[IN] Fs: my s12 for $18,000

Started by jimbrowniii, 05:57:10 PM / 14-Nov-11

Previous topic - Next topic

jimbrowniii

O_o

nismo200sx16

I think this thread is exactly why my s12 will never be sold. would have to give it away. just keep it and have fun with it. you cant get you money back. if you only have 8k sell it for 3 or 4k . shit if I could get half of the 20k sunk in mine it would probably be gone. so it stays here for when I feel like going for a rip.

VG30_S12

^^^ this
I've probably got more than 6k into mine and all I've to show for it is a ka swap and some mesh ssrs... But thats mostly to me beinga dummy on some things(not to mentions all the borked fj20ets and parts)

Anyway id be lucky that even though mine is an original fj car from over the pond, if I saw 2k for it an thats a push... I'm in deep financial trouble and its just literally not worth it to sell me car so I'll keep it and dump more money into the pit... Besides I love the lil fucker ;)

Don't be a fan boy and follow whatever car you get your hand on likei did... Stick with it, I went through the same thing with my s12
1984 Nissan 200sx S12 (FJ20E/KA24DE) its back on bitches >:)
1983 Datsun 280zx megasquirt project (H8FE02)
1996 Jeep Grand Cherokee - Family Hauler/Parts Grabber
"sounds like youve got a serious case of being a WHINY LITTLE BITCH, i'm prescribing you a large dose of MAN THE FUCK UP!!!!"
~friend

jimbrowniii

Thanks for all the comments guys, good and bad, cause I now have a little more love for my junky s12 with crappy knuckles, stupid suspension,welded diff, and retarded sr swap instead of a common low powered single cam ka, cut springs, and open diff.

deco

Jeremy A

Quote from: jimbrowniii on 05:34:37 PM / 15-Nov-11
I guess I'm a drifting fanboy :) I hate seeing the same old crap at events. My car isn't perfect. It's solid and no rust holes anywhere. I like building cars not everyone goes to first and I like to do the best I can at it. I bought good parts and I paid too much, apparently, for what I do have. No big deal to me. I'll keep it and drift the snot out of it until somebody wants it enough to offer me something that gets my attention. I get bored easily call it car a.d.d. I have a high price to drive away the broke fanboys and get something else that's also worth having. Don't like it, oh well. I think it's pretty awesome. Maybe next year I'll dump another 7-8k into it then I'll repost it for 14k without a problem. For those who don't see this as a insane price and know what it takes to build cars that aren't flooding the market already (240sx and the like) I thank you for looking. I should have made the title FT: instead since that's really what I'm shooting for anyhow. Thanks for all the comments guys, good and bad, cause I now have a little more love for my junky s12 with crappy knuckles, stupid suspension,welded diff, and retarded sr swap instead of a common low powered single cam ka, cut springs, and open diff.

I think you've got the right idea,  just keep it man,  and if you're more active on the forum and whatnot maybe you'll gain some more respect from everyone around here,  I love having more people around who love these S12's as much as we do.  So if you don't HAVE to sell it,  keep it,  because at the moment you're not going to get your asking price  :\  and there's nothing we can do about it, you know?  Just keep it and continue to enjoy it if you can,  that's what it's all about!  :grinwink:

sunny1600

I have spend over more then 10k on my S12 Grand Prix but would never sell it for less.

I love that car and S12's are becoming more and more valued in my country. The prices go up too.

GLWS I do understand your pov.
Nordschleife laps counter
2009: 4
2010:24
2011: 11

VG30_S12

Ami weird for saying that if i had 10k, id totally spend it ether buying a grand prix or id spend it turning mine into one(which tbh I'm not too far)
1984 Nissan 200sx S12 (FJ20E/KA24DE) its back on bitches >:)
1983 Datsun 280zx megasquirt project (H8FE02)
1996 Jeep Grand Cherokee - Family Hauler/Parts Grabber
"sounds like youve got a serious case of being a WHINY LITTLE BITCH, i'm prescribing you a large dose of MAN THE FUCK UP!!!!"
~friend

cutter67

i have been following this thread and find it very interesting. i buy and sell a lot of cars it is my passion and i dont really care what they are. i have been doing this since i was 16 so over the last 35 years i hope i learned some things about buying and selling cars. this is what i feel is wrong with this sell. first you are dealing with a modified car and a car that everyone is not looking for which is two strikes the third strike is you have too much money in it which everyone has already said. thru the whole thread the seller has stated he would take a trade and he said that in his ad.. he also said he is bored with it which happens to all of us. if the seller did his homework he would know he was upside down in the car and the only way to get out from under it is take a big hit or go for the trade he should of stressed the trade. this how my ad would read for this car to get rid of it

