Club-S12 International S12OC United Kingdom ClubS12 France S12Silvia Australia S12.org.ua Eastern Europe S12 of Sweden S12 Japan BBS
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: 2011 Club Calendar Submissions Are Open  (Read 30524 times)

Offline Arro

• Administrator
  • S12 Guru
  • Vehicle: 1985 Nissan 200SX
    • http://www.cardomain.com/id/arro200sx
2011 Club Calendar Submissions Are Open
« on: 08:04:11 PM / 01-May-10 »
The submissions are now open for 2011 Club-S12 Calendar entries!

Yes, for months earlier than before. Because you lazy phucks take forEVER to get us good pics

Last year's calendar was LATE... because of what I just stated above, no other reasons. The previous year (2009) was our fault, but this last year should have happened smoother. SO, here we go, WAY sooner.

Again like last year, there CAN be a "BEST GROUP SHOT", which will get a month spot in the calendar along with credit printed for those in the picture, so get your local members together and get soe good meet shots. It can be a shot from a car show provided that:

- You own the shot. Or your buddy does and says it's okay to use it.
 - There are ONLY S12's in the foreground. Now, if someone's 510 is sitting way in the background, that's okay.

Like before 2011 will also feature a "Car of the Year" choice, so if you think your car has a lot going for it both on the outside, under the hood, and in the cab, take shots of all that and submit it. Who knows, you might make Car of the Year, and get the back cover spot. We <3 engine bay shots, cool closeups of suspension and brakes behind sexy wheels, pics of race-spec gauge and dash setups, along with multiple angle shots of hot cars. I've been really pleased with the previous Car of the Year winners.

Good luck, and let's see what you guys can bring to the table

SUBMISSION RULES[/size]

What submissions that will make it will be GOOD shots. Less important if you're stock or not, and more important:

1. How clean your car looks.
2. The setting you take the picture in.
3. The camera creativity (angle, lighting, etc).
4. If there are a dozen other submitted cars that look identical to yours, but your picture is better in the preceding points.

DO NOT send images that are resized down. We need FULL-SIZED images, AT LEAST 2,000 pixels wide. Anything less WILL BE DISCARDED. So make sure your digital camera is set to full resolution, and unless your cellphone is something like 3MP and the shot is clean, forget the phone pics.

You are to EMAIL your submission photos to clubs12admin@gmail.com DO NOT PM THEM, AND DO NOT POST THEM IN THE FORUM! The ONLY submissions that will be evaluated are those emailed to the above email address. ALSO, since we are starting so much earlier this year, PM me to let me know you emailed your submissions!

As I said, DO NOT post *submission photos* here! We don't want arguments over who's is better and worthy for one thing, and for another, posting them will just give others ideas to improve on it and beat you out for a spot on the calendar.

... have them in NO LATER than October 31, 2010

Edit: DO NOT POST SUBMISSIONS HERE! DO NOT POST SUBMISSIONS HERE! DO NOT POST SUBMISSIONS HERE!  
« Last Edit: 10:51:48 PM / 06-May-10 by Arro »

Facebook Share    

-Jason Arro

'85 Nissan 200SX (KA24DE)
formerly,
'85 Nissan Silvia RS-X - FJ20 w/ dual Weber carbs
'84 Nissan 200SX Turbo
'85 Nissan 200SX Turbo
Drive it like you stole it, and work on it like you married it - self quote
Quote from: ka-t.org
Hella flush and all associates should be gunned down for brainwashing people into thinking a 225 and lots of camber is proper wheel fitment. THAT IS EASY, anyone can camber a skinny as tire till it dosnt rub. Now fitting an 11 with a 315 on stock fender with reasonable camber, that is fitment. And looks, and performs better than both.
i dont own a s12 at the moment but trying to acquire one to get rid of my s13 hatch
Quote from: SHOUTBOX
[27:54] zastaba: I had a friend touch the contacts on his distributer once
[28:04] zastaba: He did the super jumping up and down pain dance

Offline 4GOT10

• http://
« Reply #1 on: 03:50:55 AM / 10-May-10 »
are you still going to argue black and blue about the quarter lock making cars look broken?

http://s12silvia.com/http://s12silvia.com/...tGazelle_04.jpg

or

http://s12silvia.com/http://s12silvia.com/...tGazelle_02.jpg
« Last Edit: 03:53:06 AM / 10-May-10 by 4GOT10 »

Offline Xano

• Viva la Tropico!
  • Administrator
  • S12 Guru
  • Vehicle: 2014 Dodge Charger
    • This Isn't Over, LLC
« Reply #2 on: 04:03:24 AM / 10-May-10 »
I'm going to say yes except action shots, same rules as 2010's calendar went by.

~xano

Offline Draconis

« Reply #3 on: 04:23:26 AM / 10-May-10 »
I dont really understand the rational you guys choose for the wheel lock setup.  I didnt two years ago when I helped out and still do not.  Looking at magazines, other publications, and talking to photographers as of late, I think it's a good idea to allow quarter-locked wheels and such, as long as it is obviously artistic and such.

