Club-S12 International S12OC United Kingdom ClubS12 France S12Silvia Australia S12.org.ua Eastern Europe S12 of Sweden S12 Japan BBS
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: SR20DET swap to MKI 84 SRA  (Read 5752 times)

Offline stocks12

SR20DET swap to MKI 84 SRA
« on: 11:29:54 AM / 28-Apr-14 »
I've been reading into things on here but all I can seem to find is that the KA swap is similar to the SR swap, how similar is it? Are wires the same on KA and SR?  I want to get one done by the end of the month, and would I have to modify trans tunnel more than just cutting a longer hole for shifter to stick through?

Is there anyone active with an MKI Hatch swap'd sr? if so how do you like it and did it fulfill your expectations?
Post Merge
p.s. the CA20E is a tank, but is simply too slow.. :\
« Last Edit: 11:30:34 AM / 28-Apr-14 by stocks12 »

Facebook Share    

Offline Basic

Re: SR20DET swap to MKI 84 SRA
« Reply #1 on: 05:56:34 PM / 28-Apr-14 »
I'll answer the easy one - its not the same wiring. As for difficulty, IDK as I've never done it. There in probably lies your problem - not as many people have swapped an SR into a S12 as have swapped a KA. I have helped in swapping an SR into an s13, and that wasn't terribly difficult, so I can see why it may not be too bad to swap it into an S12.
Hey, truck engine + truck turbo - why not?

Offline nismo200sx16

• http://www.cardomain.com/id/nismo200sx20
« Reply #2 on: 08:14:52 PM / 28-Apr-14 »
I thought that the sr was done a lot on here by now. I know I was one of the first back in the day but have seen many on here since. and have seen more info on here about how to make it work. only one that I can think of that was sra . dont know if any one knows what drive shaft combo will work  with the sra. but the swap is not to bad. front mounts will bolt in with s13 mounts. custom trans mount and cut out shifter hole unless doing the bellhousing swap on to the ca18 trans. I wired my sr up with relays and switches instead of splicing in to the s12 mess of wires. custom drive shaft is not that big of a deal. about $250 for a custom steel drive shaft and about $400 if you get an aluminum one made. you can check out my cardomain if you want to look at the wiring stuff and swap pix.

Offline D-sport S12

• Vehicle: 1986 Nissan S12
« Reply #3 on: 12:15:25 AM / 29-Apr-14 »
Wiring specialties makes a super sick universal/race harness for sr20, just got mine and love it
Jesse R

Keichi Tsuchiya: "I'm afraid if I raced you on the street I'd push you to your death."

Offline nismo200sx16

• http://www.cardomain.com/id/nismo200sx20
« Reply #4 on: 09:52:00 PM / 30-Apr-14 »
wow I wish I had that harness kit when I did mine. that is well worth the money. almost makes me want to put a sr in something else now.

Offline D-sport S12

• Vehicle: 1986 Nissan S12
« Reply #5 on: 07:55:03 AM / 01-May-14 »
wow I wish I had that harness kit when I did mine. that is well worth the money. almost makes me want to put a sr in something else now.

It is, I had a factory sr harness and it was just getting old and breaking all the time. Plus all the different Mar adapter s/iat
Jesse R

Keichi Tsuchiya: "I'm afraid if I raced you on the street I'd push you to your death."