what did you do to your s12 today?!

Started by fyneyoungstunna, 08:55:52 PM / 02-Nov-10

Previous topic - Next topic

Low594

Drove mine to work and back, 130 miles round trip, the usual.  Tested the EGR, seems fine.  Found more vacuum lines and got them changed out.  Search for the PCV, I think I found it in the front of the engine above the intake runners and under the plenum, is that right?  Do I have to remove the plenum to get to it? Are there any gaskets involved?

Changed out the thermostat, as suspected, stuck partly open. I don't think it was operating at all, just cracked open slightly!

sideways_s12

swapped turbo's again back to the t25g feels better and smoother now hopefully this lasts till I get money for my 60 trim swap will def be done by my birthday....

mentalxpreshun

sideways - youre on an 18et motor right?

Wonderingraven

still trying to make custom fusible wires for the battery that connects to the EFI, can't seem to get it to stay idling now. But it does run but very rich also and I have to rev it above 1k to keep it running, if I let it go it attempts to idle at 700 then shut off.
Hacker | Streamer | Gamer | Drifter
1987 - Project: Excalibur Prime
1986 - Project: Serenity

sam31183

Dave Coleman for President of Earth!!!!
Build Thread Hatch CA18DET Eventually a Track Whore
Build Thread Notch KA24DE Daily Driver

Quote from: Kustamogenhaha me modding would be a disaster.....Id get all power hungry and  demand n00dz from everyone. Then make all the canadian s12er's come here  and massage my feet and make me jello pudding.

Actually....mod powers plz?!?!?!  0:)
Quote from: Shark808 on 02:17:44 PM / 13-Dec-11
Tedious?  This coming from a person who uses the word twice in a sentence?  I laughed repeatedly...

vegasS12

sideways_s12

I do have both et and det the et is currently down till I get some money to get it right but I will be getting a bike first. And by bike I mean motorcycle.

Jeremy A

Quote from: sideways_s12 on 03:12:30 AM / 24-Jun-11
I will be getting a bike first. And by bike I mean motorcycle.

Woooh,  thank goodness...  I thought you meant one of these!!!!

CamInHead

Refurbed my axles. I hate CV grease, escially dirty, old, looks like melted poopy cv grease.

DatsmoZ

Me and a generous friend of mine tried to put bucket seats in my car, but the railing thingy didnt fit. Though the mission failed, he was nice enough to give me the seat covers from his precious Civic and put them on my s12 seats. :)

sideways_s12

Wonderingraven

Found my brown wireset for the pos battery, ordered some NGK's wireset and plugs today.
Hacker | Streamer | Gamer | Drifter
1987 - Project: Excalibur Prime
1986 - Project: Serenity

silverton

Washed, dried, and dusted it.  She looks purdy again.

freakin cats...  Woke up this morning to paw prints leading up my hood, my windshield, the roof, down the hatch glass, on the spoiler, got a paw print on the tail light somehow??? and on the top of the bumper... I was like WTF???
-Dennis

BoostedVG (in regards to people hating on the VG) - Me thinks they were not the mechanic they thought and blamed it all on the engine.

Colonol Gustard - youre one of the few people that represent the s12 chassis like a boss!

lady_s12_77

Quote from: silverton on 03:44:26 PM / 25-Jun-11
Washed, dried, and dusted it.  She looks purdy again.

freakin cats...  Woke up this morning to paw prints leaking up my hood, my windshield, the roof, down the hatch glass, on the spoiler, got a paw print on the tail light somehow??? and on the top of the bumper... I was like WTF???

If its not birds crapping on these cars, it's the cats walking all over them LOL :tongue2:
What's next, dogs?
1987 Nissan 200sx ca20, white (RIP)
1988 Nissan 200sx ca20, black (RIP)
1985 Nissan 200sx ca18, blue, turbo (RIP)
1987 Nissan 200sx VG30, black, (stolen, its in ATL)
1987 Nissan 200sx ca20, white (RUNNING GREAT so far)
1995 Lincoln Mark VIII, 4.6, panther edition (RIP)
1989 Lincoln Mark VII, 5.0, Bill Blass edition
1977 Ford Granada, 5.0 (excellent condition)
1998 Mercury Mountaineer, 5.0 (family car)

Low594

Yesterday, I went by a smog shop, butit would fail if the machine was plugged in. He advised changing the BPT as it wasn't functioning, cleaning or changing the EGR and maybe replacing the cat!

Today, I ordered a new BPT from the local dealer, due in on Wed, $67!  Then called around to muffler shops, $200 at one place and $600 at another, just for cat replacement!
Then I tried to remove the EGR for a cleaning.  I got everything off except 1 nut!  Looks like the head or the entire engine needs to come out to do a service on it!  Am I missing something?  So I went to put it back together and I can't get the large pipe nut to thread on! WTF!  Seems to be fine with out the nut on securely, but I hate leaving things undone!  HELP!?

sam31183

Quote from: lady_s12_77 on 06:01:29 PM / 25-Jun-11
If its not birds crapping on these cars, it's the cats walking all over them LOL :tongue2:
What's next, dogs?

when i go over to my dads house his dogs like to piss on my hoshinos...annoying.

Dave Coleman for President of Earth!!!!
Build Thread Hatch CA18DET Eventually a Track Whore
Build Thread Notch KA24DE Daily Driver

Quote from: Kustamogenhaha me modding would be a disaster.....Id get all power hungry and  demand n00dz from everyone. Then make all the canadian s12er's come here  and massage my feet and make me jello pudding.

Actually....mod powers plz?!?!?!  0:)
Quote from: Shark808 on 02:17:44 PM / 13-Dec-11
Tedious?  This coming from a person who uses the word twice in a sentence?  I laughed repeatedly...

Prolowtone

^ I would be waiting for it with a damn pellet or air soft gun :D JK but i would be tempted

Set the gains on my amp, drove the car around my complex, did some first gear pulls and felt happy as the trip says i have now driven the car 1.2 km since the rebuild on the head....
Then i popped the hood and started cleaning again hahaha   
I keep my car cleaner then my room
Quote from: VG30DETT on 02:39:59 PM / 01-Oct-12
Fuck you then, I'll take my movies, box of chocolates, bottle of wine and chloroform somewhere else.
Quote from: StephenG on 08:06:21 PM / 28-Nov-12
Adding an SSD to that is kinda like strapping a 3 inch stainless HKS exhaust on a geo metro.

BattleFairy

did a WAIL - 50% win 50% Fail :laugh:

just bought this Fuckers for 15$ :yay!: and miss the part that the seller have only THREE of them + they are super extrem RARE and appear maybe once in a year on ebay
Abandon all Hope
Project: Battle Fairy
QuoteNow, I won't be a dick like Battlefairy was.......

CamInHead

BattleFairy

LOL its just a exampel pic, since i cant link pics from egay

btw the wheels that i bought are NEW aka never used......which makes me a much more sad panda
Abandon all Hope
Project: Battle Fairy
QuoteNow, I won't be a dick like Battlefairy was.......