Club-S12 International S12OC United Kingdom ClubS12 France S12Silvia Australia S12.org.ua Eastern Europe S12 of Sweden S12 Japan BBS
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: S14 SR20DE - no spark  (Read 3447 times)

Offline henge

S14 SR20DE - no spark
« on: 10:55:34 PM / 25-Jul-11 »

So basically, I finally tried to start the engine. It's getting fuel and turns over just fine, but there is no spark. There is power going to the plug for the coil, but when I put the circuit tester on the coil, it barely lights up. (where it sends power to the distributor cap, that little post on the bottom right in that picture). Does this just mean that the coil is bad or could it be an issue with the way the power transistor is wired up? Also, if anyone has a wiring diagram or ecu pinout for a Silvia E-S14 SR20DE, I would greatly appreciate it!

Facebook Share    

Offline seishuku

• 1998CC's of fun!
  • S12 Guru
  • Vehicle: 1987 Nissan S12
Re: S14 SR20DE - no spark
« Reply #1 on: 11:35:04 PM / 25-Jul-11 »
Wiring diagram? Ha, good luck.
Closest you can get would be a 95+ SR sentra/200sx or a 95+ 240sx, those both have internal coil distributor (sentra SR coil might fit in the RWD distributor).

If it's a weak spark, it could really be either the coil or power transistor. Unfortuantly the power transistor is built into the CAS, so it's expensive as hell! And I'm still not 100% sure how the coil comes out, I've never been able to get mine out. :lol:
Matt W.
Daily: 2011 Camaro V6
Previous: 2013 VW Jetta TDI super polluter (getting bought back)

Offline henge

« Reply #2 on: 12:50:49 PM / 26-Jul-11 »
Any chance you know how  the CAS portion of out is supposed to be wired up to make sure I didn't cross a wire somewhere. I took it apart yesterday, just a couple of screws and then pry it apart.

Offline seishuku

• 1998CC's of fun!
  • S12 Guru
  • Vehicle: 1987 Nissan S12
« Reply #3 on: 04:27:28 PM / 26-Jul-11 »
Well I didn't want to risk breaking something, so I didn't try very hard. :lol:

If I recall correctly, the CAS wires are the same as an S13 SR20DET, same pins at the ECU anyway, the wiring at the CAS is a little different, but basically it's:
pin 6 is A (black, ground)
pin 5 is B (black/white, power)
pin 4 is C (black, position)
pin 3 is D (white, reference)

I think the pin numbers and letters are labeled on the distributor/CAS.
Matt W.
Daily: 2011 Camaro V6
Previous: 2013 VW Jetta TDI super polluter (getting bought back)