Carbon Fibre Bonnets

Started by irish s12, 05:46:13 PM / 07-Jun-10

Previous topic - Next topic

irish s12

I can get a limited run of carbon fibre bonnets made up if anyone is interested.They would be top quality but would have to be posted from Ireland.
700euro plus postage,let me know if you are interested as we only need 5 orders to go into production

SC S12

i would but i am broke...
+ shipping would be pricy, real pricy

vegasS12

on shipping of hoods from there to here im shure the hood would get damaged

irish s12

Quote from: vegasS12
We've ordered them from Japan for other cars and not really had a problem,I'd have to look into the price of postage though.

Draconis

Quote from: vegasS12

There are tons of bonnets that are shipped and they are generally packed really well.  Companies that are worth the time and effort and have a good reputation ship well and package well.  I would not be worried about this.  If so, then just contact and document.

I do have one question about the bonnets.  What style would they be in by chance?

irish s12

We can get them done in any style that we can supply an original good condition bonnet for the mould.I was innitially looking at a standard mark 2 bonnet,but we could add vents or whatever we want really.I'm also looking at getting light covers made as well so it all matches in.

SC S12

Quote from: irish s12
We can get them done in any style that we can supply an original good condition bonnet for the mould.I was innitially looking at a standard mark 2 bonnet,but we could add vents or whatever we want really.I'm also looking at getting light covers made as well so it all matches in.
if only it were MK1 FJ not MK11...and so it matches? why does no one paint CF? the sun will make it peel in 6 months here lol

celestialsilvia

I'd go in for the headlight covers - but no way ill ever afford that hood

1987 Nissan Silvia 300SX - Vintage 1989 MOMO 'Sistema' Wheel, Nismo Shift Knob & Shortened Throw Shifter, NTK O2 & NGK plugs & wires, Spectre Cold Air Intake w/AEM filter, Cat-delete/Straight-pipe & 3-inch APEX'i Exhaust, Yellow Bosch Foglamps, Pioneer Speakers, AC, AIV, CC, WW delete, Addco Front & Rear Swaybars & Bushings, Suspension Techniques Springs, S14 Silvia Badge, JDM clear corner & M30 clear bumper lights, Prothane Polyurethane Rear Subframe Mounts
1991 Infiniti M30 Convertible - 'Burgundy Berry Pearl' and Black Convertible Top w/ 'White Contact' Leather Interior, Sonar Suspension II, Green Hi-Flow Drop-In Air-Filter, Wood Dash Kit & Steering Wheel

gadget1382

I would consider it, but it would be cheaper to get a CF skin onto a FG version.

I am considering contacting one of the Universities here to get them to do it, that way there's no international freight and i can do my own quality assurance. Also i could get a couple done at the same time.
Ban Low Performance drivers... Not High Performance Cars
Gazelle coupe

irish s12

Quote from: gadget1382
I would consider it, but it would be cheaper to get a CF skin onto a FG version.

I am considering contacting one of the Universities here to get them to do it, that way there's no international freight and i can do my own quality assurance. Also i could get a couple done at the same time.
To be fair,I'm going to get a company that makes parts for rally cars to make them,and their work will be better than any universities cos they make race car parts for a living.
A cf skin is pointless cos it will actually add weight to the car,and the whole point is to save weight.
I'm considering carbon bootlids if anyone is interested as well.

VG33ERGazelle?

Quote from: irish s12
I'm considering carbon bootlids if anyone is interested as well.

carbon hatches? <.< lol
Colin L. - First recorded case of a running, drivable VG33ER swapped S12
In Print, 2/6/2011 - Nico Club
Projects:
-'87 SE-V6, VG33ER Swapped
-Daily Driven S14K
-Graduate college at some point

What I lack in decorum, I make up for in absence of tact.
Quote from: sam31183 on 01:07:07 PM / 01-Sep-11
i has sweet coilovers and hoshinos, also my hood isnt pregnant with a supercharger baby.

fyneyoungstunna

what ever happened to this?
id buy the full combo, boot and bonnet(love saying that)
If I agreed with you we'd both be wrong.