Club-S12 International S12OC United Kingdom ClubS12 France S12Silvia Australia S12.org.ua Eastern Europe S12 of Sweden S12 Japan BBS
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Hello I am James  (Read 2457 times)

Offline JRaub

• n00b
Hello I am James
« on: 01:54:32 AM / 14-Nov-10 »
Hi, as you probably already noticed my name is James. I recently acquired a 1984 Datsun (Nissan) 200SX. Other than the garage manual that came with the car. I dont really know anything about them. I will post some pics of the car as soon as I get some decent ones.

The cars CLEAN for being 26 almost 27 years old. There are a few scratches and dings in the car but its to be expected with a chasis with over 146k miles on the clock. However the analog ticker seems to not tick anymore I noticed that its kinda stuck. at like 146269.7 or something like that.

The car has the ca18et (not like you dont already know) turbo 5 speed. The interior is a little beat to crap. Which is about the worst part of the car. The previous owner said the motor was just rebuilt a short while ago. He wasnt sure on the turbo. The boost gauge on the digi dash isnt hooked up. Looks like ill me making a trip to summit racing soon to pick up a decent boost gauge.

I think my main reason for joining here is to learn and try to share on what I am doing with the car. I was looking up videos on youtube and came across a video for a guy who has a RB26DETT under the hood of his S12. I do want to do a motor swap. But seeing as the car will be a daily driver. I was thinking that a RB20DET would be more than enough for what I need. Which is another reason for why I am here.

I need to learn AS MUCH as I can before I even think about it. Learn what I need to do to possibly do it.

Right now the main things I need to do is rework the suspension. Im pretty sure its stock. I was wondering if there are other performance solutions other than MEGAN racing coil over kits like kyb agx's for it. What swaps in and out. Like if I can use blah part number for a s13 or what ever.

I appologize for being such a noob. I just wanted to say hi. Tell you a little bit about me. A little about my car, as well as a bit of a future for the car. However I neglected to say ANYTHING about me other than my name.

I am 24years old. I am decent at fabrication and car upgrades and modifications. I have been doing such for the last 3-4 years with some of my friends in the area with all their hondas. I like to be the oddball out of the group. I was running around for a while in a 2000 hyundai tiburon 5speed. Mostly stock some mild upgrades but nothing major.

I grew up around carb'd v8s in chevy's. My dad forced me into being a car guy. My first car was a 91 Pontiac Firebird 3.1l v6 auto. I had to put about 70hrs of work into it learning how to do some of the 2 dozen things it needed done. I wasn't allowed to take it to a shop with an exception for the major motor work which was the machine shop. Anyways from then on out. There wasnt much turning back. I was addicted. I guess its better than drugs and such. But hey everyone has their addictions. Mine are cars, caffeine, and video games.

I hope to learn a lot from this community. Ill try to mind my own for a while and try to search for the stuff. Forgive me if the posts a little long. I have a habit of doing stuff like this. Tomorrow ill be sure to update the thread with some car pictures. For now I guess you will just have to live with the pictures of the 86 mustang I traded for the 200sx.  :angel:

It had a 351 Windsor v8 in it. It DRANK gas.  :reallysad:

Anyways please dont be too harsh on me. Ill try my best not to be soo noobish here.  :yay!:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iYZHrhd90A0&playnext=1&list=FLNx8dTVVctP0

Oh here is the video of the rb26dett in the s12 :s sorry for not posting it above. 3:00 am mistake O__O
« Last Edit: 02:06:08 AM / 14-Nov-10 by JRaub »

Facebook Share    

1984 Datsun 200sx

Offline Prolowtone

• Mr. Clean
  • CONTRIBUTING MEMBER
  • S12 Guru
  • Vehicle: 1985 Nissan 200SX
Re: Hello I am James
« Reply #1 on: 02:23:21 AM / 14-Nov-10 »
 Hey! Welcome to the club. This is one of the better forums (in my own opinion). There are many knowledgeable members on here that are usually willing to help answer your questions.

