Club-S12 International S12OC United Kingdom ClubS12 France S12Silvia Australia S12.org.ua Eastern Europe S12 of Sweden S12 Japan BBS
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: view first unread  (Read 4865 times)

Offline bluke1

view first unread
« on: 12:41:20 AM / 10-Oct-11 »
i've fallen away from this site after the new version came out because it is to difficult to navigate. all the other forums I participate in have a 'view first unread' button that takes you to the new posts. If I go to a 50 page build thread I don't know how to find the last place I read, and don't want to start from the beginning every time. If this exists already, where is it?

Facebook Share    

on a long enough timeline, everyones survival rate drops to zero

86 200sx notch racecar (soon to be kade)
86 200sx notch ka swap project
87 200sx se welded diff beater
87 200sx se daily driver
76 cadillac miller meteor endloader hearse

Offline Prolowtone

• Mr. Clean
  • CONTRIBUTING MEMBER
  • S12 Guru
  • Vehicle: 1985 Nissan 200SX
Re: view first unread
« Reply #1 on: 01:12:48 AM / 10-Oct-11 »
Show unread posts since last visit.  Top right corner :)
I keep my car cleaner then my room
Fuck you then, I'll take my movies, box of chocolates, bottle of wine and chloroform somewhere else.
Adding an SSD to that is kinda like strapping a 3 inch stainless HKS exhaust on a geo metro.

Offline spiderwebfx

« Reply #2 on: 03:27:15 AM / 10-Oct-11 »
Go to show unread posts and then click on "UPDATED"

That'll take you to first unread post.

Offline Xano

• Viva la Tropico!
  • Administrator
  • S12 Guru
  • Vehicle: 2014 Dodge Charger
    • This Isn't Over, LLC
« Reply #3 on: 06:40:38 AM / 10-Oct-11 »
click on the nice button that sits there taunting you.  It says
~xano

Offline Arro

• Administrator
  • S12 Guru
    • http://www.cardomain.com/id/arro200sx
« Reply #4 on: 11:24:20 AM / 10-Oct-11 »
Also, if you want to find posts you participated in, "Show new replies to your posts" helps a lot.

Most everything you could do on the previous software is exactly the same here too, it doesn't work differently. It just has more features.
-Jason Arro

'85 Nissan 200SX (KA24DE)
formerly,
'85 Nissan Silvia RS-X - FJ20 w/ dual Weber carbs
'84 Nissan 200SX Turbo
'85 Nissan 200SX Turbo
Drive it like you stole it, and work on it like you married it - self quote
Quote from: ka-t.org
Hella flush and all associates should be gunned down for brainwashing people into thinking a 225 and lots of camber is proper wheel fitment. THAT IS EASY, anyone can camber a skinny as tire till it dosnt rub. Now fitting an 11 with a 315 on stock fender with reasonable camber, that is fitment. And looks, and performs better than both.
i dont own a s12 at the moment but trying to acquire one to get rid of my s13 hatch
Quote from: SHOUTBOX
[27:54] zastaba: I had a friend touch the contacts on his distributer once
[28:04] zastaba: He did the super jumping up and down pain dance

Offline bluke1

« Reply #5 on: 06:00:37 PM / 10-Oct-11 »
'show unread' shows me every post in the forum i haven't read (which at this point is most all of them, and in no particular order) and last post takes me to the last post made, not the last post i have read. i am looking for the button that takes me to the last post i have read in a single thread of my choosing. for example- if i go to kusto's build thread and want to pick up where i left off, neither of those help. i know i have read many, many pages of it, so why can't i get back to the last one i read? does that work for you guys?
« Last Edit: 06:04:48 PM / 10-Oct-11 by bluke1 »

87 200sx se daily driver

Offline Xano

• Viva la Tropico!
  • Administrator
  • S12 Guru
    • This Isn't Over, LLC
« Reply #6 on: 11:31:37 PM / 10-Oct-11 »
Dude, this has been a feature of this software the entire time.  Looks like its been a button you could click on forever and a day ago.  Its the UPDATED button, just below the thread title. ]

Edit: Repositioned Updated button, should be easier to spot now?  It was pretty obvious before though, All i did was move it a bit further to the right...
~xano

Offline silverton

« Reply #7 on: 11:21:38 AM / 11-Oct-11 »
Dude, this has been a feature of this software the entire time.  Looks like its been a button you could click on forever and a day ago.  Its the UPDATED button, just below the thread title. ]

Edit: Repositioned Updated button, should be easier to spot now?  It was pretty obvious before though, All i did was move it a bit further to the right...

You moved it?  I don't notice!
-Dennis

BoostedVG (in regards to people hating on the VG) - Me thinks they were not the mechanic they thought and blamed it all on the engine.

Colonol Gustard - youre one of the few people that represent the s12 chassis like a boss!

Offline Xano

• Viva la Tropico!
  • Administrator
  • S12 Guru
    • This Isn't Over, LLC
« Reply #8 on: 01:12:45 PM / 11-Oct-11 »
Yeah lol, I moved it from under the thread title to off to the right of the thread title.
~xano

Offline bluke1

« Reply #9 on: 04:57:24 PM / 11-Oct-11 »
Xano, I get what you are saying. What I am saying is that I can hit "update" on a long thread that I have posted in, and it takes me to page 1 post 1. My post may be on page 32 of 60 so pg1 is clearly not the one that I have read. Understand?

