Club-S12 International S12OC United Kingdom ClubS12 France S12Silvia Australia S12.org.ua Eastern Europe S12 of Sweden S12 Japan BBS
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Excessive Site Links And Advertising In Signatures  (Read 6733 times)

Offline celestialsilvia

Excessive Site Links And Advertising In Signatures
« Reply #40 on: 12:03:32 PM / 28-May-10 »
Quote from: deadpirate
This forum is beat to hell. People are so bored that they argue amongst themselves. Arro is so bored that he has to find things to dislike. Everyone here is just bored.

Maybe people should wrench on their cars or something, and probably work so they can stop being so poor.

Its the only game in town bub. . . I think most of us DO have jobs, lives, and projects

I mean this entirely constructively, and am aware this forum is not other forums - but theres IS a 'boringness' about this site - cracking down too hard on linking to/posting up relevant/interesting links or answering EVERY question with "Use the Search Button" turns forums into dusty file cabinets of raw information instead of vibrant, alive resources and recreation
« Last Edit: 12:05:20 PM / 28-May-10 by celestialsilvia »

1987 Nissan Silvia 300SX - Vintage 1989 MOMO 'Sistema' Wheel, Nismo Shift Knob & Shortened Throw Shifter, NTK O2 & NGK plugs & wires, Spectre Cold Air Intake w/AEM filter, Cat-delete/Straight-pipe & 3-inch APEX'i Exhaust, Yellow Bosch Foglamps, Pioneer Speakers, AC, AIV, CC, WW delete, Addco Front & Rear Swaybars & Bushings, Suspension Techniques Springs, S14 Silvia Badge, JDM clear corner & M30 clear bumper lights, Prothane Polyurethane Rear Subframe Mounts
1991 Infiniti M30 Convertible - 'Burgundy Berry Pearl' and Black Convertible Top w/ 'White Contact' Leather Interior, Sonar Suspension II, Green Hi-Flow Drop-In Air-Filter, Wood Dash Kit & Steering Wheel

Offline Arro

• Administrator
  • S12 Guru
  • Vehicle: 1985 Nissan 200SX
    • http://www.cardomain.com/id/arro200sx
« Reply #41 on: 04:55:30 PM / 28-May-10 »
Jay, I concede partially to what you said about asking privately... I did bring up the issue in private once before, but I phrased it as a "maybe you should change that" kinds thing... and then this happened and I went staight to here.

Andrew... as always, you are our current crown Drama Queen. Every forum has one.

Quote from: deadpirate
This forum is beat to hell. People are so bored that they argue amongst themselves. Arro is so bored that he has to find things to dislike. Everyone here is just bored.

Maybe people should wrench on their cars or something, and probably work so they can stop being so poor.

And Deadpirate.... STFU and get out of our forum if you don't like it here. I'm far from "bored"... I've been buried in school (notice I haven't been on much recently) and I work. And have been working on two of my cars. And ripping and replanting lawn in the front and back yards. How about you? *lifting middle finger with a grin*

Enough has been said on here to support my thoughs on the original subject posted. This thread hurts my head as well, although I can't say if it's for the same reasons Matt has. Whatever.

-Jason Arro

'85 Nissan 200SX (KA24DE)
formerly,
'85 Nissan Silvia RS-X - FJ20 w/ dual Weber carbs
'84 Nissan 200SX Turbo
'85 Nissan 200SX Turbo
Drive it like you stole it, and work on it like you married it - self quote
Quote from: ka-t.org
Hella flush and all associates should be gunned down for brainwashing people into thinking a 225 and lots of camber is proper wheel fitment. THAT IS EASY, anyone can camber a skinny as tire till it dosnt rub. Now fitting an 11 with a 315 on stock fender with reasonable camber, that is fitment. And looks, and performs better than both.
i dont own a s12 at the moment but trying to acquire one to get rid of my s13 hatch
Quote from: SHOUTBOX
[27:54] zastaba: I had a friend touch the contacts on his distributer once
[28:04] zastaba: He did the super jumping up and down pain dance

Offline deadpirate

• http://
« Reply #42 on: 05:14:17 PM / 28-May-10 »
Quote from: Arro
Jay, I concede partially to what you said about asking privately... I did bring up the issue in private once before, but I phrased it as a "maybe you should change that" kinds thing... and then this happened and I went staight to here.

