Club-S12 International S12OC United Kingdom ClubS12 France S12Silvia Australia S12.org.ua Eastern Europe S12 of Sweden S12 Japan BBS
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Project: Resurrection.  (Read 149453 times)

Offline sideways_s12

• CS12 OG
  • Global Moderator
  • S12 Guru
  • Vehicle: 1987 Nissan 200SX
  • Quit Fuckin around and start the car!
Re: Project: Black Widow VH inside!
« Reply #640 on: 11:04:49 AM / 28-Jan-21 »
Don't worry to much about the black car. we are moving in a few months it'll be one less project youll have to worry about so I will definetly will be coming to take it off your hands.

Offline sideways_s12

• CS12 OG
  • Global Moderator
  • S12 Guru
« Reply #641 on: 09:30:40 PM / 16-Feb-21 »
I'm super excited to get my car back Raven and I have been talking and my old red s12 has the 18det in it and once he is done with his current project he will be wiring up the red car then we will be pulling the stuff of my old black car that I bought from louie i.e. the rear subframe with iggy's first camber fix and welded diff with 1 piece Drive shaft which also has the rear suspension done. also going with manual windows instead of the power windows. I can't wait till I'm back behind the wheel of one again... I'm gonna start with the s13 front suspension conversion and figure out what brakes I want. once I get that all set up I'm going to focus on the motor, or paint I'm gonna sand it down and prime it and atleast it'll be one color until I figure what color to actually paint it I don't think I'll go black again maybe the blue the car comes in. who knows. lol I have so many ideas rolling around in my head it's not even funny.

Offline sideways_s12

• CS12 OG
  • Global Moderator
  • S12 Guru
« Reply #642 on: 05:31:54 PM / 28-Feb-21 »
Popped by Ravens yesterday to assess the cars little more work than I expected but its whatever I'll just be happy to own one again. I'm being patiently impatient waiting for Raven to finish his up lol.

Offline sideways_s12

• CS12 OG
  • Global Moderator
  • S12 Guru
Re: Project: Resurrection.
« Reply #643 on: 06:39:23 PM / 08-Mar-21 »
Went by on Saturday in hopes to pull a bunch of stuff off the car started with the front suspension which was going well until the last bolt on the pass side didn't want to come loose smh I hit it with some pb blaster and and am letting it sit till I get back down there on Saturday again... hopefully I can break it loose and get the pass side out then I'll be pulling the manual windows and the seats along with the fuel pump...and the mark 2 lights.. then the rear subframe.

Offline sideways_s12

• CS12 OG
  • Global Moderator
  • S12 Guru
« Reply #644 on: 01:54:53 PM / 14-Mar-21 »
So another day at Ravens. I bought a 1/2 inch impact gun and I got the bolt to the suspension off.  I don't know why I didn't get one sooner lol Anyway got some work done pulled the windows and window assembly for the manual windows also pulled the grant steering wheel that was on it. I was in the process of pulling the fuel pump assembly which housed a Walbro 255 the plastics on the pump disintegrated lol perks of working on an old car that has been sitting and affected by the hot summers of vegas. I will post pictures as soon as I figure out how. until then feel free to go to my Instagram page Project_Phoenix_s12.
« Last Edit: 01:59:32 PM / 14-Mar-21 by sideways_s12 »

Offline sideways_s12

• CS12 OG
  • Global Moderator
  • S12 Guru
« Reply #645 on: 01:35:38 PM / 21-Mar-21 »
Did some more work on the car. Pulled the old suspension off and and put the tokicos with Canucks springs on its a lot lower and stiffer in the front now no more bouncy suspension. This is just temporary until I get the s13 stuff going. Lifted the rear of the car to prep for the removal of the rear subframe.

Offline sideways_s12

• CS12 OG
  • Global Moderator
  • S12 Guru
« Reply #646 on: 12:34:59 PM / 23-Mar-21 »
Ordered my aftermarket fuel pump. went with deautchwerks (sp?) because David Carroll said it more efficient and quiet. Hopefully it gets here by Saturday so I can install it in the assembly.

