Club-S12 International S12OC United Kingdom ClubS12 France S12Silvia Australia S12.org.ua Eastern Europe S12 of Sweden S12 Japan BBS
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: New From Montana  (Read 16956 times)

Offline s-chassis_only

• n00b
New From Montana
« on: 07:43:21 PM / 25-Sep-10 »
Hey my name is Brandon from montana i dont own a s12 at the moment but trying to acquire one to get rid of my s13 hatch been using this site to see what to look for so i know what to buy so i can modify it down the road

Facebook Share    

Offline sideways_s12

• CS12 OG
  • Global Moderator
  • S12 Guru
  • Vehicle: 1987 Nissan 200SX
  • Quit Fuckin around and start the car!
Re: New From Montana
« Reply #1 on: 08:08:53 PM / 25-Sep-10 »
Welcome!

Offline Redneck

« Reply #2 on: 01:58:40 AM / 26-Sep-10 »
trying to acquire one to get rid of my s13 hatch been using this site to see what to look for so i know what to buy so i can modify it down the road

The main things that separate the s12 from the s13 are rear suspension and aftermarket. The s13 has aftermarket everything and a very nice multi link rear suspension while the s12 has almost no aftermarket and sub par semi trailing rear arm or solid rear axle rear suspension. 84 ca20e's got a solid rear axle while every other s12 got semi trailing rear arm. Solid rear axle s12's tend to be more desirable due to the semi trailing rear arm's inherent negative camber and toe issues but they are much more rare. The s12 does have some aftermarket but it tends to be pretty limited which has caused a lot of s12 owners to modify parts designed for other vehicles to fit the s12. For instance a good amount of s13 stuff will either bolt on or will bolt on with minimal modifications. In my opinion the s12 is a textbook definition of an underdog chassis yet with a bit of time and money can be made to be surprisingly competitive despite its disadvantages. Good luck with your search!
FIrst my rims are horrible, than there ok when painted black , now my cars horrible, now my fenders are to much after i was told i couldnt do it.... Lol club s12 ftw.....  Only here have Ive been told they look like shit..... SOrry its not bone stock with crown vic rims running the stock vg making 130whp and looks generic like every other one. My car looks dope ive been told this a billion times on local forums....

Offline Arro

• Administrator
  • S12 Guru
  • Vehicle: 1985 Nissan 200SX
    • http://www.cardomain.com/id/arro200sx
« Reply #3 on: 01:59:36 AM / 26-Sep-10 »
i dont own a s12 at the moment but trying to acquire one to get rid of my s13 hatch

this quote is full of win and will be my in my signature. Welcome to C-S12, Brandon :thumbsup:
-Jason Arro

'85 Nissan 200SX (KA24DE)
formerly,
'85 Nissan Silvia RS-X - FJ20 w/ dual Weber carbs
'84 Nissan 200SX Turbo
'85 Nissan 200SX Turbo
Drive it like you stole it, and work on it like you married it - self quote
Quote from: ka-t.org
Hella flush and all associates should be gunned down for brainwashing people into thinking a 225 and lots of camber is proper wheel fitment. THAT IS EASY, anyone can camber a skinny as tire till it dosnt rub. Now fitting an 11 with a 315 on stock fender with reasonable camber, that is fitment. And looks, and performs better than both.
i dont own a s12 at the moment but trying to acquire one to get rid of my s13 hatch
Quote from: SHOUTBOX
[27:54] zastaba: I had a friend touch the contacts on his distributer once
[28:04] zastaba: He did the super jumping up and down pain dance

Offline s-chassis_only

• n00b
« Reply #4 on: 02:04:22 AM / 26-Sep-10 »
^^^^ y ur sig? because im gettin rid of my s13 at least one of them lol

Offline Redneck

« Reply #5 on: 02:16:24 AM / 26-Sep-10 »
^^^^ y ur sig? because im gettin rid of my s13 at least one of them lol

Arro just likes the fact your selling an s13 to buy an s12. The s13 here tends to be a little looked down upon because it is usually stealing the spotlight from the s12. Personally though I like and own both.
FIrst my rims are horrible, than there ok when painted black , now my cars horrible, now my fenders are to much after i was told i couldnt do it.... Lol club s12 ftw.....  Only here have Ive been told they look like shit..... SOrry its not bone stock with crown vic rims running the stock vg making 130whp and looks generic like every other one. My car looks dope ive been told this a billion times on local forums....

Offline Arro

• Administrator
  • S12 Guru
  • Vehicle: 1985 Nissan 200SX
    • http://www.cardomain.com/id/arro200sx
« Reply #6 on: 02:29:57 AM / 26-Sep-10 »
Yeah he's right... I appreciate the technical advantages of the S13 over the S12, but the S12 needs more acceptance and appreciation.

Also, if Sterling has his way, the multi-link won't be a hassle to switch to, he thinks he may have a much simpler way that doesn't require a lot of modification. If so... it would mean an S12 chassis could run with front AND rear S13 suspension goodies. Which would render the S12 as the better choice (after modification).

-Jason Arro

'85 Nissan 200SX (KA24DE)
formerly,
'85 Nissan Silvia RS-X - FJ20 w/ dual Weber carbs
'84 Nissan 200SX Turbo
'85 Nissan 200SX Turbo
Drive it like you stole it, and work on it like you married it - self quote
Quote from: ka-t.org
Hella flush and all associates should be gunned down for brainwashing people into thinking a 225 and lots of camber is proper wheel fitment. THAT IS EASY, anyone can camber a skinny as tire till it dosnt rub. Now fitting an 11 with a 315 on stock fender with reasonable camber, that is fitment. And looks, and performs better than both.
Quote from: SHOUTBOX
[27:54] zastaba: I had a friend touch the contacts on his distributer once
[28:04] zastaba: He did the super jumping up and down pain dance

Offline 2toneSilvia

« Reply #7 on: 08:19:29 AM / 26-Sep-10 »
Welcome! The only advantage the S12 has over the S13 is the lack of popularity. You will most likely be the only one in your town or show with one, which rarity always wins' in my book. Looking forward to pics of your car once you acquire it :)

Offline s-chassis_only

• n00b
« Reply #8 on: 06:53:36 PM / 15-Nov-10 »
ya so im buyin a 86 hatchback s12 with a ca18et from a friend in washington short term plans are swap on my t25g off my sr fmic boost controller and frankenshock setup and rims and tires then daily it while i build my s13 coupe

Offline 2toneSilvia

« Reply #9 on: 10:32:32 AM / 16-Nov-10 »
Thumbs up!  :cool2: