Qr25de

Started by fyneyoungstunna, 10:06:16 PM / 27-Aug-10

Previous topic - Next topic

fyneyoungstunna

so i am still entertaining this swap as well. seeing as the qr is lighter that all the other 4cly engines that our common swaps (ka,sr,ca)

so it seems that the qr is once again a viable option!

you say its fwd. well the frontier is rwd and some of the bits like the intake can be swapped over. The rwd version has less hp but more Tq, but im assuming as with the spec-v version just adding intake exhaust and agressive cams will net a good 75hp gain. the qr handels boost just fine if tuned right. there is a girl here who moved from new jersey, she might actually have the second fastest qr in the states, and shes still getting 28 mpg with spirited driving. '02 SE-R Spec V: Built, Standalone, and Boosted @ 25ps thats her basic info, cant post more yet till i get the goahead.

anyways on to the exciting news:
the z32 trans bolts up to the qr25de, which means the ka trans will/should bolt up as well!!!!

major concern is drive by wire, but we can get around that  
If I agreed with you we'd both be wrong.

fyneyoungstunna

haha no takers huh?

Maxpow

Seriously fuck drive by wire.
1987 Nissan 200sx SE ("The Squirrely Drifter") - Totaled and Gone forever
1987 Nissan 200sx SE ("The Weebly Wobbler") - Impounded and Gone forever
2007 Kia Spectra - Fantastic Daily Driver - Custom CAI, NGK wires/plugs.
2002 Hyundai Accent - Totaled and Gone Forever.

MAXPOW'S PARTS SALES: http://club-s12.org/v3/index.php?topic=31350.new#new
SEND ME A PMhttp://club-s12.org/v3/index.php?action=pm;sa=send;u=2092 /EMAIL Maxpow99@hotmail.com

Certified Member of SoCal Parts Alliance.

Quote from: Jay on 10:01:05 PM / 14-Nov-11
And, I'm going to say this publicly. Maxpow knows how to keep me at bay, while still laughing with him. Take lessons y'all

fyneyoungstunna

yeah i hear its pretty horrible. but there is a way around it. Iirc the frontier doesnt use that system. im waiting for conformation on a lot of info though.

transmission stats that someone posted for me:

3rd gen 200sx's
Z20s transmission 1981 ONLY
1st: 3.321, 2nd: 2.077, 3rd: 1.308, 4th: 1, 5th: 0.864
Z22s transmission 1981-83 Transmission number FS5W71B
1st: 3.592, 2nd: 2.246, 3rd: 1.415, 4th: 1, 5th: 0.813

Nissan Frontier 1997 Transmission number FS5W71C
1st: 3.321, 2nd: 1.902, 3rd: 1.308, 4th: 1, 5th: 0.838

Sorry i dont have the Engine ID for the first one... these are all just scribble notes i have in my note book 240 file cabnet thing. Just for all those times when i need to remember what kind of spark plugs to look up for an SR... things like that.

So i think any of those ID codes should fit actually.

Maxpow

So a C trans from an S12 would fit then. Possibly bellhousing swap but that's easy.

SEND ME A PMhttp://club-s12.org/v3/index.php?action=pm;sa=send;u=2092 /EMAIL Maxpow99@hotmail.com

And, I'm going to say this publicly. Maxpow knows how to keep me at bay, while still laughing with him. Take lessons y'all

zilvia_brothers

Quote from: Maxpow
Seriously fuck drive by wire.

my civic has drive by wire and it took me some time to get used to
"keep'n it simple with being old skool!!!"

01-present; 87 200sx sev6
R.I.P. 2003-2006; 1993 Acura Integra gs-r
RIP 09-2014; 2007 civic si sedan
2014-present; 2013 mazda5 6spd

fyneyoungstunna

interesting if your right maxpower this could end up being better than a KA. Im looking into how to make the first gen's as reliable as the second gen's. As i have a feeling the second gen's could be a bit pricey. Some of the stuff swaps over and there are some good aftermarket pistons for the qr. ill have a lot of links to performance goods and a good ecu/standalone tuner as ther are no mainstream maps for the qr yet.

seishuku

MegaSquirt?

I like the block design of the QR, but things like balance shafts and half count weight cranks leave a bad taste in my mouth.
Matt W.
Daily: 2015 Ecoboost Mustang
Previous Daily: 2011 Camaro V6 (tree fell on it)
Previous previous: 2013 VW Jetta TDI super polluter (got bought back)

Maxpow

Yeah come up with a ecu and maf combo that will work for it, tune the shit out of it... probably need custom intake because it will almost certainly be trying to suck air from a weird part when you turn it sideways...

seems like a lot of work bro for something 100cc's bigger than a ka24...

