Timing chain kit?

Started by TX200sx, 02:17:53 PM / 21-Nov-10

Previous topic - Next topic

TX200sx

A couple of questions, I am going to replace the time chain, guides, sprocket, water pump and oil pump before having the Sr20det installed Do I want to buy OEM on the timing chain kit or is there an aftermarket that is better? I believe I want to go OEM on the pumps but I would also like to run a deep sup on the oil is that a stock pump with an extended line or is it an aftermarket set up? If its aftermarket who makes one and where can I find it? Thanks

seishuku

timing chain kits are usually all pretty good, but I don't think there are any "improved" aftermarket ones, it's just a chain drive (pretty simple).
You have to do OEM on the pump though, since USDM FWD aftermarket ones don't fit RWD SRs, so you'll have to buy one from a place that sells imported JDM OEM front covers, same with the water pump.

I've never heard of a deep sump though, all the aftermarket large oil pans (greddy, moroso, tomi, etc) all use the stock OEM pick up.
I don't think you would want a deep sump anyway, as the oil pan already sits way low in the chassis, I know I wouldn't want one even lower.
Matt W.
Daily: 2015 Ecoboost Mustang
Previous Daily: 2011 Camaro V6 (tree fell on it)
Previous previous: 2013 VW Jetta TDI super polluter (got bought back)

TX200sx