Just make sure to look through the posts or look for something in the search. Just to avoid posting the same topics and answers over and over again hahahaha.
I keep my car cleaner then my room
Fuck you then, I'll take my movies, box of chocolates, bottle of wine and chloroform somewhere else.
Adding an SSD to that is kinda like strapping a 3 inch stainless HKS exhaust on a geo metro.

Offline 2toneSilvia

« Reply #2 on: 09:51:57 AM / 14-Nov-10 »
Welcome! Shame the mustang had to go, but the S12 can be a sweet car!

Offline JRaub

• n00b
« Reply #3 on: 01:42:01 PM / 14-Nov-10 »

Its kinda wet out I dont wanna crawl around and do all the under body pics atm.

I know the car was fitted with dsm intercooler, and an aftermarket (probably ebay special) bov Like I said before the cars clean I need to clean up the interior before I take some pics of in there. Thats where the main dmg is. U_U

Anyways I figure someone out there prolly has seen them this clean before. But most other nissans up here in ohio I see. Past 1990 are all shot. There isnt a good panel on the vehicle.

Anyways I hope you like the pics  :yes: I know I like the car.
1984 Datsun 200sx

Offline cory matthews

« Reply #4 on: 04:20:46 PM / 14-Nov-10 »
Wow I wish my exterior looked like that! Very nice, welcome.

Offline StephenG

« Reply #5 on: 01:27:59 AM / 15-Nov-10 »
Daaaayuuum! Welcome to the group, you got a sexy ride there. There is a ton of information in the tech sections and a lot of info in some of the many build threads.

"[Today at 11:14:45 PM] SchizophrenicMC: YES THIS IS 4x4 IT CAN GO EVERYWHERE
[Today at 11:14:48 PM] SchizophrenicMC: Bitch no it can't
[Today at 11:15:38 PM] SchizophrenicMC: IT'S A ROAD-STAY-ON-ER"
"[Today at 06:54:06 PM] cutter67: i would say motherfucker opinionated yes"

Offline Roof

• Vehicle: 1986 Nissan S12
    • hazard lines
« Reply #6 on: 01:43:08 AM / 15-Nov-10 »
niceeee, your exterior looks soooo good dude.  Good find.  Yeah the interiors on these cars usually seem to be pretty torn up.  I know mine was and still is a little bit.  I got S13 front and back seats in mine, steering wheel, rear-view mirror, also s13 front coil over conversion which is actually very easy.  It say's about it in the suspension sections sticky pages.  If I were you I'd definitely not go for RB20 swap since it doesn't bolt in and is way heavy. The other options, CA18DET, SR20DET, and KA24DE all bolt into the factory mounts and are a lot lighter motors that won't throw off the weight balance of the car while still making just as much power.

Offline JRaub

• n00b
« Reply #7 on: 06:00:45 AM / 15-Nov-10 »
Yeah, I was reading up most of the suspension kits I can get I need to do a s13 conversion so I was reading up on that. Now the fun part will be scavenging the parts I need to do the swaps. Which shouldnt be too hard to do. I can probably find the s13 suspension parts new on the interwebs somewhere.

The RB20DET swap is just an idea im playing with at the moment. I have plenty of other projects in the works still. I have yet to move still. So most of the stuff will be back seated till next summer anyhow. Seeing as its ohio and almost time for snow. Which oddly enough. We havent got a whole lot yet. Kinda scary.

The KA and SR swaps are a little more expensive to do. I think the price for a motor harness computer turbo and transmission for the rb20 was like 1k usd the ka Im pretty sure was close to 2k usd. Ill have to find the sites I was on the other day. The ones Im finding now are rather poorly put together and look like sites I probably shouldnt send any money to in the first place.

« Last Edit: 06:01:18 AM / 15-Nov-10 by JRaub »
1984 Datsun 200sx

Offline StephenG

« Reply #8 on: 08:40:01 AM / 15-Nov-10 »
I just quoted a remaned KA and harness delivered for less than 1400. You can likely find one on craigslist with a tranny for 200-400 no problem.