87 200sx se daily driver

Offline Xano

• Viva la Tropico!
  • Administrator
  • S12 Guru
    • This Isn't Over, LLC
« Reply #10 on: 09:55:57 PM / 11-Oct-11 »
No, I don't.  The old software had nothing like that either.  Sorry, I guess you will never be happy with the new software.  I'm sorry dude.

I think I do understand though, you want something that takes you to YOUR last post in a thread.  Is that a more accurate description of what you want?

http://www.google.com/search?gcx=c&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8&q=smf+go+to+your+last+post+in+a+thread

From what a few of the various posts there say, it appears that it's not just you that requests that, but its not so common as to warrant anyone actually making the code for it.  Keep in mind, I'll be updating this forum to SMF2 soon(tm).  I've got spare time again in my life, so I want to see what work is needed to get us on SMF2 from what we are using now.  Our system has the same features, SMF2 just has more polish and is faster to respond.
~xano

Offline Arro

• Administrator
  • S12 Guru
« Reply #11 on: 01:15:32 AM / 12-Oct-11 »
He's right; what you're asking about never existed as a feature in the previous software, either; Whatever could be done in Invision (the previous software) can be done here.

Can it be done in the future? Possibly. But I'm a bit disappointed that somewhere along the way, you feel we "lost" some functionality, because in fact we have not.

Unless we are misunderstanding you still (or you are misexplaining it).
-Jason Arro

formerly,
'84 Nissan 200SX Turbo
'85 Nissan 200SX Turbo
Hella flush and all associates should be gunned down for brainwashing people into thinking a 225 and lots of camber is proper wheel fitment. THAT IS EASY, anyone can camber a skinny as tire till it dosnt rub. Now fitting an 11 with a 315 on stock fender with reasonable camber, that is fitment. And looks, and performs better than both.
i dont own a s12 at the moment but trying to acquire one to get rid of my s13 hatch

Offline bluke1

« Reply #12 on: 05:32:42 PM / 12-Oct-11 »
not trying to find my last post. let me ask you this. when you keep up with multipage threads that have been added to for months (such as a build thread), do you have to remember the last post you have read in order to find the new posts? or do you have a way to go to the new posts?

87 200sx se daily driver

Offline Arro

• Administrator
  • S12 Guru
« Reply #13 on: 05:57:14 PM / 12-Oct-11 »
YES. Always has been like that. Otherwise it takes you to the most recent page. If you haven't been back for months, you have to backtrack a bit (or so). That's pretty much allforum software. Even the previous one.

Just means you need to sign in more often to keep current ;)
-Jason Arro

formerly,
'84 Nissan 200SX Turbo
'85 Nissan 200SX Turbo

Offline bluke1

« Reply #14 on: 06:07:37 PM / 12-Oct-11 »
true, i need to get on more. just hate re-reading everything trying to find the new stuff. all other forums i am on have a button that make it easy.

87 200sx se daily driver

Offline Arro

• Administrator
  • S12 Guru
« Reply #15 on: 07:07:47 PM / 12-Oct-11 »
Well I talked with Ben about it and he's looking into it. If it's doable, he can write the code for it. So who knows. But yeah Brent, seriously you should tune in more, and update us on what's going on with your own S12 endeavors. You have the more interesting story among us all.
-Jason Arro

formerly,
'84 Nissan 200SX Turbo
'85 Nissan 200SX Turbo

Offline Xano

• Viva la Tropico!
  • Administrator
  • S12 Guru
    • This Isn't Over, LLC
« Reply #16 on: 07:19:17 PM / 12-Oct-11 »
That would be the Updated button you are talking about arro.  there are two buttons, one is updated, and goes to the last point you read to, and one is the last post button, and that, as is apparent, takes you to the last post in the thread.
~xano

Offline bluke1

« Reply #17 on: 09:24:56 PM / 12-Oct-11 »
you know whats funny, this page goes to the last post when i click on it, the function i am missing everywhere else. i wonder if it somehow forgot what i have read and i have to start over on the other pages......

87 200sx se daily driver

Offline Xano

• Viva la Tropico!
  • Administrator
  • S12 Guru
    • This Isn't Over, LLC
« Reply #18 on: 10:47:08 PM / 12-Oct-11 »
lol, its possible, or its possible that after a certain time away, it clears out the record in whatever database it has, to help conserve server space.  The updated button generally does what you're asking for, it just seems that the few times you've tried it, it may have cleared out or forgotten you for some reason or another.
~xano

Offline bluke1

« Reply #19 on: 06:07:34 PM / 13-Oct-11 »
it quit working after the new look came about, which is why i quit logging in. come for info. and just spent too much time reading stuff i had already seen. must have lost my history, but clearly it works now, if i read stuff now it should start working, i will let you know if i still have difficulties in the tech areas.

87 200sx se daily driver