Club-S12 International S12OC United Kingdom ClubS12 France S12Silvia Australia S12.org.ua Eastern Europe S12 of Sweden S12 Japan BBS
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Lost Attraction  (Read 72676 times)

Offline Prolowtone

• Mr. Clean
  • CONTRIBUTING MEMBER
  • S12 Guru
  • Vehicle: 1985 Nissan 200SX
Re: Lost Attraction
« Reply #300 on: 02:08:06 AM / 18-Aug-12 »
Stranded roadside with snapped lugs fucking Fucking fuck
Post Merge
Finally home...

I was cruising along and started to feel the slightest change in the rear end of the car,  as i get into the turn lane and slowed down i had to fight the car a bit to stay straight like i have a low tire. Turned on my 4ways after i completed my left turn and crawled to the little gravel area 30 feet or so down the road. checked all my tires wiggle the rims, kicked them all and couldn't find anything wrong. I started to thing i was crazy so i drove away and turned right, everything felt normal. started to turn left and the ass started to track like i was starting a drift and i felt a big grind :S (Thankfully there is no curb on the side of the road where the parking area is for the auto shops).. i quickly countered and drove Straight into the parking area on the side of the road and got out thinking WTF! Checked under my car thinking my lower control arm started off as my fitment was PERFECT! then i noticed the finger gap between my rear disk and the rim, I bent over to see im missing two lug nuts...... wait a fuck? THEY SNAPPED OFF and the last black one broke with no force at all.... Only my locking lug was left,\

Called my best friend to come with his jack so we could jack the car up. I searched around the car and lucky i still have the stock lugs for the spare tire and the tire iron kit for the truck in the back of the car for some reason. If i had gone any other route........ the rim would have come off in a sharp corner or on the highway /Mission bridge!

Post Merge
Tuner lugs

FUCKING CHEEP SHIT. WAS TORQUED TO SPEC, Guess im hitting mopac in the morning
Post Merge
funny for others but adds insult to my injury is i had two full sets of rims and tires along with a spare...... only had the crappy original lugs for the spare tire
« Last Edit: 05:51:34 AM / 18-Aug-12 by Prolowtone »
I keep my car cleaner then my room
Fuck you then, I'll take my movies, box of chocolates, bottle of wine and chloroform somewhere else.
Adding an SSD to that is kinda like strapping a 3 inch stainless HKS exhaust on a geo metro.

Offline Prolowtone

• Mr. Clean
  • CONTRIBUTING MEMBER
  • S12 Guru
« Reply #301 on: 09:29:55 AM / 03-Jan-15 »
Alomst 2 years and 5 months since i updated this..
Not alot of good has happened to the old girl. I couldnt get the proper lug nuts for the rims without going back to the same ones and it was hard to find 16" rims that where thin enough to fit the short factory lugs but the proper offset to clear the big brake kit. I left my 17s on the front and put the stock rims on the rear, a few days later someone tried to break into it by punching my lock which snapped the back and prevented them from getting in but i cant find a new lock. THEN Both my cars got towed due to my Strada manager being an ass, calling in my cars as abandoned when i was in the middle of moving out.

The black car was towed safely (I would have gotten jail time)...  I get back after dropping a load of stuff off to the New house to find my both my cars are gone from our parking area behind the complex and moms jeep has a large pink tow sticker on it aswell so i rip it off and call the company after moving the jeep. I go down to their impound and found why they were towed. While waiting to go into the yard to get my cars i see through the gate that they had the ass of my grey car lifted off the ground by a forklift moving it across the impound. My head started ringing..

I go talk to the girl at the front desk who tells me the car is dead and needed a jump but brings me into the back where i discover the worst nightmare.
The Grey car (Project Lost Attraction) was towed into something that made a 1' 7" gash in the passenger fender, cut the passenger tire down to the cords and damaged my rim, scratched the mirror and dented/Cracked my front bumper and because they didnt secure the steering wheel so my wheel bar spun up when the front tires turned during the tow and smashed the bloody hell out of the windshield. and when they lifted the rear with the forklift the dented in my gas tank.

I lost all motivation to even look at either of the cars after then and stored them since other then the 4 times had the black car out. I work away more often then im home but have been helping to build and maintain other cars so i wasnt out completely but i was certainly on a bit of a hiatus.

After working away and not being home for a year  at a time i managed to get up the gumption to start into the car again as my newyear resolution.
Making plans on the build again and Installing and Prepping stored and recently purchased parts for install  :evillaugh:

Testfit on the Black car

Fronts clearing strut by maybe 2 mm but clearing the calipers. I the had them dismounted from the bald tires and they are inline for restoration  :cool2:

Other stuff

Partcery shopping in an hour also missing a Z32 front calipers. I still have an entire shelf full of new parts

Tomorrow is my last day home for probably another year. And for those of you that remember my baby brother, He is on a good path for turning 2 in a few days. He loves burnout vids of s12's, He loves cars and anything with wheels sofar. He is joined to my hip when im here the past week hahaha. I get photos of him pulling stuff apart to see how it work just like i did  :angel: still think mother would kill me if he stsrted getting greasy in the garage with me. Maybe this time next year  :thumbsup:
Fuck you then, I'll take my movies, box of chocolates, bottle of wine and chloroform somewhere else.
Adding an SSD to that is kinda like strapping a 3 inch stainless HKS exhaust on a geo metro.