"[Today at 11:14:45 PM] SchizophrenicMC: YES THIS IS 4x4 IT CAN GO EVERYWHERE
[Today at 11:14:48 PM] SchizophrenicMC: Bitch no it can't
[Today at 11:15:38 PM] SchizophrenicMC: IT'S A ROAD-STAY-ON-ER"
"[Today at 06:54:06 PM] cutter67: i would say motherfucker opinionated yes"

Offline JRaub

• n00b
« Reply #9 on: 02:59:06 PM / 16-Nov-10 »
Well as it sits most of this wont become a reality for another 4-5 months. Im pretty sure I will be going with the SR20DET swap seeing as it is the same horse power as the RB20 and has 2 less cylinders. Anyways I have a lot to learn over the next few months. A lot of parts to buy so that I can update the car. The car seems to smoke a lil bit I may be purchasing a turbo from ebay to replace the current one. I have to check to see if theres oil in the pipes. It my just be a valve seal leaking or something.

http://www.sunrisejdmmotors.com/man_engines.php?id=5 <--- that's the link to the main nissan motor page.

Heres the link to a 91-93 SR20DET (red top) http://www.sunrisejdmmotors.com/engine_details.php?id=35&page=1
It comes with.

Complete Engine - 5-Speed Transmission - ECU - Harness - Turbo - Cam Angel Sensor - Alternator - Starter - A/C Compressor - Power Steering Pump - Intake Manifold - Exhaust Manifold - Throttle Body - Clutch - Fly Wheel - Pressure Plate

So for 1600 + s\h I figure itll be around 4-500 to have it shipped. I think thats a pretty good deal I think. Anyways.

The rest of the stuff I need is pretty minor imho

I need 2 door panels from an 84 to w\e that will fit it correctly.
Rear bumper cause mines a lil messed up

If anyone has any of these parts please pm me if you are willing to sell them.  :yes:

1984 Datsun 200sx

Offline EightySix200SX

• low.fun.sexytime!
  • S12 Guru
  • Vehicle: 1986 Nissan 200SX
  • NEED ANYTHING S12 RELATED PM or Email today!
    • «LOW.XII.POSITION» INTL PARTS SALES/DISTRIBUTION
« Reply #10 on: 03:13:04 PM / 16-Nov-10 »
welcome! ooooh! and shes a copper car.... keith is gonna be happy! got rid of the fox :(
«LOW.XII.POSITION».nostalgic car culture & club ¦est.2004
¡lowfunsexytime! Global New & Used Parts Sales/Distribution

CLUB-S12 FEEDBACK RATING +72! CLICK HERE
ANYTHING  LOOKIKG FOR :  PARTS IN STOCK CLICK HERE
NEED S12 PARTS NOT LISTED IN MY THREAD? EMAIL lowXIIposition@yahoo.com OR Facebook US: www.facebook.com/need12parts/
I <3 DEMI LOVATO= ID SMASH! SELENA GOMEZ/MILEY CYRUS= R TRASH!

Damn let a Nig have a moment of glory b4 you start fucking with him.

Offline JRaub

• n00b
« Reply #11 on: 04:03:49 PM / 16-Nov-10 »
Any thing special about the copper color cars?
1984 Datsun 200sx

Offline 2toneSilvia

« Reply #12 on: 04:09:23 PM / 16-Nov-10 »
Yeah, I love that color (They are a 1 year only color). I will be painting my SE "Autumn Orange" which is close to that. The motor set price isn't too bad. I think I've heard of this shop before....They're not Total JDM are they? out of Canada? my brother got took for over $2K on his first SR20 from them. They've changed their name a couple times. I got mine from JDM ENGINE DEPOT (New Jersey) and this is a pretty good deal as you get the T28/25 and alittle bit better internals: http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/94-98-NISSAN-240SX-SILVIA-S14-ENGINE-SWAP-JDM-SR20DET-_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQhashZitem35adc11c65QQitemZ230548380773QQptZMotorsQ5fCarQ5fTruckQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories

Never heard of this place but price & shipping are decent: http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/JDM-SR20det-S13-Black-Top-Engine-240SX-180SX-Turbo-SWAP-_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQhashZitem4aa623e8b4QQitemZ320614951092QQptZMotorsQ5fCarQ5fTruckQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories
« Last Edit: 04:11:51 PM / 16-Nov-10 by 2toneSilvia »