Club-S12 International S12OC United Kingdom ClubS12 France S12Silvia Australia S12.org.ua Eastern Europe S12 of Sweden S12 Japan BBS
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Profile Image Selection Display  (Read 23721 times)

Offline Maxpow

• S12 Guru
  • Vehicle: 1987 Nissan S12
Re: Profile Image Selection Display
« Reply #20 on: 07:01:45 PM / 12-Dec-11 »
I hate programming. My mom's the VP of software engineering at Scantron...

I hate her job. She seems to like it though. I think it was her trying to get me to do what she does that turned me off.
« Last Edit: 07:02:08 PM / 12-Dec-11 by Maxpow »
1987 Nissan 200sx SE ("The Squirrely Drifter") - Totaled and Gone forever
1987 Nissan 200sx SE ("The Weebly Wobbler") - Impounded and Gone forever
2007 Kia Spectra - Fantastic Daily Driver - Custom CAI, NGK wires/plugs.
2002 Hyundai Accent - Totaled and Gone Forever.

MAXPOW'S PARTS SALES: http://club-s12.org/v3/index.php?topic=31350.new#new
SEND ME A PMhttp://club-s12.org/v3/index.php?action=pm;sa=send;u=2092 /EMAIL Maxpow99@hotmail.com

Certified Member of SoCal Parts Alliance.

And, I'm going to say this publicly. Maxpow knows how to keep me at bay, while still laughing with him. Take lessons y'all

Offline Shark808

« Reply #21 on: 11:08:42 PM / 12-Dec-11 »
I worked for this little company called CSC and loved the smell of mainframe in the morning.  There were periods of weeks where I did nothing.  Had to keep myself entertained so I played practical jokes, read users I/O buffers, email...  With a reputation like this I was often "accused" of shit when it happened.  Once a programmer went to their director and accused me of fuckin with her source code.  I wasn't.  But after the false accusation I lowered her system priority and time-slice to the lowest level possible for a couple days.
« Last Edit: 05:11:02 AM / 17-Feb-12 by Shark808 »
"I know what I believe. I will continue to articulate what I believe and what I believe -- I believe what I believe is right."

Offline Maxpow

• S12 Guru
  • Vehicle: 1987 Nissan S12
« Reply #22 on: 12:05:25 AM / 13-Dec-11 »
Funny my mom and my grandfather both worked for CSC in the mid to late 90's. Grandfather actually worked there for like 30 years.
« Last Edit: 12:06:08 AM / 13-Dec-11 by Maxpow »
1987 Nissan 200sx SE ("The Squirrely Drifter") - Totaled and Gone forever
1987 Nissan 200sx SE ("The Weebly Wobbler") - Impounded and Gone forever
2007 Kia Spectra - Fantastic Daily Driver - Custom CAI, NGK wires/plugs.
2002 Hyundai Accent - Totaled and Gone Forever.

MAXPOW'S PARTS SALES: http://club-s12.org/v3/index.php?topic=31350.new#new
SEND ME A PMhttp://club-s12.org/v3/index.php?action=pm;sa=send;u=2092 /EMAIL Maxpow99@hotmail.com

Certified Member of SoCal Parts Alliance.

And, I'm going to say this publicly. Maxpow knows how to keep me at bay, while still laughing with him. Take lessons y'all

Offline Shark808

« Reply #23 on: 12:40:34 AM / 13-Dec-11 »
I been around since IBM System 3, then 360/370...  Yes, the card-reader days!  Hardware was at a premium so employee files were stored on 80-col Hollerith cards (cough, cough).  And the 2-mile barefoot walk to/from work in the snow wasn't exactly my idea of a good time.
« Last Edit: 12:51:53 AM / 13-Dec-11 by Shark808 »
"I know what I believe. I will continue to articulate what I believe and what I believe -- I believe what I believe is right."

Offline sam31183

• Dark Lord of The Drift
  • Moderators
  • S12 Guru
  • Vehicle: 1985 Nissan 200SX
« Reply #24 on: 01:10:52 AM / 13-Dec-11 »

Dave Coleman for President of Earth!!!!
Build Thread Hatch CA18DET Eventually a Track Whore
Build Thread Notch KA24DE Daily Driver

Quote from: Kustamogen
  haha me modding would be a disaster.....Id get all power hungry and  demand n00dz from everyone. Then make all the canadian s12er's come here  and massage my feet and make me jello pudding.