Andrew... as always, you are our current crown Drama Queen. Every forum has one.
And Deadpirate.... STFU and get out of our forum if you don't like it here. I'm far from "bored"... I've been buried in school (notice I haven't been on much recently) and I work. And have been working on two of my cars. And ripping and replanting lawn in the front and back yards. How about you? *lifting middle finger with a grin*

Enough has been said on here to support my thoughs on the original subject posted. This thread hurts my head as well, although I can't say if it's for the same reasons Matt has. Whatever.

Shit man, did that hit home? You even used asterisks to describe your reaction, suffice it to say that the grin probably meant I was pretty close. The ripping and replanting is kinda TMI though. Seems like criticism isn't taken well on your end. I'm just pointing out some observations, this place has really changed for the worse from 07.

Offline Arro

• Administrator
  • S12 Guru
« Reply #43 on: 05:18:45 PM / 28-May-10 »
hit home? How about I think you're just being a prick and call it out?

I've been here a lot longer than '07. Long before you. It's no better or worse than it was then. And I was gone for a couple years.... but it's still the same. So I don't know what you're talking about

The only nerve you hit is the troll meter in my brain. Like I said, STFU, or I will see you out. I take a hard stance on trolls.
« Last Edit: 05:23:09 PM / 28-May-10 by Arro »
-Jason Arro

formerly,
'84 Nissan 200SX Turbo
'85 Nissan 200SX Turbo
Hella flush and all associates should be gunned down for brainwashing people into thinking a 225 and lots of camber is proper wheel fitment. THAT IS EASY, anyone can camber a skinny as tire till it dosnt rub. Now fitting an 11 with a 315 on stock fender with reasonable camber, that is fitment. And looks, and performs better than both.
i dont own a s12 at the moment but trying to acquire one to get rid of my s13 hatch

Offline deadpirate

• http://
« Reply #44 on: 05:23:08 PM / 28-May-10 »
Quote from: Arro

And I was gone for most of that.

Offline demonic s12

• BANNED Users
  • S12 Guru
« Reply #45 on: 06:54:55 PM / 28-May-10 »
I'm hurt...
*BANNED*

Offline sam31183

• Dark Lord of The Drift
  • Moderators
  • S12 Guru
« Reply #46 on: 08:31:53 PM / 28-May-10 »
.....wow....just....wow.....

you guys have got some issues here....and i am far to late to post anything relevant to this thread that hasnt already really been stated besides...well, maybe this. (taken out of context of course.)

No linked S12 content will be allowed in signatures. Welcome to the republic nation of club s12via.  

There was some talk about there being to much information or linked content in draconis sig....well, it was clearly organized and labeled as S12s in media print. If Arro had a problem with such content he shouldnt have suggested to colin that he he remove it like he did...he should have told him so as an admin....and then made up a rule based on said content....what arro did was really just randomly make up the linked content rule on the fly because of some vague signature law...and modified colins signature without warning. Does he have that right as an admin? Yes, he does. Does it look good on him? No. The way this thread has gone has also clearly singled colin out and arro's actions and it doesnt look good on him at all as an admin....it is his site...so he basically can do whatever the fuck he wants as an admin....but your going to break a couple eggs to make your omelette if you dont go about things in a certain manner...

to sum things up...i dont really agree with what decision was made, or in the way it was made. You clearly have every right to make the decision you have made as you are the admin...also, this is the only north american s12 site...so we all have step in line if we own an s12 and live in canada, usa, or god forbid mexico....but, some consideration should be made to the members of the forum.....but then again, it is your site so you can do whatever you want...

Thats my 2 cents...and this will most likely be my only post in this thread before it gets locked.

(if you re read your posts before you post you wont have to edit it for spelling errors...)

Dave Coleman for President of Earth!!!!
Build Thread Hatch CA18DET Eventually a Track Whore
Build Thread Notch KA24DE Daily Driver

Quote from: Kustamogen
  haha me modding would be a disaster.....Id get all power hungry and  demand n00dz from everyone. Then make all the canadian s12er's come here  and massage my feet and make me jello pudding.

Actually....mod powers plz?!?!?!  0:)

Tedious?  This coming from a person who uses the word twice in a sentence?  I laughed repeatedly...

Offline Xano

• Viva la Tropico!
  • Administrator
  • S12 Guru
  • Vehicle: 2014 Dodge Charger
    • This Isn't Over, LLC
« Reply #47 on: 11:38:24 PM / 28-May-10 »
At the top of the forum guidelines post that is in nearly every major section, you'll see a line that says Posting here is not a right, its a privilege.  To that effect, we still try to be as fair as possible with what is done, but to an extent.  If someone else is intentionally stepping to the line of the rules but not past, just so he can whine and say "ohh but i didnt break a rule cmon!" (which in my opinion is EXACTLY what was done), it is OUR judgement call to do what is necessary, and personally, I think it was done properly.  

