rc-tards report in...

Started by VG30_S12, 01:28:33 AM / 23-Dec-11

Previous topic - Next topic

VG30_S12

Just wondering if anyone else here was into hobby grade rc cars trucks planes whateve... Post whatcha got/had, more points for pics and double points for vids...

I just picked up two rcs and getting bitten by the bug...

First was an 1/18th scale HPI MiniRecon, cool lil runt, fun too mess with but for a lack of better words, feels cheap...
Now has delrin gears and 5200kv brushless, ae wheels and tires but otherwise completely stock...

Just picked this up tonight, have not played with it yet...

Its a used RedCat racing Avalanche XP... Got it of cl for a deal, ran great...
This will be my first nitro car so I'm pretty stoked (people still say stoked right?) might post vids of me bashing it if theres.intrest, I plan to test redcat's durrability claim >:)
1984 Nissan 200sx S12 (FJ20E/KA24DE) its back on bitches >:)
1983 Datsun 280zx megasquirt project (H8FE02)
1996 Jeep Grand Cherokee - Family Hauler/Parts Grabber
"sounds like youve got a serious case of being a WHINY LITTLE BITCH, i'm prescribing you a large dose of MAN THE FUCK UP!!!!"
~friend

sam31183

Growing up my dad had methane powered rc boats. They where really cool, he still has them, but they are in disrepair. He recently bought an electric rc boat that's really cool, but he needs to pick up a charger still. My brother has 2 electric rc helis, one of them is pretty big.

Dave Coleman for President of Earth!!!!
Build Thread Hatch CA18DET Eventually a Track Whore
Build Thread Notch KA24DE Daily Driver

Quote from: Kustamogenhaha me modding would be a disaster.....Id get all power hungry and  demand n00dz from everyone. Then make all the canadian s12er's come here  and massage my feet and make me jello pudding.

Actually....mod powers plz?!?!?!  0:)
Quote from: Shark808 on 02:17:44 PM / 13-Dec-11
Tedious?  This coming from a person who uses the word twice in a sentence?  I laughed repeatedly...

Prolowtone

My dad has an rc car the does something like 60?kph.. Really fun rc car but it it easy to flip and break parts if your not careful.. I Broke a strut tower last time i drove it.. I need to order a new one and install it next time i am in Calgary. I have had many RC trucks (Nothing special) but i almost built a few crawlers... But what i really want is an old Tamiya

Edit* Old vid on YouTube i found when i was looking for one

I keep my car cleaner then my room
Quote from: VG30DETT on 02:39:59 PM / 01-Oct-12
Fuck you then, I'll take my movies, box of chocolates, bottle of wine and chloroform somewhere else.
Quote from: StephenG on 08:06:21 PM / 28-Nov-12
Adding an SSD to that is kinda like strapping a 3 inch stainless HKS exhaust on a geo metro.

VG30_S12

That vid was 80's-tastic... The music, the commentary"look at that thing pull" loved it...

As soon as I saw that vid,, I was like "bump my junk I gotta have that blazing blazer..."
Untill I found this ebay add :(
ebay.com/itm/Vintage-Tamiya-Blazing-Blazer-NIB-Item-58029-Toyota-Hilux-Bruiser-/130607677883?pt=Radio_Control_Vehicles&hash=item1e68d301bb
And spoiler alert, the replacement bodies were $450+...

I think ill keep my cheap plastic now...

I wouldnt mind trying boats, but I suck at rc choppers, I learned my lesson with a cheapy s107g...
"sounds like youve got a serious case of being a WHINY LITTLE BITCH, i'm prescribing you a large dose of MAN THE FUCK UP!!!!"
~friend

cutter67

Quote from: Prolowtone on 02:50:30 AM / 23-Dec-11 But what i really want is an old Tamiya

Edit* Old vid on YouTube i found when i was looking for one

i now hope what santa brings me the toyota is great

Wolf Dilworth

Way back in the day... 1981.  First car was the Sand Scorcher (Baja bug), and then the Hilux, was cool but the tranny had issues.  Moved into Team Associated (RC10) a few years later.  Got way too carried away with all the spares and battery technology of the day, in the late eigthies.  Several grand invested, then unloaded it all and went back to aircraft.

