Club-S12 International S12OC United Kingdom ClubS12 France S12Silvia Australia S12.org.ua Eastern Europe S12 of Sweden S12 Japan BBS
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Project: Phoenix  (Read 64777 times)

Offline IggyEGuana

• Builder - Driver
  • S12 Guru
Re: Project: Phoenix
« Reply #40 on: 05:40:23 PM / 31-May-11 »
lvDave!!!!!!!!!!!!! wtf! havent heard from u in forever!

Waylon Deno - Silhouette Autosports (check it out on facebook)
Drift Build Thread
Quote from: Arro
you sir are emblazoned with win.

Offline JuneBug

« Reply #41 on: 06:38:39 PM / 31-May-11 »
lvDave!!!!!!!!!!!!! wtf! havent heard from u in forever!

Well I've had a pretty crazy last few years.  I graduated high school.  Got my girlfriend pregnant.  Went on a crazy job hunt, applied everywhere to try and get the best job possible.  Started working at Costco while I waited for responses from the unions I applied to.  Then I got accepted into the low voltage program with IBEW 357.  I wanted to be a real electrician but the pay was the same so I said fuck it.  Then my daughter was born.  I wanted a newer safer car to drive my daughter in, so I bought a new Mustang GT.  Shortly after I bought a house.  I had saved every paycheck I made at Costco for my down payment.  It was perfect timing too because the housing market had just crashed, bringing prices and interest rates down.  Then I worked for a little while longer till City Center was finished.  I was then laid off for the next year till I was allowed to change programs, into the wireman electrician program and go back to work.

Last november picked up an 84 Turbo for $260 running, the guy didn't know how to tighten the alternator belt.  I put a t25 on it and had some fun with it for the next couple months.  Then one day driving home it lost oil pressure.  Figured it was just the gauge and kept driving home.  When I got home there was a weird scraping sound from near the oil pump and the sound of the turbo blades hitting the housing.  I have the motor out now and internally it seems fine.  I'm going to freshen it up, throw in a new oil pump, and put it back in.

In December I got into an accident in my Mustang.  Made a left on a regular green light.  There was a dip on the other side of the road that can hide a hole car in it, so I didn't see a girl driving a Camry coming straight towards the intersection and she went right into the right rear quarter of the car.  The thing is it was a 30mph road and the point of impact was only 3' away from the back of the car, If she had swerved or slowed at all it would've avoided the accident.  But those are very hard things to prove to an insurance company, so I got stuck with all the blame.  So I bought a new Ford Fiesta as a family car, and am just trying to finish my projects now.

I'm really looking to get back into the s12 scene and plan to start drifting the 84 turbo a little when it's done

Offline Jeremy A

• Vehicle: 1984 Nissan 200SX
  • S12 Daily Driver
« Reply #42 on: 06:56:22 PM / 31-May-11 »
What's up fellow LV S12 brosky,  sounds like a nuts couple of years man!  I like that you like Ford like I do, with a sweet GT and a sick new Fiesta too,  kick-ass.  And seriously,  I hear about more and more S12er's in Las Vegas all the time,  I can't wait until the day that we can unite.

Offline IggyEGuana

• Builder - Driver
  • S12 Guru
« Reply #43 on: 07:05:13 PM / 31-May-11 »
damn youve been busy. good shit tho. congrats on ur daughter and ur house. shit im way older than u and ur already way ahead of me.

Drift Build Thread

Offline deco

« Reply #44 on: 10:29:37 PM / 31-May-11 »
I am a sr tech on the low volt side of things, where did you work last befor your layoff. I had a bunch of friends that were all 3rd year in the low volt side and they all got offered to move, but finished befor they could. now they, are sitten on there asses just like me waiting for something thats not going to come, (well not yet). anyway me and the women have been doing ok for 18 months now on my 400 a week, she works also, but you would know that when I do get back to work, money really wont be an issue with my build, bring home for me with out any ot is around the 13-1400 weekly area. so if 400 is getting us by, an extra 1000....... oh ya, now if i can just get a call. number 3 and nothing.....

Post Merge: 10:36:46 PM / 31-May-11
i should have looked at your whole post befor i added. anyway I see you were at city center, who did you work under over there? and walon dont think of it as he is ahead of you, think of it as your just kinda taking your time. I also bought a house young, but a nasty divorce later, to a bit@# who like black jack, and not only my house, but my cars, bike, and credit all went with it. so be happy about taking your time, really
« Last Edit: 10:36:46 PM / 31-May-11 by deco »

Offline Redneck

« Reply #45 on: 11:20:45 PM / 31-May-11 »
Then my daughter was born.  I wanted a newer safer car to drive my daughter in, so I bought a new Mustang GT.