On a no offence meant note here, I think you should clear your mind of personal attachments to people you may live close to and see from time to time rather than being biased, and that is to ANYONE, not just the people who thus far have made me come to the conclusion that there are largely biased people here.  Let me put it this way, if Jay, or Matt (Wisconsin Matt) or anyone else ive met in person stepped out of line, I'd treat them the same as anyone else on here, even if it may upset them.  I know Arro does and will do the same.

Also, The rules clearly state that signatures that violate the rules will be removed without warning, and you may be issued an account warning.  Doesn't matter if you were an admin before, pushing the rules is breaking the rules.  This site IS boring lately, I'll admit that, but that is why we will be making some positive changes to it soon.  Both me AND arro have been extremely busy with real life stuffs such as school, job, and so on, so dont assume we are bored.  We'd preffer people to just chill out and use common sense, so we can breathe and not worry about whats going on as much.

Also, on the "north american" topic, this is the International site.  Always was, always will be.  But that was hashed out in a previous thread already, so that topic is null and will not be discussed further here.
« Last Edit: 11:40:23 PM / 28-May-10 by Xano »
~xano

Offline Arro

• Administrator
  • S12 Guru
« Reply #48 on: 12:24:52 AM / 29-May-10 »
And for the record (or the pricks who don't read OR twist shit), nobody -- not even me -- is saying you can't have a link to S12 content.

You just can't have multiple links back to the same site.

Or can't you read, Sam?

Some of you are pitiful.
-Jason Arro

formerly,
'84 Nissan 200SX Turbo
'85 Nissan 200SX Turbo

Offline sam31183

• Dark Lord of The Drift
  • Moderators
  • S12 Guru
« Reply #49 on: 12:31:35 AM / 29-May-10 »
I said i was probably not going to post on this thread again...but a rum and coke later and i am a little buzzed so i am going to say a word or two.....keep in mind, i am not super buzzed..

I acknowledge you guys have final say over everything that goes on here...and for some things you have to make a judgement call...but, i dont agree with the judgement as the rule is vague....but, all i can do is say my piece and move on.

My relationship with colin has little to do with wether or not i agree with the decision that was made...i went maybe 2 or 3 years without talking to him...i wouldnt say we are close by any means. We know each other, we have done business with each other, and we are located some what near each other. If it wherent for the s12...i am pretty sure we would have never met, and i am pretty sure we would have never spoken...he is a good guy, but i doubt we would get along for too long in the outside world...or maybe we would...idk.

Someone posted the rules earlier, and it was vague about what the rules where regarding signatures like colin's....it was a judgement call to say it didnt fit what you guys wanted. You are clearly within your rights to do whatever you want with it....but imho, he had good s12 related material posted up in a quick, easy to see, organized manner...he didnt even have a pic in his sig. Like I said, you guys are within every right you have as admins/owners of the forum for just going and editing his signature without warning....but it is kind of a dick move to do it without warning....

Yah, the whole international vs north american thing has been argued before....it just feels like with an auss12, uks12, s12france, s12 eastern europe, and s12sweden that this is the north american representation as this forum is mostly populated by north americans...maybe if you guys want to be truly international then an north american s12 site should be formed...sounds redundant though right?

Dave Coleman for President of Earth!!!!
Build Thread Hatch CA18DET Eventually a Track Whore
Build Thread Notch KA24DE Daily Driver

Quote from: Kustamogen
  haha me modding would be a disaster.....Id get all power hungry and  demand n00dz from everyone. Then make all the canadian s12er's come here  and massage my feet and make me jello pudding.

Actually....mod powers plz?!?!?!  0:)

Tedious?  This coming from a person who uses the word twice in a sentence?  I laughed repeatedly...

Offline Arro

• Administrator
  • S12 Guru
« Reply #50 on: 01:23:08 AM / 29-May-10 »
Edit: this was actually worthy of its own discussion...

http://club-s12.org/v3/index.php?topic=30290
« Last Edit: 01:35:41 AM / 29-May-10 by Arro »
-Jason Arro

formerly,
'84 Nissan 200SX Turbo
'85 Nissan 200SX Turbo