running horrible

Started by turbo84, 02:35:32 PM / 04-Mar-11

Previous topic - Next topic

turbo84

ok so i have an 84 turbo and it has no power at all will barely idle most of the time it wont and it will not go any faster than 65 cause it runs out of power it also blew a spark plug out of the head??? i dont have a clue where to begin looking?

Prolowtone

Timing and vac leaks are a good place to start
I keep my car cleaner then my room
Quote from: VG30DETT on 02:39:59 PM / 01-Oct-12
Fuck you then, I'll take my movies, box of chocolates, bottle of wine and chloroform somewhere else.
Quote from: StephenG on 08:06:21 PM / 28-Nov-12
Adding an SSD to that is kinda like strapping a 3 inch stainless HKS exhaust on a geo metro.

turbo84

ok so i had it running it was still very low on power. i was on my way to work and the farther i drove the less power it had and now all it will do is start up for 3-5 seconds nad shut right back off and when it starts the whole car shakes like it is missing horribly please help this is my only car

Prolowtone

Hmmm. This is starting to sound like my best friends 86 turbo problem, Really luggy, no torque motor is shakky and is smoking a bit. unplug Maf car would die. new cap and rotor fuel filter, getting spark and fuel. I never figured out what was wrong with it.

How is your oil pressure and level
Compression test your motor yet?
I keep my car cleaner then my room
Quote from: VG30DETT on 02:39:59 PM / 01-Oct-12
Fuck you then, I'll take my movies, box of chocolates, bottle of wine and chloroform somewhere else.
Quote from: StephenG on 08:06:21 PM / 28-Nov-12
Adding an SSD to that is kinda like strapping a 3 inch stainless HKS exhaust on a geo metro.

turbo84

havent done a compression test as car is sitting on the side of the road as of now but i did notice the oil pressure was a little lower than it should be

Redneck

Compression test is definitely the next thing you should do before you get into it any further.
Quote from: ka-tgazelle on 11:24:56 PM / 01-Jun-11 FIrst my rims are horrible, than there ok when painted black , now my cars horrible, now my fenders are to much after i was told i couldnt do it.... Lol club s12 ftw.....  Only here have Ive been told they look like shit..... SOrry its not bone stock with crown vic rims running the stock vg making 130whp and looks generic like every other one. My car looks dope ive been told this a billion times on local forums....

turbo84

i got like a code 23 and the idle sensor code

turbo84

ok so i thought it was the fuel pump but i dont think my injectors are firing at all i pulled the fuel rail out andi have fuel in the line all the way to the injector but i cranked it over and now fuel shot out but when i used a 9 volt battery the injevotr clicked back and forth what wires from the ecu run the injectors

Post Merge: 10:05:11 AM / 10-Mar-11

delete this thread i figured it out i have 0 compression in cylinder 4