

Offline Xano

• Viva la Tropico!
  • Administrator
  • S12 Guru
  • Vehicle: 2014 Dodge Charger
    • This Isn't Over, LLC
Moving Into 2010
« Reply #4 on: 09:47:09 PM / 02-Feb-10 »
Right know I'm trying to get a good anti-spam system in place, we have to manually approve accounts as most of you know, and that's definitely time consuming and not fun.

Also, PM Delete redirecting to a blank page problem is now a thing of the past as well, there are still a few PM/Friend system issues that I need to fix relating to that redirect to blank page issue we were having, but the main PM delete part of it is gone.

Oh and on the TimeZone, I'm online usually from 7 PM to 4 AM CST (Central time)
« Last Edit: 10:55:43 PM / 02-Feb-10 by Xano »
~xano

Offline Alex Frost

• Moderators
  • S12 Guru
    • http://www.cardomain.com/id/05alex
Moving Into 2010
« Reply #5 on: 11:53:54 PM / 02-Feb-10 »
Quote from: Xano
Also, PM Delete redirecting to a blank page problem is now a thing of the past as well, there are still a few PM/Friend system issues that I need to fix relating to that redirect to blank page issue we were having, but the main PM delete part of it is gone.

Thats awesome!  That has been one of my pet peeves for quite some time.
The Nissan S12 Silvia...built while Nissan was still smokin' the green stuff
Cars...
2004 Nissan Sentra SE-R Spec V
1988 Toyota Supra Turbo->->NOT SO Turbo
1987 S12 hatch...KAZU is BACK!!! and she still runs!!!
1986 S12 hatch...GONE!
1980 Toyota Celica "Sunchaser" w/ 20R Sold
Team Frost; there's nothing faster than cats on grass!