Bought this little gem, out of boredom when unemployed.  Great fun, many upgrades, brushless etc.. 

Still for sale.  Very low miles.  Only ran a couple of times when new job took all my free time.  Reasonable offers accepted.

Prolowtone

^ Thank you, you reminded me of what my dad bought that i rip around when i am in Calgary. Its a losi Speed-T RTR. Thing is fast with the upgraded motor and battery.... 65+ MPH
http://www.rc-area.co.uk/2008/01/18/losi-110th-speed-t-rtr/
Fuck you then, I'll take my movies, box of chocolates, bottle of wine and chloroform somewhere else.
Adding an SSD to that is kinda like strapping a 3 inch stainless HKS exhaust on a geo metro.

Wolf Dilworth

Yeah this thing is stinking fast and even does wheelies, yes with all wheel drive.

BattleFairy

iam into Takara Tomy ER and Aero and also Drift (1:24  :evillaugh:)
already put some aoshima wheels on it

also have
2x KPGC10
R32
EVO 8
S15

a cheap RC which can be upgraded real cheap and makes indoor a shitload of fun
Abandon all Hope
Project: Battle Fairy
QuoteNow, I won't be a dick like Battlefairy was.......

Wolf Dilworth

1:24 Drift?  That must be fun, got any video?

VG30_S12

^^^
This
Looks cool but 1:24 looks too small to me, what kinds of upgrades are there?

I sold the avalanche yesterday :( someone walked up while I was messing with it, and offered me more than what I had in it (including the starter kit and fuel) wife was already frowny with me so I let it go...
it was awesome but I'll probably grab something else new later, thinking ae rc18r... But not sure...

Actualy that losi speed-t looked pretty fun, 2wd or 4wd?

Also howmuch you want for that 18t Wolf? Might be interested...
~friend

Prolowtone

The losi is 2wd Pretty fun, But it is easy to break, Parts are fairly cheep tho

nismo200sx16

you guys need to stop rolling around on the ground and get in the air. you can check my you tube for lots more videos.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VDjwwuymrtY
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VYqTMXiwmKE
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_cJYWx3EoZc

rednucleus

Those copters are so cool. I was a kid in the day of .049 line control planes, dreaming of the day we could afford rc stuff. Still have some of my old gear in a box in the attic - probably worth thousands on some EBay antique site!

Wolf Dilworth

Bust it out and post it up here first, some stuff does well on Ebay but condition is everything.  If you have any old kits,control line etc..  I would be interested in checking them out.  I have dozens of kits, from stick and tissue "winders" to large scale RC.

rednucleus

OK Wolf, maybe when I spring clean the attic I'll find my old treasures - you can have 1st take!

Wolf Dilworth

Cool beans.  PM me when you get around to it.

How's the weather up there in Marysville?  I miss the Puget Sound area, I was stationed on Whidbey Island back in the 90's.  Georgous country up there.

rednucleus

I lived on West Beach from 86-96 working at Oak Harbor Animal Hosp - small world!! Rainy and windy here today but mild, and no snow in the forcast. Merry Christmas to you!

Wolf Dilworth

Just missed you there, I was there from '96-'00.  Lived on Midway Blvd across from the elementary school, second home was at the Oak Harbor Brew Pub on the corner of E. Whidbey Ave and State Route 20.

Weather in Austin is very reminiscent of those days on Whidbey, cool and cloudy with a hint of drizzle.

rednucleus

The Brew Pub - my wife remembers "awesome cider" - I would have been there for the beer. Left Whidbey Dec 96, here ever since, run my own veterinary hospital now.