Actually....mod powers plz?!?!?!  0:)

Tedious?  This coming from a person who uses the word twice in a sentence?  I laughed repeatedly...

Offline Shark808

« Reply #25 on: 01:40:55 AM / 13-Dec-11 »
^
Thanks!  Fuckin hilarious!!!  Being a "surfer" I didn't fit the "nerd" persona.  They knew where I was if surfs up. 

EDIT:  Back to topic.  There are ways to arrange "garage" images.  Nuff said.

-Shark
« Last Edit: 09:22:52 AM / 13-Dec-11 by Shark808 »

Offline sam31183

• Dark Lord of The Drift
  • Moderators
  • S12 Guru
« Reply #26 on: 01:50:00 PM / 13-Dec-11 »
oh yah, i was going to ask....how did you manage to arrange them? Using a different photo host, linking the pics in the order I wanted them seemed to work fine for me....but even i thought that was a little tedious...although, I have a feeling your way might have been more tedious.

haha me modding would be a disaster.....Id get all power hungry and  demand n00dz from everyone. Then make all the canadian s12er's come here  and massage my feet and make me jello pudding.

Tedious?  This coming from a person who uses the word twice in a sentence?  I laughed repeatedly...

Offline Shark808

« Reply #27 on: 02:17:44 PM / 13-Dec-11 »
...but even i thought that was a little tedious...although, I have a feeling your way might have been more tedious.

Offline sam31183

• Dark Lord of The Drift
  • Moderators
  • S12 Guru
« Reply #28 on: 02:31:25 PM / 13-Dec-11 »
Lol...damnit shark, just answer the q....hahaha!

Offline Shark808

« Reply #29 on: 03:05:59 PM / 13-Dec-11 »
Having to wait a day to test my 1st theory was the worst part.  It's not date driven.  Not sorted by criteria.  After that it was child's play for me and Sir Jethro Bodine to cipher.  There are probably many ways of arranging garage images, but you seem to have answers.  You tell me how I did it?  Don't wanna bust any more bubbles than I already have.  I'm just a mere user.
« Last Edit: 03:07:28 PM / 13-Dec-11 by Shark808 »

Offline Xano

• Viva la Tropico!
  • Administrator
  • S12 Guru
  • Vehicle: 2014 Dodge Charger
    • This Isn't Over, LLC
« Reply #30 on: 01:45:55 AM / 14-Dec-11 »
How about stop being a smartass and tell people.  It's something I haven't dug into, and didn't intend to, as its not a big issue to me or to most users.

On another note, if you want to talk about code, I'll show you my pages upon pages of printouts of my COBOL project I've been working on for the fun of it, as well as some punch cards that have been out of order for a decade, though those weren't mine, those were my fathers.  Up for writing some multi-dimensional arrays in COBOL today?
~xano

Offline Shark808

« Reply #31 on: 02:16:46 AM / 14-Dec-11 »
I would choose Fortran over COBOL.  COBOL sucks!  Those source code printouts can stack a mile high.  But then again, "its not a big issue to me or to most users."

"How about stop being a smartass and tell people."
EDIT:  Approval pending.
« Last Edit: 12:19:07 PM / 14-Dec-11 by Shark808 »

Offline Shark808

« Reply #32 on: 02:00:56 AM / 23-Dec-11 »
Will use my Garage Images as an example.  I wanted to arrange images in order of exterior, interior, engine bay and misc.

I left 3 garage images (1-exterior, 1-interior and 1-engine bay) as delimiters in my garage image file. Then started loading a new set.  I notice erratic loading patterns up to my 5th image.  After loading 5th or 6th image, sequential order seemed to take effect.  I deleted delimiters/duplicates and was good to go.

Or do what Sam was referring to (I think) - append your images on download into a string.
ex: Photobucket.com/albums/?/account_name/image1/image2/image3...

There are probably a few other ways, but WTF.
programmer ex:  image_file = ((exterior;interior;engine;misc)1,2,3).jpg
« Last Edit: 09:43:34 AM / 31-Dec-11 by Shark808 »