In December I got into an accident in my Mustang.

The textbook in my speech class defines this scenario as "the self fulfilling prophecy" hahaha.
FIrst my rims are horrible, than there ok when painted black , now my cars horrible, now my fenders are to much after i was told i couldnt do it.... Lol club s12 ftw.....  Only here have Ive been told they look like shit..... SOrry its not bone stock with crown vic rims running the stock vg making 130whp and looks generic like every other one. My car looks dope ive been told this a billion times on local forums....

Offline JuneBug

« Reply #46 on: 05:21:20 PM / 01-Jun-11 »
Hey Deco.  I worked in the convention center at City Center then later moved to the podium with Gary Locke as my GF.  Steve Blankey was my foreman in the convention center and I was usually the only person on his crew.  In the podium my foreman was Jay Dubiago, he was a fucking douche bag.

My name is Dave Sibilia if that rings a bell.

Also, sweet s12.  I saw it when it was posted on craigslist.  You're lucky I didn't have a place to park it, otherwise I would've bought it  :laugh:.  As far as motors go, I think you should just throw a ca20e or ca18et long block in there for the time being just to get it going.  You could piece together a nice suspension for it.  Then when work picks up again, you can worry about making some power.  I'd recommend a det at that point though.
« Last Edit: 05:32:35 PM / 01-Jun-11 by lvDave »

Offline deco

« Reply #47 on: 05:37:04 PM / 01-Jun-11 »
I don't know why your name isn't ringing A bell at this time. my name is Ben Easter,  I worked under jay for a long time. I was the tech running the  wireless crew, befor lock was a gf. Then I went to the data crew working under the slot floor, with zogg as the formen.

As for the motor, I would toss a long block in if I had one, tossing 200 bucks out on a used unk condition motor really isn't an option. I don't need this thing running, I have a good daily, I just don't want any dumb short cuts. When I was at city cinter I was finishing up my 4g63t swapped colt, that was a blast but didn't last long due to a bad oil pump. I was really spent with fwd cars and needed a new project. Been looking at the s-12 for a long time now so when this thing came up I jumped on it.

Offline JuneBug

« Reply #48 on: 05:41:36 PM / 01-Jun-11 »
I remember you.  You went to work on zoggs crew the same week I went to work with Jay.  You were working with Mark and Chris, chris switched to the wireman side too.

You could probably get a ca20e longblock off a forum member for $100 or less. 
« Last Edit: 05:59:21 PM / 01-Jun-11 by lvDave »

Offline deco

« Reply #49 on: 10:11:26 PM / 01-Jun-11 »
Oh hell I think I remember now, I think you, mark, and I all got into some car talk the day befor I went to the other crew. Well shit man good to hear your worken, and chris also. If you see him tell that fool I said what's up. Anyway if I found a usable ca20 for under 100 bucks id have to piss off the women a 2nd time and buy it also. So with that said I am looking for a long block. Ca20 or 18. Needs to look usable. Not loooking for a great motor here but One that will run and not smoke. I don't have any money right now, but for the right price I can work on something. I do however have a nice set of skills. Need a nice sound system in your home, cable, phone, data, wires running all over your house? Ill fix it up for ya.....

Offline JuneBug

« Reply #50 on: 05:58:24 PM / 09-Jun-11 »
Hey Deco.  Didn't have a chance to reply earlier.  My daughter got a pretty serious burn from a hot bowl of oatmeal.  She's doing fine now, kids heal crazy quick.

I definitely remember you telling me about your Colt.  Swapping the long blocks sounds like a great idea.  That way you can play with the car a little and set up a nice suspension for it.  Then when you're back to work it's only one paycheck for a CA18DET.  I know if you're anything like me, you've blown a paycheck on worse things before, lol.

Anyways, I'm going to pm you my number.  Maybe I can help you with that long block swap. 

Offline deco

« Reply #51 on: 06:20:26 PM / 09-Jun-11 »
Hell sorry to hear about you baby, and glad she is good now. Ill be glad to hit you up when its time to do the real work on it. Cool thing about this s-12 there are a lot of them here in vegas so help may not be so hard to come by, my colt, well not one person ever came over to help, not one. I did everything solo. Kinda shocked looking back on ijt that I ever pulled it off.... anyway ya, if I can get a long block ill swap it in for now, and then...... well F-it will got det. No reason to fight it. Everyone here is right about it way spend a ass load on a motor that will only make me nuts.

