Club-S12 International S12OC United Kingdom ClubS12 France S12Silvia Australia S12.org.ua Eastern Europe S12 of Sweden S12 Japan BBS
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: 2011 Club Calendar Submissions Are Open  (Read 44950 times)

Offline sunny1600

Re: 2011 Club Calendar Submissions Are Open
« Reply #60 on: 01:00:14 PM / 22-Jun-11 »
I just stumbled upon this thread. Im not that active on C-S12 but a nice calender full of S12's sound nice.

However a side note.
Arro I read your comments and I find them not worthy of an admin or moderator. You should give the right example as you are one of the faces of C-S12. If I'm right it is not allowed to post offensive comments regardless of past history. Or is it normal to post this type of comments in the USA?

Nordschleife laps counter
2009: 4
2010:24
2011: 11

Offline CamInHead

« Reply #61 on: 01:42:01 PM / 22-Jun-11 »

... I know some people had shipping problems overseas, and a couple of you may never have received yours due to getting lost in international post (those of you who brought this to our attention did get resent calendars or refunded), but I did alot of work and at my expense.

Actually I recieved neither, now you mention it.....

Offline Arro

• Administrator
  • S12 Guru
  • Vehicle: 1985 Nissan 200SX
    • http://www.cardomain.com/id/arro200sx
« Reply #62 on: 07:34:46 PM / 22-Jun-11 »
no, it's not normal, and you are correct, I shouldn't let one person piss me off... there is just so much garbage that has happened in the past year with people who I showed extreme patience with, it just gets to me sometimes. I've put a LOT of work into this place over the last four years, and it can be stressful when the same people seem determined to see me fail with this.

I've cleaned up the nonsense posts including my own, because you are indeed correct. I have however left my more sensible thoughts on this, because I still believe that there can be no calendars without car owner participation.

Caminhead, you never got one? Which year was this for?
-Jason Arro

'85 Nissan 200SX (KA24DE)
formerly,
'85 Nissan Silvia RS-X - FJ20 w/ dual Weber carbs
'84 Nissan 200SX Turbo
'85 Nissan 200SX Turbo
Drive it like you stole it, and work on it like you married it - self quote
Quote from: ka-t.org
Hella flush and all associates should be gunned down for brainwashing people into thinking a 225 and lots of camber is proper wheel fitment. THAT IS EASY, anyone can camber a skinny as tire till it dosnt rub. Now fitting an 11 with a 315 on stock fender with reasonable camber, that is fitment. And looks, and performs better than both.
i dont own a s12 at the moment but trying to acquire one to get rid of my s13 hatch
Quote from: SHOUTBOX
[27:54] zastaba: I had a friend touch the contacts on his distributer once
[28:04] zastaba: He did the super jumping up and down pain dance

Offline sunny1600

« Reply #63 on: 03:39:48 AM / 23-Jun-11 »
Ok good to know.

However I dont know about the situation (not the Jersey Shore one LOL) but couldnt you straighten things out then? Give that person a call or whatever. We are all fans and all trying to represent the S12's.

About the calender.
I will help you to get things going for the 2012 calender. I dont think it is wise to start a 2011 calender just to have one. They year is half gone.

I cant believe it is impossible to get 12 cars to feature the calender? I read your quotes and toughts about this and therefor the members of C-S12 should do the following thing. Take out your digital camera's and make some nice shots of your car. Submit your best to Arro in FULL resolution so not just a small photobucket picture.

If you have the pictures in October you will have enough time to get the Calenders made and distributed to the members that want to buy one I guess. That way everybody should have one before the start of 2012.

Don't look back, look forward. Thats the way the S12 lifestyle should be.

Nordschleife laps counter
2009: 4
2010:24
2011: 11

Offline CamInHead

« Reply #64 on: 01:13:40 PM / 23-Jun-11 »

Caminhead, you never got one? Which year was this for?

Maybe '09. I can't recall and nolonger have the PMs.

Offline Arro

• Administrator
  • S12 Guru
« Reply #65 on: 02:28:37 AM / 24-Jun-11 »
Caminhead, I keep all my old info, let me look into it and I will contact you privately.
-Jason Arro

formerly,
'84 Nissan 200SX Turbo
'85 Nissan 200SX Turbo
Hella flush and all associates should be gunned down for brainwashing people into thinking a 225 and lots of camber is proper wheel fitment. THAT IS EASY, anyone can camber a skinny as tire till it dosnt rub. Now fitting an 11 with a 315 on stock fender with reasonable camber, that is fitment. And looks, and performs better than both.
i dont own a s12 at the moment but trying to acquire one to get rid of my s13 hatch

