S12_rb20det_4wd

Started by Vovka, 03:04:25 PM / 03-Jun-10

Previous topic - Next topic

EightySix200SX

This is awesome! Much luck to you this is gonna be a pretty epic car. Ill be following this thread for updates. Cheers.....
ÃÆ'ââ,¬Å¡Ãƒâ€šÃ,«LOW.XII.POSITIONÃÆ'ââ,¬Å¡Ãƒâ€šÃ,».nostalgic car culture & club ÃÆ'ââ,¬Å¡Ãƒâ€šÃ,¦est.2004
ÃÆ'ââ,¬Å¡Ãƒâ€šÃ,¡lowfunsexytime! Global New & Used Parts Sales/Distribution

CLUB-S12 FEEDBACK RATING +72! CLICK HERE
ANYTHING  LOOKIKG FOR :  PARTS IN STOCK CLICK HERE
NEED S12 PARTS NOT LISTED IN MY THREAD? EMAIL lowXIIposition@yahoo.com OR Facebook US: www.facebook.com/need12parts/
I <3 DEMI LOVATO= ID SMASH! SELENA GOMEZ/MILEY CYRUS= R TRASH!

Quote from: fyneyoungstunna on 07:29:16 PM / 09-Jul-11
Damn let a Nig have a moment of glory b4 you start fucking with him.

tommy

Very cool looking with the beast in it!!!

Man I really want a pit in my garage!!! so much easier to work on the suspension, you can adjust it with the normal geometry with full weight on it... makes life a lot easier!
Corolla TE31 1977 (traded)
Corolla KE20 1974 (Project)

David B

Quote from: tommy
Very cool looking with the beast in it!!!

Man I really want a pit in my garage!!! so much easier to work on the suspension, you can adjust it with the normal geometry with full weight on it... makes life a lot easier!

just jack the car up and set it on wheels..

caged ca20e/ka24e/sr20det/ka24de/1jzgte SRA hatch. super sick

Quote from: Arro
Goddamn David you seriously are hard core man.
Quote from: tjs91tsi
Ohh, and unless you havn't figured it out yet, Stop driving with coolant leaks and Stop dropping nails in your fucking trannys!!!

TurboNotch

Quote from: David B
just jack the car up and set it on wheels..
ya, but thats still not as kool as a pit.

kyskater

is it just my redneck internet or are there no pics lol

hahah NIPPLES, sam. Nipples!

Navy_Mech2

its your redneck internet lol

Great work on the swap! this will be way cooler than that AWD B13!
Quote from: EternalSwap
when I came into this thread i expected to see s12 breeding
Quote from: shoutbox[18:00] acadianasportscars: they put like a pound and a half of various sliced meat
[18:13] Navy_Mech2: im a fan of meat
[18:32] acadianasportscars: thats what she said
[18:39] Colonel Gustard: LOL
[19:11] Navy_Mech2: knew that was coming

Not a nissan...but follow my big turbo mazda build here: http://www.mazdaspeedforums.org/forum/f498/navys-bt-build-114631/#post1543095

celestialsilvia

sweet! whats with the welded VIN plate, or should I not ask?

1987 Nissan Silvia 300SX - Vintage 1989 MOMO 'Sistema' Wheel, Nismo Shift Knob & Shortened Throw Shifter, NTK O2 & NGK plugs & wires, Spectre Cold Air Intake w/AEM filter, Cat-delete/Straight-pipe & 3-inch APEX'i Exhaust, Yellow Bosch Foglamps, Pioneer Speakers, AC, AIV, CC, WW delete, Addco Front & Rear Swaybars & Bushings, Suspension Techniques Springs, S14 Silvia Badge, JDM clear corner & M30 clear bumper lights, Prothane Polyurethane Rear Subframe Mounts
1991 Infiniti M30 Convertible - 'Burgundy Berry Pearl' and Black Convertible Top w/ 'White Contact' Leather Interior, Sonar Suspension II, Green Hi-Flow Drop-In Air-Filter, Wood Dash Kit & Steering Wheel

kyskater

on the rwd rb20 swap were u using a stock r32 crossmember and mounts? also how was firewall clearance