Offline 8SixS12

• Get it done already!
  • Vehicle: 1986 Nissan 200SX
« Reply #302 on: 02:25:07 PM / 03-Jan-15 »
Awesome!
"Sense is not always common" -self quote

My Build Thread: http://club-s12.org/retro4/index.php?topic=36053.0

Offline Basic

« Reply #303 on: 02:52:19 PM / 03-Jan-15 »
You had more control than I would have. I think heads would be rolling if they did that to my cars. At bare minimum there would be multiple lawsuits involved and the manager would be fired, as well as whoever at the tow company f-ed up my car(s).
Hey, truck engine + truck turbo - why not?

Offline Prolowtone

• Mr. Clean
  • CONTRIBUTING MEMBER
  • S12 Guru
« Reply #304 on: 03:11:59 PM / 03-Jan-15 »
Tried to sue but i was put aside as my insurance was up so no money to be made for the monopolized BC government and they somehow consider that parking area as a public road and continued to say i should have gotten tickets ontop of it all. Im away to much and would lose more money if had to miss work and pay for a layer and the rest of those fees. Bullshit eh. Tow company showed me the drivers inspection sheet and that the damage was there before he towed it.. as if he couldnt write more damage on the sheet after he started towing the car and smashed it!

The cars were parked here but the black car was in front of the grey car so how did it get hit at all on the front and passenger sides. Whatever tho, Nothing i can do now as mad as i am, Just need to acquire new fender and front bumper and windshield. 

Offline 8SixS12

• Get it done already!
« Reply #305 on: 07:41:17 PM / 03-Jan-15 »
That's great that you had the inspiration to resume your build. Unfortunately there are lots of people in this world that just plain suck for no damn reason. Good luck bro.

Offline Prolowtone

• Mr. Clean
  • CONTRIBUTING MEMBER
  • S12 Guru
« Reply #306 on: 12:40:21 PM / 06-Jan-15 »
Hahaha Thanks :)

Offline 8SixS12

• Get it done already!
« Reply #307 on: 04:00:02 PM / 06-Jan-15 »
Hey Pro, are those Enkei Zokus???

Offline Prolowtone

• Mr. Clean
  • CONTRIBUTING MEMBER
  • S12 Guru
« Reply #308 on: 07:37:18 PM / 06-Jan-15 »
Hahaha yes they are. Thanks, I didnt know what they were called. they are 17X7

Offline IggyEGuana

• Builder - Driver
  • S12 Guru
« Reply #309 on: 07:41:10 PM / 10-Jan-15 »
dat lift at home tho.

Waylon Deno - Silhouette Autosports (check it out on facebook)
Drift Build Thread
Quote from: Arro
you sir are emblazoned with win.

Offline 8SixS12

• Get it done already!
« Reply #310 on: 09:50:32 AM / 17-Jan-15 »
dat lift at home tho.

IKR!...I need this!...We all need this!

Offline Prolowtone

• Mr. Clean
  • CONTRIBUTING MEMBER
  • S12 Guru
« Reply #311 on: 12:45:23 AM / 12-Jul-15 »
Well my new job gives me 2 weeks on and 1 week off so i now have time to fly home and work on the car every now and then. Started ordering parts and they will be arriving starting in 3 days while im on my way home to BC. Cant wait to get out of my 7'x10' cell in this camp hahahaha  :devilsidesmile:

Parts on order are :Attain KS-7402 Front 5 Lug Hub Conversion S13 (Pressed in 50mm studs)
                               :Spring, SSS, 5" Conventional (Spring-SSS-5" X 8" X 500 Lbs.)
                               :Coil-Spring Adjuster, Complete
                               :Shock Pro- Street -74-78 Mustang Rear
                               :Adjustable Trailing-arm Conversion Kit [Type 1] Variant: With Caliper Brackets

Will be nice to work on my car for once instead of my truck haha, Its been my away from home project since i cant work on the cars. need a change of pace after the new head, cam, cam phasers, chains, guides, tensioners, vct solenoids, cam sensors, all idler and belt tensioner pulleys, Power steering pump, alternator, water pump, lift, shocks, axles, upper and lower control arms, inner and out tie rods, sway bar end links, front independent wheel hubs, bumper, led ditch lights, front and rear winch, power programmer, side steps and tonneau cover, rims and tires hahaha its basically a new truck. even have new flairs coming in for it.

Offline sideways_s12

• CS12 OG
  • Moderators
  • S12 Guru
  • Vehicle: 1987 Nissan 200SX
  • Quit Fuckin around and start the car!
« Reply #312 on: 11:24:26 AM / 12-Jul-15 »
Nice truck although I'm a dodge guy...

Offline Prolowtone

• Mr. Clean
  • CONTRIBUTING MEMBER
  • S12 Guru
« Reply #313 on: 08:18:25 PM / 12-Jul-15 »
thanks, she has come along way from the $3500 beater hahaha