Club-S12 International S12OC United Kingdom ClubS12 France S12Silvia Australia S12.org.ua Eastern Europe S12 of Sweden S12 Japan BBS
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Duplicate accounts, and what not to do if you can't get into your account  (Read 2445 times)

Offline Arro

• Administrator
  • S12 Guru
  • Vehicle: 1985 Nissan 200SX
    • http://www.cardomain.com/id/arro200sx
Once in awhile, someone forces us to make an example of them... sometimes anonymously, sometimes not. This time, the former.

After asking someone on here why they created a second account, the response was less than friendly.... we were basically told that if he wanted to handle it that way, he could, and it wasn't a big deal if people create duplicate accounts... and that we were "dicks". I'm leaving out the more disrespectful sentiments, but you get the idea.

Let me explain to everyone that this software is very advanced, far more than your average php or Invision based forum software. We not only can identify IP information, but we can identify who uses the IP, and other information like what IP has been used with what accounts... host information, and a slew of other tools that were NOT on our previous software (which was Invision). Basically we might not catch it immediately, but we can and do discover duplicate accounts.

This stems from our battle on spam accounts, and is how we have managed to keep this place essentially spam-free for your enjoyment. The side benefit is when someone is trying to create another account to get around a reprimand (a muted account or a banned one), or when someone creates a second account because they couldn't get into their original one, we are able to spot it and take appropriate action.

Of course, if you're muted and we catch you going around it, you're going to be banned. If you're banned on the new software, it's brutal the options we have to block viewing.

Now, if you can't get into your account, and you create a new one, we will usually ask you why and work with you to reopen your previous one. Often times, it's as simple as resetting the password and then deleting the new account. However, WE MUST POINT OUT HERE that it is preferred that you CONTACT US to let us know you created the account. What is more, WE MUST ALSO POINT OUT that there is a "CONTACT" tab at the top of every page that is accessible by ANYONE, logged in or NOT. We would prefer you use that.

Before someone asks, it's always a good idea to keep the database as clean as possible... from spam accounts, and from needless extra accounts. It's just as important as the yearly pruning we do on old threads, and in tech threads to remove conversations that move way off topic. Keeping the forum streamlined is part of why this place works as well as it does. We do more than police the kidz and move threads to proper places... we actually maintain this place... it takes work. Maybe some people might not appreciate that, or think that taking it even a little serious is stupid... that this is "just the internet".

I think you can judge for yourself based on what has been said above, about how we as admins here feel about that sentiment.

Anyways, most of you respect this place and are here for the right reasons. But just help us keep it straight.

Facebook Share    

-Jason Arro

'85 Nissan 200SX (KA24DE)
formerly,
'85 Nissan Silvia RS-X - FJ20 w/ dual Weber carbs
'84 Nissan 200SX Turbo
'85 Nissan 200SX Turbo
Drive it like you stole it, and work on it like you married it - self quote
Quote from: ka-t.org
Hella flush and all associates should be gunned down for brainwashing people into thinking a 225 and lots of camber is proper wheel fitment. THAT IS EASY, anyone can camber a skinny as tire till it dosnt rub. Now fitting an 11 with a 315 on stock fender with reasonable camber, that is fitment. And looks, and performs better than both.
i dont own a s12 at the moment but trying to acquire one to get rid of my s13 hatch
Quote from: SHOUTBOX
[27:54] zastaba: I had a friend touch the contacts on his distributer once
[28:04] zastaba: He did the super jumping up and down pain dance

Offline Deezus

• Deezus Christ.
Im ganna make a second account and troll myself.

Deez why the flip are you so smart sometimes.

OMFG THE TROLL IS OUT!

Deezus is always in maximum trollverdrive mode.

Offline Arro

• Administrator
  • S12 Guru
  • Vehicle: 1985 Nissan 200SX
    • http://www.cardomain.com/id/arro200sx
Here's to hopin' :thumbsup:
-Jason Arro

'85 Nissan 200SX (KA24DE)
formerly,
'85 Nissan Silvia RS-X - FJ20 w/ dual Weber carbs
'84 Nissan 200SX Turbo
'85 Nissan 200SX Turbo
Drive it like you stole it, and work on it like you married it - self quote
Quote from: ka-t.org
Hella flush and all associates should be gunned down for brainwashing people into thinking a 225 and lots of camber is proper wheel fitment. THAT IS EASY, anyone can camber a skinny as tire till it dosnt rub. Now fitting an 11 with a 315 on stock fender with reasonable camber, that is fitment. And looks, and performs better than both.
i dont own a s12 at the moment but trying to acquire one to get rid of my s13 hatch
Quote from: SHOUTBOX
[27:54] zastaba: I had a friend touch the contacts on his distributer once
[28:04] zastaba: He did the super jumping up and down pain dance

Offline Deezus

• Deezus Christ.
or just double troll power.

Deez why the flip are you so smart sometimes.

OMFG THE TROLL IS OUT!

Deezus is always in maximum trollverdrive mode.