Nitro

As for the VIN plate - yes, you shouldn't ask  It is something about registration procedures and other stuff - it's very complicated here.
The stock R32 crossmember fitted there with some modifications:

You need to bend or cut the part of the tension rod brackets to fit:

And need to redrill one of the holes, that is closer to the front end of the car for 4 cm. The brackets is from R32

Stock VS R32:

Need to widen the hole in the crossmember mount, this one:

Also the R32 mounting brackets have long bolts, so you will have to use some washers:

The steering rack mounts is stock from FJ engine, but as far as I see it's the came as from CA

Draconis

Well, some thoughts that may help since you're already setting up your subframe and wanting to do the AWD/4x4 system as mentioned earlier.

The RBs are front sump as are the S12s.  The cross-member sits behind the sump.  Also, the stock RB's oil pan is a single piece, as you showed a pic of, with the front axle setup as part of it.  That means, the front axles are too far forward for your stock strut towers.

The Z31s that had the RB20 (the 200ZR) had an oil pan made up for them to accommodate the fact that they are rear sump (Z31s).  But that was also still designed for a RWD.

kyskater

,,, wtf any clue why i cant see pics?

Vovka

David B

my god. thats so crazy

are you gonan delete the passenger side seat? sounda like your gonna have to cut that out and build around it

nvm you could probally still run it, i didnt realize it wasnt that bad

caged ca20e/ka24e/sr20det/ka24de/1jzgte SRA hatch. super sick

Goddamn David you seriously are hard core man.
Quote from: tjs91tsi
Ohh, and unless you havn't figured it out yet, Stop driving with coolant leaks and Stop dropping nails in your fucking trannys!!!

gadget1382

VERY IMPRESSED!

It's a big task, and an AWD S12 was something i would have loved to have built.

I can see the floor is going to need a little massage, but the fact that you have been able to dummy up the whole thing with mainly off the shelf items is GREAT!

Well done and *subscribe to thread*
Ban Low Performance drivers... Not High Performance Cars
Gazelle coupe

BattleFairy

you dont have any problems with the swaybar?

just so set it straight

my budy use for his rwd rb20 custom mounts beside that everything was mixed together with oem parts. but he told me that he mod his oilpan cause the s12 swaybar had contact with the the oilpan

for the vin tag

sounds sooooooooooo clischee  
soo in which country the s12 is stolen  

just joking  
Abandon all Hope
Project: Battle Fairy
QuoteNow, I won't be a dick like Battlefairy was.......

Draconis

Wow, that is very well done man.  Bet that wasnt a simple task at all.

Maxpow

Damn those are some tight spaces. Nice work man! This is awesome.
1987 Nissan 200sx SE ("The Squirrely Drifter") - Totaled and Gone forever
1987 Nissan 200sx SE ("The Weebly Wobbler") - Impounded and Gone forever
2007 Kia Spectra - Fantastic Daily Driver - Custom CAI, NGK wires/plugs.
2002 Hyundai Accent - Totaled and Gone Forever.

MAXPOW'S PARTS SALES: http://club-s12.org/v3/index.php?topic=31350.new#new
SEND ME A PMhttp://club-s12.org/v3/index.php?action=pm;sa=send;u=2092 /EMAIL Maxpow99@hotmail.com

Certified Member of SoCal Parts Alliance.

Quote from: Jay on 10:01:05 PM / 14-Nov-11
And, I'm going to say this publicly. Maxpow knows how to keep me at bay, while still laughing with him. Take lessons y'all

kyskater

god i wish the freeking pics would work for me do you have a photobucket account that you host them so i can take a look

Vovka

UP
Ãâ,¬ÃƒÂ¯ÃƒÂ­ÃƒÂ³ ïîæàëóé
÷èñòîâîé-÷åðíîé âàðèàíò,
Êîëåñà ïî÷òè â 0

íàêëîí êóçîâà âðîäå â íîðìå

ïðîäîëæàåì ))

Nitro

This is still a test fitment. The wheels have normal camber now, but still needs ajusting. This welding is for testing purposes only.