Offline deco

« Reply #52 on: 10:06:26 AM / 14-Jun-11 »
Ok..... today should be the day...... well not the day I get me car going, but the day I start putting the money together for it. Looks like I'm going back to work. So with that said, I won't be on here posting useless posts as much, but when I do post, it will be because I have money to buy things...... like a ca18det....... unless I get a long block befor I save enough money...

Offline IggyEGuana

• Builder - Driver
  • S12 Guru
« Reply #53 on: 02:08:26 AM / 15-Jun-11 »
congratz!

Drift Build Thread

Offline deco

« Reply #54 on: 07:50:34 AM / 15-Jun-11 »
Fuck ya its 6am and I'm at a job sight. Been a long time. But there is money up in that tower. A lot of it to. As soon as I put a few checks together ill start buying shit. When that happens ill change the title to " I'm now building it, skip to page____."

Offline sideways_s12

• CS12 OG
  • Global Moderator
  • S12 Guru
  • Vehicle: 1987 Nissan 200SX
  • Quit Fuckin around and start the car!
« Reply #55 on: 12:11:00 PM / 24-Jun-11 »
Lol good shit.

Offline deco

« Reply #56 on: 04:37:50 PM / 23-Jul-11 »
Ok everyone, as i said the last time here i would be doing something soon, well here goes. I will be dropping around 1500-2k in augest on it. I have not only decided, but have my first of 2 motors ill be building for this, all lined up. it will be Ka and ill be doing a mostly stock rebuild with a low boost turbo set up to start things off. I know i was talking about leaving it alone but there are problems with the exterior of this car. inside is good, but i will be needen a new front lip, driver side fender, and door. the po had a lil damage thats a lil worse than looks from the outside. i pulled the door, and started to drop the bumper and fender to try and bend parts back but someone already tried that so theres not much left to work with now. Anyway i will be painting it, it will be like a satin olivey green, with satin black roof, hood, hatch and plastics. well thats what im wanting but we will see how that ends up. anyway i am also thinking i want to run a 3" downpipe and as soon as it bends under the fire wall id like to split the exhaust into a pair of 2.25-2.5" pipes going back to some magnaflows. what does anyone here think. how big of a down pipe can get me under the car? i have seen alot of guys sayen its a tight run, but i wont be running a v6 or v8 so i should have a bit more room right?
well thats it for now, soon enough ill be posting pics. if anyone has any ideas about the exaust please post them up. thanks

Offline IggyEGuana

• Builder - Driver
  • S12 Guru
« Reply #57 on: 07:14:47 PM / 23-Jul-11 »
ahhhh!

No KA. i can see why u dont want to keep the ca18et. thats understandable. and maybe u have some strange reason for not liking the ca18det.. who knows.(even tho in naturally belongs in the S12 chassis)  But jesus please dont go KA. SR20DET!!!!!! is the next logical step.  KA+T has money holes in its build progression. think in terms of HP per Dollar

No green. For the love of god keep the rare turbo orange. hit up Keith for the color code info. parts of his car have been resprayed and i've never been able to tell which parts

single 3" exhaust from the turbo back. 1 turbo means 1 exhaust pipe

my suggestions are based on experience and opinion. ignore as necessary

Drift Build Thread

Offline deco

« Reply #58 on: 09:41:07 PM / 23-Jul-11 »
 The ka is a decision that has taken a very long time to come to. Getting a 18det will be more money than building a ka. I have found a few 18det's out there but never for under 7 or 800, and that's going to need some work. I'm not out to buy someone elses used headache. I want a compleatly rebuilt motor. Something new, when I was looking for a det I was looking for one that needed a rebuild. But even worse is, the small stuff. The dumb little parts that are only a few bucks but on a ca or sr, new impossable to find. I don't need that. I want a 18det. Really I do, I would prefer that, but I had to get over the want and be realistic. This will be my dd when its done. The hyundai is going be bye, and I need this car to be 100% all the time. I have heard all the storys about ka's but I have also read all the builds that went well. Anyway unless a rebuildable det fell in my lap with a price tag of say oh I don't know, 2-300 bucks, ka will be my choice. And as for the paint. YES!!!!! I was trying to get a reaction from someone. The car will remain copper, but I will be adding a lil satin black for some 2 tone action.

Offline Jeremy A

• Vehicle: 1984 Nissan 200SX
  • S12 Daily Driver
« Reply #59 on: 10:08:02 PM / 23-Jul-11 »
Your build sounds like it will have some good thought behind it man.  It will be a solid, reliable KAT I'm sure,  I'm extremely stoked for whatever plans you decide on.  I've become a die hard CA18DET lover like Waylon,  and my S12's gonna get one no matter what the time or cost!  Haha,  that's just me though,  and I get your reasoning for the KA.  Keep us posted my man!