Lost Attraction

Started by Prolowtone, 09:36:24 PM / 29-Dec-10

Previous topic - Next topic

cutter67

you are such a nice guy for letting your friends park their rides around your S-12 it must of made their day    :laugh:

i kinda liked the honda till you said airbags

Prolowtone

Hahahaha they asked if they could park beside me and get some good pics :D I didnt mind since i got some good single shots and some good group shots.

In other news my ca20s head cracked on me yesterday when i got home... I just put in a full tank and was getting ready for work. I popped the hood to put in a new exhaust stud as one fell out and i was sick of the ticking noise. I noticed a hissing noise but only on the drivers side, no leaking coming from my rad or the hoses or the rad. I put my ear up to the exhaust and could here the hissing from cylinder 3, I popped my rad cap and the hissing stopped. Car is not smoking so its not the head gasket but the water jacket in the head itself.

Went to my friends shop to get a quote on getting the det Hot tanked, check the deck of the head and block, polish the deck, polish my crank, valve grind etc. gonna cost me roughly 500 to 700 for all the work. :/ Car is offically off the road for a month at least.
I keep my car cleaner then my room
Quote from: VG30DETT on 02:39:59 PM / 01-Oct-12
Fuck you then, I'll take my movies, box of chocolates, bottle of wine and chloroform somewhere else.
Quote from: StephenG on 08:06:21 PM / 28-Nov-12
Adding an SSD to that is kinda like strapping a 3 inch stainless HKS exhaust on a geo metro.

Prolowtone

My ride while the s12 is broke. 1992? V6 Toyota pickup

Fuck you then, I'll take my movies, box of chocolates, bottle of wine and chloroform somewhere else.
Adding an SSD to that is kinda like strapping a 3 inch stainless HKS exhaust on a geo metro.

Colonel Gustard

"Certified Member of SoCal Parts Alliance."

Quote from: SlickS12 on 09:47:21 AM / 08-Mar-11
what the hell is camber?

Quote from: Prolowtone on 11:26:43 PM / 27-Oct-11
I thought about my s12 and the parts i want to put in her :P

Quote from: SchizophrenicMC on 03:11:12 PM / 02-Dec-11
Obviously, you have yet to meet Colonel Gustard.
Quote from: Ghetto Jack on 03:15:17 PM / 02-Dec-11
I saw some of his posts, he seems like more fun than a barrel of hookers.

Prolowtone

lol 18"Motegi raxing rims and a real Grant steering wg=heel make this truck feel awesome with the sensatrack shocks and all new brakes

Prolowtone

Super long day Dono if i even want to type it out.    Woke up feeling crappy, Drove 100km home from my friends place. Had a quick nap before i had to leave for work that didnt end so quick so i was late to work. about 40 minutes into my drove an east indian truck driver points at my passenger rim at a stop light so i put down my window (U Have Big Srew in Titre) I said AWWW fuck! pulled into a gas station, No tuner lug to take the rims off, Wait an hour and a half for moms boyfriend to drive out and give it to me. We pull the tire off, Lower the spare from under the truck bed, go to put it on.............. Fucking thing does not have the proper bore size! This just made my day, I roll the old punctured tire over to the air pump and fill it up after i paid the dollar charge :s. Put it on and rushed over to my friends shop as they are down the road and its 6 pm now so most shops are closed that woulds fix it. i had to park down the road as the lot is full.

Pulled the tire off and try a rim, dont fit put the bad one on lower truck, back to the shop find another rim, pull bad one off to try again dont fit so put it all together again did this like ten fucking times. Skinny road with a dirt shoulder where i shouldnt use a bottle jack little lone leave it up without a tire so it was extra work :( Nothing fit in the end so i filled up my tire and rushed to a Warehousing store i know (Costco) Where i talked to the guy at the parts counter about getting a rim and tire if they had and spares, But as i thought He can only sell my two tires instead of one and they have no rims. Go to Canadian tire and the shop part is closed but i got the guy to get me a tire plug since they also can not sell single rims and tires. Back to my friends shop to ask if i can use the tire machine, They said sure but the part you pull the tire up onto is broke so it was going to be interesting. I tried and got a good sweat going but the machine was to small..... I was moving it around as i tried to pop the bead over the edge of the rim and was flexing the metal bar to the point we thought it might snap...Fucking low profile tires. so im not going to even make it for the end of my shift at work and no one would pick up when i called 9 FUCKING TIMES! so if i get shit tomorrow i am going to rip every single person in the front office a new fucking asshole!

