New buzz

Started by Ju_S12_Turbo, 01:38:55 AM / 31-Oct-11

Previous topic - Next topic

Ju_S12_Turbo

I think we should take down the "buzz" on the front page. Its a great idea, but I think because it is over a year old and never updated, it give this site a dated feel to it for people who don't come here that often (imo). As to replace it, I am open to whatever. It could just be a simple backdrop of someones S12 that changes month to month depend on votes from the member or something. Its just a idea (I hate when people ask for something and don't give any suggestions lol) and I am sure other people might have some as well.

Jeremy A

I agree,  I've come to adore that front page don't get me wrong,  but why not have something new up there?  I think the monthly S12 backdrop is a really cool idea to,  Ju_S12_Turbo.

Xano

That would be Arro's thing, I'm not a writer.
~xano

Arro

I've actually decided to do something different with the front page... Colin and I discussed things relating to the world's S12 sources, and I'm going to be tailoring the front page entries to be more of a showcase of S12 things... of featured cars, of things that have happened... but not with the intent of constant updates such as a blog (like S12silvia). I want it to serve as a good place to show off what an S12 is.

Let's say you have a buddy who you want to introduce S12's to, show 'em what they are. You just type in club-s12.org and hit the enter key. The main page is a showcase of what S12's are in their top form, from around the world, and some elements of the communities that support them. If you want to know more details, you sign up on the forums, or you visit s12silvia's blog, or both.

But I want the home page for Club-S12 to be less of a blog and more of a stronger, well-planned representation of S12's.

I actually need to talk with Ben more about this.. he's right, I'm the writer, but he's the genius coder and we really need to put our skills together again, because in the past when we've done so, the results were phenomenal.

Tonight was the first time in many weeks that I've even done so much as peek at the forum... I've been so busy with school. School is coming to an end soon with a break over the holidays, so I'm catching up and want to put some attention back to it.

-Jason Arro

'85 Nissan 200SX (KA24DE)
formerly,
'85 Nissan Silvia RS-X - FJ20 w/ dual Weber carbs
'84 Nissan 200SX Turbo
'85 Nissan 200SX Turbo
Drive it like you stole it, and work on it like you married it - self quote
Quote from: ka-t.orgHella flush and all associates should be gunned down for brainwashing people into thinking a 225 and lots of camber is proper wheel fitment. THAT IS EASY, anyone can camber a skinny as tire till it dosnt rub. Now fitting an 11 with a 315 on stock fender with reasonable camber, that is fitment. And looks, and performs better than both.
Quote from: s-chassis_only on 07:43:21 PM / 25-Sep-10 i dont own a s12 at the moment but trying to acquire one to get rid of my s13 hatch
Quote from: SHOUTBOX[27:54] zastaba: I had a friend touch the contacts on his distributer once
[28:04] zastaba: He did the super jumping up and down pain dance

8SixS12

That's great Arro!  Glad to see the wheels turning again.  As far as info for the front page, I would like to suggest putting a history of the S12 there as well.  Just my 2 cents. 
"Sense is not always common" -self quote

My Build Thread: http://club-s12.org/retro4/index.php?topic=36053.0