Offline Keith

• Honored Veterans
  • S12 Guru
    • http://www.cardomain.com/id/1984rps12
« Reply #66 on: 10:02:40 AM / 28-Jun-11 »
the calendar idea got suckerpunched when people with nice cars failed to participate;

Soooo are past entries now allowed to par-take?  The last time I tried to submit I was told I couldn't

*1984 S12 Turbo* CA18DET swap * Custom top mount header & dump pipe * Mitsu Heavy Industries EVO III 16g turbo * Custom 3" turbo back exhaust with Magnaflow muffler * Front mount intercooler * Front mount oil cooler * Nismo fuel pressure regulator * Walbro 255 * DSM 450cc Injestors * Apexi Safc II * AEM Wide Band * AEM Tru Boost * Z32 MAF * Cometic head gasket * Centerforce Dual Friction clutch *  Tokico lowering springs * Owned since 1989 *

*2007 BMW M6* S85 V10 sweetness

*2004 C5 Z06*

*2006 BMW E60 550i Sport* Boner stock; SOLD *

*1995 Maxima* Owned since 1995 SOLD

Car Domain

Offline Arro

• Administrator
  • S12 Guru
« Reply #67 on: 01:24:34 PM / 28-Jun-11 »
You gotta have two calendars between your first entry. Since there isn't gonna be a 2011, I have to think about that. You can help me decide by sending me something lol
-Jason Arro

formerly,
'84 Nissan 200SX Turbo
'85 Nissan 200SX Turbo

Offline silverton

« Reply #68 on: 03:50:41 PM / 28-Jun-11 »
If there is an issue with people submitting pictures, should we really be that picky about the people that DO submit stuff as long as it's a different picture than the prior year?
-Dennis

BoostedVG (in regards to people hating on the VG) - Me thinks they were not the mechanic they thought and blamed it all on the engine.

Colonol Gustard - youre one of the few people that represent the s12 chassis like a boss!

Offline Keith

• Honored Veterans
  • S12 Guru
    • http://www.cardomain.com/id/1984rps12
« Reply #69 on: 12:42:02 AM / 29-Jun-11 »
bingo

*1984 S12 Turbo* CA18DET swap * Custom top mount header & dump pipe * Mitsu Heavy Industries EVO III 16g turbo * Custom 3" turbo back exhaust with Magnaflow muffler * Front mount intercooler * Front mount oil cooler * Nismo fuel pressure regulator * Walbro 255 * DSM 450cc Injestors * Apexi Safc II * AEM Wide Band * AEM Tru Boost * Z32 MAF * Cometic head gasket * Centerforce Dual Friction clutch *  Tokico lowering springs * Owned since 1989 *

*2007 BMW M6* S85 V10 sweetness

*2004 C5 Z06*

*2006 BMW E60 550i Sport* Boner stock; SOLD *

*1995 Maxima* Owned since 1995 SOLD

Car Domain

Offline Arro

• Administrator
  • S12 Guru
« Reply #70 on: 02:07:56 AM / 29-Jun-11 »
Im not ruling it out. My biggest issue this time was not getting HIGH resolution images, and the second issue was getting just poor photography with terrible lighting. I had about six or seven good pics tho.
-Jason Arro

formerly,
'84 Nissan 200SX Turbo
'85 Nissan 200SX Turbo

Offline Maxpow

• S12 Guru
  • Vehicle: 1987 Nissan S12
« Reply #71 on: 12:41:01 PM / 29-Jun-11 »
Arro I read your comments and I find them not worthy of an admin or moderator. You should give the right example as you are one of the faces of C-S12. If I'm right it is not allowed to post offensive comments regardless of past history. Or is it normal to post this type of comments in the USA?

Someone with balls. Finally!

Arro why don't you have a troll account to fight colin with, it makes the board look pretty pathetic when you are being the forum Hitler wielding absolute power. The feud with s12sil is so lollersnaps as well.

If there is an issue with people submitting pictures, should we really be that picky about the people that DO submit stuff as long as it's a different picture than the prior year?

Great point.

I think all the rules regarding photos is silly considering we always are 6-7 months late or like this year gets scrapped. :(.

Jason, let me buy cs12 from you.

1987 Nissan 200sx SE ("The Squirrely Drifter") - Totaled and Gone forever
1987 Nissan 200sx SE ("The Weebly Wobbler") - Impounded and Gone forever
2007 Kia Spectra - Fantastic Daily Driver - Custom CAI, NGK wires/plugs.
2002 Hyundai Accent - Totaled and Gone Forever.

MAXPOW'S PARTS SALES: http://club-s12.org/v3/index.php?topic=31350.new#new
SEND ME A PMhttp://club-s12.org/v3/index.php?action=pm;sa=send;u=2092 /EMAIL Maxpow99@hotmail.com

Certified Member of SoCal Parts Alliance.