1986 Nissan 200sx

I have 1986 nissan 200sx this is a rear wheel drive car with a 5spd with a lot of updates
looking for interesting trades
text or call 555-555-5555

four good pictures of car

make sure you wash and clean car good i dont care if you are selling a beater or something nice. you have to get people to call and ask about the car and come look at it dont put too much information in ad make them call for it. when you start saying things like drifting or listing everything you did to it will turn off 98% of the public. showing pictures of beating on the car takes care of another 1.5%. when people approach you with a trade look hard at it. say to youself how easy will this be to sell. like someone might offer you a 1996 4 door honda accord which would be a lot easier to sell because it appeals to a much larger customer base. the name of the game is get people in front of car so you can sell them on it....  just my thoughts

sideways_s12

Quote from: nismo200sx16 on 02:29:33 PM / 15-Nov-11
I think this thread is exactly why my s12 will never be sold. would have to give it away. just keep it and have fun with it. you cant get you money back. if you only have 8k sell it for 3 or 4k . shit if I could get half of the 20k sunk in mine it would probably be gone. so it stays here for when I feel like going for a rip.

Your car is the only one I would pay 7k for out of all the s12's lol I know that's a lowball offer especially after seeing your build thread but but yours is the only one I can see going for that much or even more....

To the OP glws bro but I'd keep it if I were you but then I'm biased towards s12's so take that for what it's worth....

S12Prelude

I better get some sucky sucky with that 7k

jimbrowniii

O_o

SchizophrenicMC

You want a legit offer? I'll trade my CA18DET for your S12. I will do this. The question is, will you?
Quote from: Jay on 10:44:55 PM / 03-Jun-12
Nah, quoted for future use because not only is it lame and old, but it's a direct link to Schizo posting up homoerotic menswear fanfiction.
Quotezololn: wheres the check engine light on the s12?

jimbrowniii

No thanks, I've already got a spare sr20det now.

SchizophrenicMC

But that isn't a CA18DET.

Anyway, there's your OBO. You ask me, I'd be taking the loss on it, but it's my best offer.
Nah, quoted for future use because not only is it lame and old, but it's a direct link to Schizo posting up homoerotic menswear fanfiction.

Prolowtone

Quote from: jimbrowniii on 05:08:07 PM / 30-Nov-11
I'm a little sad to see how worthless some of you guys feel your cars are..

We dont feel that our cars are worthless, i dont even know where you are getting that from. There is just no market for these cars as they are not well known... its a fact that almost 9 times out of ten people would choose a stock AE86 or 240 over an modded s12.  You can fight what the market has a demand for but your going to be losing money either way. We are not saying your car has not had alot of time and effort put into it and we are not trying to fight you, you just dont really seem like you want to sell it. You dont want any info or advise from other knowledgeable people that is fine.

Good luck with selling your car.
I keep my car cleaner then my room
Quote from: VG30DETT on 02:39:59 PM / 01-Oct-12
Fuck you then, I'll take my movies, box of chocolates, bottle of wine and chloroform somewhere else.
Quote from: StephenG on 08:06:21 PM / 28-Nov-12
Adding an SSD to that is kinda like strapping a 3 inch stainless HKS exhaust on a geo metro.

nismo_200sx

so wait your tired of seeing the same crap at drift events yet you put an sr in it? i sense some contradiction in this. put the price at 3k and you will have plenty of offers on selling it around here. and 3k is sort of a high estimate. its like putting a lamborghini engine into a delorean its still just a delorean.
1987 Nissan 200sx

sideways_s12

Quote from: Prolowtone on 09:29:23 PM / 30-Nov-11
We dont feel that our cars are worthless, i dont even know where you are getting that from. There is just no market for these cars as they are not well known... its a fact that almost 9 times out of ten people would choose a stock AE86 or 240 over an modded s12.  You can fight what the market has a demand for but your going to be losing money either way. We are not saying your car has not had alot of time and effort put into it and we are not trying to fight you, you just dont really seem like you want to sell it. You dont want any info or advise from other knowledgeable people that is fine.

Good luck with selling your car.

^^^THIS!

SchizophrenicMC

OP is trolling, is this legal?

jimbrowniii

Delete this all I'm over it i'll just keep it till I destroy it