Tomorrow i need to get up, Cash my cheque at the bank, Get the tire patched and try to not be late for work. Mom gave me a bottle of Deserono and i got a 6 pack of beer. Think im going to dig into the s12 a bit tonight

Post Merge: 03:36:48 AM / 08-May-12

Just drove the S12 for the first time in months of driving the little toyota. took it down an empty bumpy poorly paved road at a fair pace. If felt like the most floaty, swaying, heavy, wide, ass draggiest, light clutched, pinky shifting fucking thing EVER. But God do i miss the pull, torque and sound of my little ca20 s12 (I think the crack in the head is giving it +20 foot pounds of torque). I cant wait for my build to progress

Post Merge: 01:56:26 PM / 08-May-12

DONT SWING YOUR FUCKING DOORS OPEN IN PARKING LOTS FOR FUCK SAKES. second time the s12 out and around in 2 months and some dumbass women Throws her fucking mini van door open and peels some of the paint off my mirror as i start the car and put it in gear. I started fuming and shut the car off, Got out and checked it while she kept saying it wasnt her....... I gave her my "Fucking No" look and told her, Do you see any chips there, NO?, Thats because i fill them all with scratch filler! See the paint chip on your door and the silver paint on my mirror, Kind of a coincidence now isnt it..... I took down her info and gave her mine as she kept saying to settle privately bla bla bla, took some pics to. Then as i went to leave she starts saying god will bless me if i forget about it as i am getting in my car. I looked her in the eyes and told her i am an Atheist started the car and some old school rock started blasting. I waited for her to leave incase she hit me again or someone else.....

Prolowtone

gave it a stretch this weekend. Took the sharp downhill offramp from the highway in second gear with my foot to the floor, My god did it ever hook up. Felt like me face was going to rip off.

Finally starting to make time to fix the car and build the CA18DET... By the way, anyone know where i can get the Crank timing gear and the key. Fucking thing is on there so bad i snapped the puller i bought and it chipped a tooth! FML

Some good shit to come in the not so near future (at this rate  :glaresad:)

rednucleus

Haha scary red eyes dude!! - like a zombie movie lol

Prolowtone

Im just a little bit possessed

Prolowtone

Tempting.. 15x7 +18 wheels x4. 2 or which have 15x9.5 road racing slicks, i would be hesitant to try.wheels are in excellent shape,no curbage or bends.

What do you guys think.. I want to see how they fit

Prolowtone

Truthfully i only liked the last set. Im not really looking for rims at the moment anyways :D MASSIVE UPDATE TO COME :P

dkdsilver

REALLY i hope u get your swap done soon as well then we can road trip and visit every one ;P

Prolowtone

:laugh: Sounds good dude. I got some shit up my sleeve before that..,Things i am going to hold out on for now and not mention in this thread ;D. Spending $100-$400+ tomorrow, $400+ on the weekend, and i dono how much next week, Then in another week or soo im going to spend about 2000+  :sick: My car officially holds the check book...

But i got some pics to show that i have started on "Fixing things"

(mmmm crosshatching)

And these are nothing special  :shifty:

Prolowtone

Been busy. Also a word of advise, Bolt on is NEVER BOLT ON... Been holding off on putting these in for MONTHS! i test fit one side awhile back and found out the control arms need a "Little" modding.... Cutting, grinding, then full structural reinforcement of the lower control arms because of the cutting and grinding :yay!:
Finally said to hell with it and got to work

12.2" X 1.25" Directional vane rotors with 4 piston calipers and stainless braided brake lines. I am working on upgrading my rears to  :thinking:

Sirius Satilite radio

DET is on its way out for work

Waiting to see if i use this r200 or not

Set of hard stance coilovers

S13 front hubs with good rotors and brakes

Plus a crap ton of more parts.... 4 Rubbermaid bins, 3 boxs and a laundry bin along with other stuff just lying about

heith

Yeah i had to grind away a couple times at the lca to make them fit. They also say 15" can be used with that kit but i barely fit 16's over it

Prolowtone

Did you box-weld yours to? Trying to decide on my nice stiff coilovers and the s13 stuff or my lowering springs and the brake kit :(.. If i keep this kit then i am taking the arms to work and powder coating them. If i dont sleep in, ill try to fit the stock 15" rims on in the morning before i go to the shop so i can maybe sell them to make more room in my garage

Prolowtone

Prolowtone

Fuck you to ca20.. Who needs a voltage regulator, you thought you could win by scaring me into thinking you caught fire as fuses started to pop. After i found your problem I won by turning on my high beams, full blast on my heater and my sub on full bass at volume 28.
Post Merge

got a new alternator..... same brand, same part number, lower bracket gap is a quart inch too small to fit onto the block *WTF?

Prolowtone

Car meet and cruise to cypress :) A member of a local car forum  popped this pic up and i must say i love it!
(Thanks again nabs from Revscene.net)

http://www.revscene.net/forums/671885-last-minute-cypress-cruise-august-6-a-2.html