Offline Xano

• Viva la Tropico!
  • Administrator
  • S12 Guru
  • Vehicle: 2014 Dodge Charger
    • This Isn't Over, LLC
« Reply #4 on: 05:40:58 AM / 10-May-10 »
its up to arro and not me, im just going with what im betting to be his preference.  I will say that I agree with him on the fact that I like straight wheels better though.
« Last Edit: 05:41:29 AM / 10-May-10 by Xano »
~xano

Offline SC S12

« Reply #5 on: 07:42:17 AM / 10-May-10 »
unless its for showing off the max steering throw or your camber increase/caster, i dont get the different lock positions.

i just took my pics with my wheels where they were to get in the place where i snapped pics :S
Beam me up Scotty,
There is no intelligent life down here

Follow the Link to New Fast http://club-s12.org/v3/index.php?topic=32213.0

Offline VG33ERGazelle?

• It's still a Datsun.
  • Vehicle: 1987 Nissan S12
« Reply #6 on: 11:15:19 AM / 10-May-10 »
lock positioned wheels would make sense if say...your shot was a drifting action shot or something.
Colin L. - First recorded case of a running, drivable VG33ER swapped S12
In Print, 2/6/2011 - Nico Club
Projects:
-'87 SE-V6, VG33ER Swapped
-Daily Driven S14K
-Graduate college at some point

What I lack in decorum, I make up for in absence of tact.
i has sweet coilovers and hoshinos, also my hood isnt pregnant with a supercharger baby.

Offline fastback_silvia

• n00b
« Reply #7 on: 02:01:31 PM / 10-May-10 »
a shot of the car at a 3/4 view point with locked wheels allows more of the car to be seen in a single shot. you can see the front of the car, the side of the car, and a straight view of the wheel itself, as apposed to having the wheel being straight at at an angle that may make it slightly harder to see the wheel type. this is especially true when it comes to deep dish wheels, as you can often only see the lip from a 3/4 view shot and not the actual wheel style itself.

its a similar theory to how a person is photographed. it adds character to the shot and gives it a bit of life that a "parked car" shot usually lacks. if you were taking a picture of someone, would you want them to pose or stand straight up with their arms at their sides?

Offline Draconis

« Reply #8 on: 02:04:39 PM / 10-May-10 »
They key word is that it needs to be artistic, which is not an easy thing to do.  Anyone can turn a wheel and take a picture, but does it work?  I do know that in the 09 calendar, both Markus and I have our wheels not straight.  It suited the picture and was not drastic, but it is there and works.  I'm just saying, that as a rule, I can understand you dont want everyone submitting photos with wheels angled, but to reject all of them, not quite sure that's a good choice either.  Def. could see not recommending it but a disclaimer saying if you think you have some magical ability and can make it fit well, then go ahead and try.  After all, someone can submit a couple pictures to choose from and *one* of them may have some amount of wheel turned.

Offline EightySix200SX

• low.fun.sexytime!
  • S12 Guru
  • Vehicle: 1986 Nissan 200SX
  • NEED ANYTHING S12 RELATED PM or Email today!
    • «LOW.XII.POSITION» INTL PARTS SALES/DISTRIBUTION
« Reply #9 on: 02:18:43 PM / 10-May-10 »
yay! ill be submitting my car (now that it is presentable) i need a high res camera tho damnit!
«LOW.XII.POSITION».nostalgic car culture & club ¦est.2004
¡lowfunsexytime! Global New & Used Parts Sales/Distribution

CLUB-S12 FEEDBACK RATING +72! CLICK HERE
ANYTHING  LOOKIKG FOR :  PARTS IN STOCK CLICK HERE
NEED S12 PARTS NOT LISTED IN MY THREAD? EMAIL lowXIIposition@yahoo.com OR Facebook US: www.facebook.com/need12parts/
I <3 DEMI LOVATO= ID SMASH! SELENA GOMEZ/MILEY CYRUS= R TRASH!

Damn let a Nig have a moment of glory b4 you start fucking with him.

Offline Arro

• Administrator
  • S12 Guru
« Reply #10 on: 09:07:43 PM / 07-Jul-10 »
Some of the submissions thus far are pretty good, and new people along with some that I've wanted to see submit now for awhile... I'm gonna say that I'm relaxed a bit now on the turned wheel thing, because some of the cars in both the previous years' calendars have it slightly. It all comes down to how well -- or just plain unsightly -- it ends up looking.

So if you think your car's pics look good... give it a shot.Some of you know that we've given some guidance on how to take them, and managed to get cars in the calendar that initially weren't photographed well. And many of you do just fine on your own. The bottom line is that there is plenty of potential out there, both refined and in the raw.

We've already got some good submissions, but keep 'em comin. Every year we get surprises and I'm sure this year will have some, too.