And, I'm going to say this publicly. Maxpow knows how to keep me at bay, while still laughing with him. Take lessons y'all

Offline Arro

• Administrator
  • S12 Guru
« Reply #72 on: 01:19:45 PM / 29-Jun-11 »
Andrew, there is no feud with S12silvia, Matt and I saw to that.  The only people who have called Ben or I nazis are people who got busted for shit (even you), and as far as Colin goes, he shouldn't be causing me any grief from now on.

As far as things "always" being late... it pisses me off when some of you say that, because you obviously are clueless. But then I think for a moment more, and excuse your ignorance, because of course you have no clue what gets sent to me for submissions... even if I were to tell you or show you, the larger picture would still elude you, because you aren't really faced with the task of getting it done.

Before I did the first one, I looked at a successful one on another site to see when they had opened submissions each year. October was when they did it, and they always had an abundance of submissions.  So that's when I opened ours. But submissions trickled in slowly... and come December, we were waiting still. By late December, we finally got some summer and springtime shots (wow... just plain... wow). Most of the email and PM conversations were about "I haven't had the chance to..." or, "I'll see what I can do..." so there it was. Or wasn't.

Year #2, I opened up submissions even earlier. Same thing happened. Last year, same thing. I CAN'T GO OUT AND TAKE PICS OF 12 MONTHS OF S12'S MYSELF. If anyone fails to understand this, then they aren't really sympathetic to the goal anyways, and just want to stir up drama. Which is what pissed me off about what Colin first said. He disregarded the facts because it suited him to, and what makes it worse is he helped with the first one and knows how late some of the better shots came. Basically he was the troll, hiding bullshit in polite words. My mistake was to bother to respond. Regardless, if people don't give us good, useable pictures in a high resolution, there can be no calendar.

Instead of offering to buy the club, how about doing something for it, and helping us get better photos for the calendar. In other words, start supporting C-S12 in a useful way.
-Jason Arro

formerly,
'84 Nissan 200SX Turbo
'85 Nissan 200SX Turbo

Offline Maxpow

• S12 Guru
« Reply #73 on: 01:44:09 PM / 29-Jun-11 »
I supported CS12 in a useful way by offering shit loads of cheap parts.

I just don't like how you talk shit to people on your own forum. Its not like anyone is going to stand up to you. Just think about it.

SEND ME A PMhttp://club-s12.org/v3/index.php?action=pm;sa=send;u=2092 /EMAIL Maxpow99@hotmail.com

And, I'm going to say this publicly. Maxpow knows how to keep me at bay, while still laughing with him. Take lessons y'all

Offline silverton

« Reply #74 on: 01:46:42 PM / 29-Jun-11 »
I'm not trying to stir up drama or anything, as I will probably be trying to take some pictures of my car for the calender.  I think our problem is is that there are not many calender worthy s12's left in the world.  It's just an 80s econobox that most people used to drive to the store, daily beater, what have you.

I understand issues with photo resolution, lighting, overall quality of the picture for a calender... but if someone had their car in the prior calender, I believe those submissions should be used as a fall back to "fill in" the lack of NEW submissions.
-Dennis

BoostedVG (in regards to people hating on the VG) - Me thinks they were not the mechanic they thought and blamed it all on the engine.

Colonol Gustard - youre one of the few people that represent the s12 chassis like a boss!

Offline Arro

• Administrator
  • S12 Guru
« Reply #75 on: 01:59:07 PM / 29-Jun-11 »
I've only jumped one person in particular, and only over the last year or so, because of all the backstabbing. And that won't be an issue anymore. Anyone else before that was disruptive and got banned by vote of the whole team..

Things should return to normal now.
-Jason Arro

formerly,
'84 Nissan 200SX Turbo
'85 Nissan 200SX Turbo

Offline 86forever

« Reply #76 on: 03:50:19 PM / 29-Jun-11 »
THE next time i see any s12 on the street i am going to stop and take pic of it! i dont care if the person is ready to run me over but at lease i got a pic of it :)

Offline Maxpow

• S12 Guru
« Reply #77 on: 04:48:08 PM / 29-Jun-11 »
I love taking random shots of s12's on the street.

Offline Arro

• Administrator
  • S12 Guru
« Reply #78 on: 08:56:51 PM / 29-Jun-11 »
I've taken a few lol but that doesn't count.
-Jason Arro

formerly,
'84 Nissan 200SX Turbo
'85 Nissan 200SX Turbo

Offline d_k_jose_s12

• http://myspace.com/d_k_jose
« Reply #79 on: 08:24:39 PM / 17-Oct-12 »
hey guys are we having a 2013 calendar this year?????????