There's a ka24 DE in the yard right next to my house.

fyneyoungstunna

lighter, more power(200hp out the box), smaller, better gas mileage

is the ka for sale? and is it single or dual cam?

Maxpow

In the junkyard i should have said. Its for sale for sure, on half off day its like 150 I believe for the full motor. Just needs a valve cover and probably a tear down to check it.

fyneyoungstunna

Do you know if it's a dual or single cam? How much would you charge me total to rebuild and install?

EightySix200SX

Quote from: Maxpow
There's a ka24 DE in the yard right next to my house.

stunna DE.
ÃÆ'ââ,¬Å¡Ãƒâ€šÃ,«LOW.XII.POSITIONÃÆ'ââ,¬Å¡Ãƒâ€šÃ,».nostalgic car culture & club ÃÆ'ââ,¬Å¡Ãƒâ€šÃ,¦est.2004
ÃÆ'ââ,¬Å¡Ãƒâ€šÃ,¡lowfunsexytime! Global New & Used Parts Sales/Distribution

CLUB-S12 FEEDBACK RATING +72! CLICK HERE
ANYTHING  LOOKIKG FOR :  PARTS IN STOCK CLICK HERE
NEED S12 PARTS NOT LISTED IN MY THREAD? EMAIL lowXIIposition@yahoo.com OR Facebook US: www.facebook.com/need12parts/
I <3 DEMI LOVATO= ID SMASH! SELENA GOMEZ/MILEY CYRUS= R TRASH!

Quote from: fyneyoungstunna on 07:29:16 PM / 09-Jul-11
Damn let a Nig have a moment of glory b4 you start fucking with him.

sideways_s12

wtf is drive by wire???

Maxpow

Quote from: fyneyoungstunna
Do you know if it's a dual or single cam? How much would you charge me total to rebuild and install?

Dual Cam. If you pay for parts I'll do the rebuild for 100bux. You want it swapped in... pay for the parts and I'll do it for another 100bux. If I run into bullshit it might be extra, but that doesn't happen too too often.

I mean for wiring and fabbing stuff its gonna take me some time but we should be able to do it for fairly cheap. maybe 350 + Parts out the door.

Quote from: sideways_s12
wtf is drive by wire???

Throttle is actuated by an electric motor which runs via signals put out by the position of the pedal.

Its garbage. I like when things are linked to me in some way or another.

Redneck

Yeah I really despise drive by wire but unfortunately it is now pretty common in a lot of the newer cars.
Quote from: ka-tgazelle on 11:24:56 PM / 01-Jun-11 FIrst my rims are horrible, than there ok when painted black , now my cars horrible, now my fenders are to much after i was told i couldnt do it.... Lol club s12 ftw.....  Only here have Ive been told they look like shit..... SOrry its not bone stock with crown vic rims running the stock vg making 130whp and looks generic like every other one. My car looks dope ive been told this a billion times on local forums....

fyneyoungstunna

Hahaha I totally saw that before I posted that too, my bad. I'll take you u on that offer for the swap maxpower. Let me get some cash together.

Goumba

I don't like the qr25. It's too weak. I don't think it's worth it to build it up to handle more power. Dollar for dollar the ca18 or sr20 is a better route. Especially if your only looking to make <300hp. I'm on my second qr25 in 126k. The current engine is on its second head gasket. The drive by wire in my spec-v isn't that bad. There's this new product out to eliminate the delay in the drive by wire system. It's called the sprint booster. It plugs in to the accelerator pedals wire harness. I don't know how good it is.

David B

z32 trans and ka trans arent the same bolt patterns

caged ca20e/ka24e/sr20det/ka24de/1jzgte SRA hatch. super sick

Quote from: Arro
Goddamn David you seriously are hard core man.
Quote from: tjs91tsi
Ohh, and unless you havn't figured it out yet, Stop driving with coolant leaks and Stop dropping nails in your fucking trannys!!!

fyneyoungstunna

The ka trans is a replacement for our z32 trans, according to 300zxclub.com. and a few other websites its a bolt up affair

the qr is more potent stock that the sr is, and lighter with more tq.
i hear of issues but every engine has its issues. the person i was talking about whips up on built sr's all day shes pushing 24psi boost.
there realy is not talking me out of liking this engine. im set on it.