And Justin, your car definitely has a good shot at it
« Last Edit: 09:08:38 PM / 07-Jul-10 by Arro »
-Jason Arro

formerly,
'84 Nissan 200SX Turbo
'85 Nissan 200SX Turbo
Hella flush and all associates should be gunned down for brainwashing people into thinking a 225 and lots of camber is proper wheel fitment. THAT IS EASY, anyone can camber a skinny as tire till it dosnt rub. Now fitting an 11 with a 315 on stock fender with reasonable camber, that is fitment. And looks, and performs better than both.
i dont own a s12 at the moment but trying to acquire one to get rid of my s13 hatch

Offline xxstreetbikesxx

« Reply #11 on: 09:50:01 PM / 07-Jul-10 »
i should have a paint job by mid september.. so im going to give it a shot.  
-signature edited as it violates the rules-

Ka24et... Status- Neverending.

Swap Thread:
From Ca20e to Ka24e

Need  Ca20e parts? Click here! Lots of parts for sale!

Selling some Ka and ca parts! check out my for sale thread(S)!

Offline SC S12

« Reply #12 on: 10:18:16 PM / 07-Jul-10 »
i gave it many shots...
Beam me up Scotty,
There is no intelligent life down here

Follow the Link to New Fast http://club-s12.org/v3/index.php?topic=32213.0

Offline Arro

• Administrator
  • S12 Guru
« Reply #13 on: 10:30:39 AM / 16-Aug-10 »
I'm still looking for new submissions... new cars we haven't seen before... or maybe you submitted the last couple years but didn't get a car in.... last year there were so many amazing cars, so try again!

send them to clubs12admin@gmail.com and let's see whatcha got!
« Last Edit: 10:38:04 AM / 16-Aug-10 by Arro »
-Jason Arro

formerly,
'84 Nissan 200SX Turbo
'85 Nissan 200SX Turbo

Offline Kustamogen

• Vehicle: 1987 Nissan S12
« Reply #14 on: 11:17:38 AM / 16-Aug-10 »
I have some shots....so if I dont get anything better in the next lil bit at least I have something lol.....but I wanna see if I can get any better shots. Either way Ill send you stuff within the next week most likely!

Offline EightySix200SX

• low.fun.sexytime!
  • S12 Guru
  • Vehicle: 1986 Nissan 200SX
  • NEED ANYTHING S12 RELATED PM or Email today!
    • «LOW.XII.POSITION» INTL PARTS SALES/DISTRIBUTION
« Reply #15 on: 08:33:26 PM / 16-Aug-10 »
Quote from: Arro
I'm still looking for new submissions... new cars we haven't seen before... or maybe you submitted the last couple years but didn't get a car in.... last year there were so many amazing cars, so try again!

send them to clubs12admin@gmail.com and let's see whatcha got!

hmmmmm
«LOW.XII.POSITION».nostalgic car culture & club ¦est.2004
¡lowfunsexytime! Global New & Used Parts Sales/Distribution

CLUB-S12 FEEDBACK RATING +72! CLICK HERE
ANYTHING  LOOKIKG FOR :  PARTS IN STOCK CLICK HERE
NEED S12 PARTS NOT LISTED IN MY THREAD? EMAIL lowXIIposition@yahoo.com OR Facebook US: www.facebook.com/need12parts/
I <3 DEMI LOVATO= ID SMASH! SELENA GOMEZ/MILEY CYRUS= R TRASH!

Damn let a Nig have a moment of glory b4 you start fucking with him.

Offline Arro

• Administrator
  • S12 Guru
« Reply #16 on: 02:59:02 AM / 20-Aug-10 »
Ok some of you are sending small images. Please read the submission rules on the first post. We can't use smaller images. They need to be orginal, HIGH resolution pics.
-Jason Arro

formerly,
'84 Nissan 200SX Turbo
'85 Nissan 200SX Turbo

Offline Arro

• Administrator
  • S12 Guru
Re: 2011 Club Calendar Submissions Are Open
« Reply #17 on: 03:46:55 PM / 09-Nov-10 »
I'm still taking submissions if you got em. Send em to the email ;)
-Jason Arro

formerly,
'84 Nissan 200SX Turbo
'85 Nissan 200SX Turbo

Offline IggyEGuana

• Builder - Driver
  • S12 Guru
« Reply #18 on: 11:09:51 PM / 10-Dec-10 »
Any eta on the 2011 calender? :D

Waylon Deno - Silhouette Autosports (check it out on facebook)
Drift Build Thread
Quote from: Arro
you sir are emblazoned with win.

Offline Prolowtone

• Mr. Clean
  • CONTRIBUTING MEMBER
  • S12 Guru
« Reply #19 on: 06:27:47 AM / 11-Dec-10 »
I am working on my cars appearance right now! lol. new rims coming soon as well as Non broken lights.
I keep my car cleaner then my room
Fuck you then, I'll take my movies, box of chocolates, bottle of wine and chloroform somewhere else.
Adding an SSD to that is kinda like strapping a 3 inch stainless HKS exhaust on a geo metro.