Project: Fairlady Silvia - 1987 200sx SEv6...

Started by Wonderingraven, 09:54:17 PM / 01-Jun-11

Previous topic - Next topic

Wonderingraven

Working on the wiring now.

Currently doing an J30 to Z31 -> S12 write up.

Am I missing anything on this? if so what is it and why?

Hacker | Streamer | Gamer | Drifter
1987 - Project: Excalibur Prime
1986 - Project: Serenity

Wonderingraven

The wiring idea was good and all with the stock ecu, but I have decided to go a different route and just go MS3.
Here is the guide I will be using for this side of things as I got lost in hell trying to find the wiring on the s12 side for the ignition conversion, instead of on going troubleshooting I've decided to take a step back and go with a much simpler solution (if you have followed this thread, you can fully understand why I decided this route finally)

https://www.diyautotune.com/support/tech/install/nissan-datsun/megasquirt-your-z32-300zx/

Wonderingraven

Just an FYI, when doing the starter z1 motorsports sells an N/A to turbo starter plate shim that is required if you are using the j30 auto bellhousing to z33 jimwolf mod. Something they didn't explain to you.
spent the weekend down to knowing the starter works, verification of the wiring is correct to turn the key and start. N/A starter will not turn an turbo flywheel with out the shim.

iceageg

This is why this site is so much better than the Facebook page.  Thanks as always for documenting.
Quote from: VG33ERGazelle? on 04:50:38 PM / 26-Aug-11
I was afraid all the five gallon buckets of pain stacked four high were going to fall over

Wonderingraven

Yeah!

DIYAuto is sending the prebuilt unit for an z32 / 300zx motor.  The MS3 + MS3x and wiring. So next step is to start cleaning up both inside the car and the engine bay because it's going to be started soon + idling.

Next will be hunting for someone to craft me some headers.

sideways_s12

Quote from: iceageg on 07:22:52 AM / 12-Jan-21
This is why this site is so much better than the Facebook page.  Thanks as always for documenting.

Big facts! wandering has been the lone poster along with a few others lol

Wonderingraven

Raven is easier, but *Wondering* I am a thinker, hacker if you will. =)
I am not aimlessly moving around. lol

Megasquirt 3 is in today with the wiring harnesses as soon as I turn key start this up, I will be sourcing out someone to finally do up a set of headers.  Might schedule a time with best mufflers or something.

Wonderingraven

I am building a huge how to documentation on the whole MS3x wire up for the vg30de swap.  seems that this whole guide is lacking everywhere especially in the 300zx / z32 world.
I am rewiring the whole eFan's to let MS3 handle it including the fuel pump.

Wonderingraven

Alright more work progress has been done.  I had to rethink the whole ecu processes.
There is no ignition input to trigger the ecu like if it was a dizzy setup, so I had to remove all thoughts on installing anytype of ignition starting.

Of course I attempted to start the car to test the input from the starter verifying that it does turn and it does! just ecu has no idea on what to do yet, so I am learning what Tunerstudio has to offer. This is where I shine as I do alot of RTFM.
I went through and verified alot of wiring.

I think the headlight switch in this car is broken as all I get if consistent brakes and the mod for the brakes under brake pedal aaaa

sideways_s12

Wonderingraven

Trying to get a base tune for the vg30de/rb25 to work from I am still rather new to MS3.

Max

Can't wait for this thing to be finished.  If I ever felt the need to swap the vg33 out, this is what I would do... would probably try to keep it simpler though with stock vg trans and electronics.  Very cool swap regardless!

Wonderingraven

it took 2 shims to get this to actually work right. JWT recommend using the Twin Turbo automatic bellhousing that is super rare to find in vegas and outskirts... so instead of 1 it needed 2 shims
here is what I mean https://www.z1motorsports.com/transmission-driveline/ramey/starter-shim-plate-p-2945.html

It starts, needs a correct tune and exhaust so I am building some from 2 different exhausts, modifying both the j30's exhaust and the s12's Y pipe. creating something for now.

This exhaust is temp anyways until this is fully done and drivable, in the future this will be upgraded to a twinturbo setup.

JonB

Nice work. That's a pretty epic feat squeezing that in there.

Wonderingraven

Been troubleshooting some wiring, but
here is what I am doing so far.

sideways_s12

What are you hosting your pics on to beable to post them here?

Wonderingraven

I, being a small business owner of various projects, I use a personal car blog I've created.
I call it TougeSW, https://tougesw.com
Recently I've found and had to bring back from the dead was TougeNW https://tougenw.com

Shameless plug time:
I have been doing webhosting / designing / graphic designing on the side since 1999 turned it into a business as of 2004 and called it -> DorkMedia https://dorkmedia.com
I started my career in IT by being a blackhat hacker turned good in 1999 -> started up WRNET and recently turned focus on a product / services called WRNet:Sec (Cyber Security Fused IT Service Management) https://sec.wonderingraven.net
Turned my RavenPC to focus on custom computer sales at https://ravenpc.com

Wonderingraven

Having someone double check the ECU to see why I am only pulling 7v from the battery, or why the ecu is only reporting 7v out of 12v, causing alot of errors writing to the ecu.  Verified the battery is pulling 12v.

Max

Quick question: Is the vg30de a front sump oil pan? For some reason I thought it was a rear sump, but don't remember reading anything about that in this thread.

Wonderingraven

Quote from: Max on 01:15:28 PM / 08-Mar-21
Quick question: Is the vg30de a front sump oil pan? For some reason I thought it was a rear sump, but don't remember reading anything about that in this thread.

Infiniti j30 has the front sump pan while the 300zx (z32) has the rear sump.