Offline sideways_s12

• CS12 OG
  • Global Moderator
  • S12 Guru
« Reply #647 on: 03:49:49 PM / 25-Mar-21 »
small uopdate fuel pump arrived yesterday. Just have to install into the assembly and take it with on Saturday to Ravens once I get the rear subframes swapped it'll get put in. Progress is coming along nicely!

Offline sideways_s12

• CS12 OG
  • Global Moderator
  • S12 Guru
« Reply #648 on: 02:24:54 PM / 28-Mar-21 »
So I got the rear subframe out of the red car and moved but ran out of time to get the rear subframe out of the black car just need to remove the brake lines and then it'll be ready to move to the red car and install. 

Offline sideways_s12

• CS12 OG
  • Global Moderator
  • S12 Guru
« Reply #649 on: 03:24:59 PM / 04-Apr-21 »
Modded rear subframe with one piece Drive shaft has been installed lower and stiffer can't wait to get her driving 

Offline sideways_s12

• CS12 OG
  • Global Moderator
  • S12 Guru
« Reply #650 on: 03:16:38 PM / 11-Apr-21 »
Not much progress. I swapped from power to manual windows. That's about all I did. I am however looking for a full dash with mounting hardware.

Offline Max

• n00b
« Reply #651 on: 09:15:26 PM / 11-Apr-21 »
Do you have a dash currently? I've seen some pretty good restorations on dashes. Flocking is a good option and can make an old crappy dash look pretty dang new.

Offline sideways_s12

• CS12 OG
  • Global Moderator
  • S12 Guru
« Reply #652 on: 11:12:23 PM / 13-Apr-21 »
Do you have a dash currently? I've seen some pretty good restorations on dashes. Flocking is a good option and can make an old crappy dash look pretty dang new.

No, I don't currently have a dash but Eternalswap (Alex) has a parts car in KY that has a pretty clean dash and center console it's blue but that's ok I was thinking of dying it or painting it some how to get it to match what I want to do maybe I'll sticker bomb it lol or Have it dipped.

Offline sideways_s12

• CS12 OG
  • Global Moderator
  • S12 Guru
« Reply #653 on: 12:47:13 PM / 28-Apr-21 »
No recent updates just waiting on the dash to get sent so I can move forward...

Offline sideways_s12

• CS12 OG
  • Global Moderator
  • S12 Guru
« Reply #654 on: 10:05:23 PM / 11-May-21 »
While waiting for the dash I came across another s12, that I'm picking up for my son. it's a pretty clean white 84 hatch. it's been sitting for a few years and I'm not sure when the last time it was started it cranks now but won't fire. once I take delivery I'll be able to better assess it.

Offline sideways_s12

• CS12 OG
  • Global Moderator
  • S12 Guru
« Reply #655 on: 11:02:02 AM / 09-Aug-21 »
The project has been paused due to some life bullshit as soon as I get it together I'll get back on track... still debating if I should keep cadet for now or go with an LS swap...Im going LS in the future just wondering if I should just do it right away or get it running with the det

Offline Max

• n00b
« Reply #656 on: 11:40:16 AM / 09-Aug-21 »
What's wrong with the CA? If you had a good running CA18DET right now, would you pull it out and start swapping in an LS? If the answer is yes, then go for it. 

Offline sideways_s12

• CS12 OG
  • Global Moderator
  • S12 Guru
« Reply #657 on: 06:55:35 PM / 17-Aug-21 »
Nothing wrong with the CA at all needs wiring done to get it running and probably a tune. I'll probably get it running and piece together the LS.

Offline Max

• n00b
« Reply #658 on: 12:07:33 PM / 18-Aug-21 »
That's what I would do.  Enjoy your car in the meantime.  You might even like it so much you change your mind!

Offline sideways_s12

• CS12 OG
  • Global Moderator
  • S12 Guru
« Reply #659 on: 11:27:22 PM / 19-Aug-21 »
Oh I love the CA but I've always wanted to play with a V8...