QR25DE swap on the way

Started by sephirot, 08:02:27 PM / 21-Jan-12

Previous topic - Next topic

sephirot

im already in the process of changing my CA18ET for a QR25DE, I will thank any ideas and suggestions, i will soon post some pictures of the car and engines

d_k_jose_s12

Mi amigo tu eres eprimero que va a hacer el swap de un qr25de en un s12 tu nos tienes que ensenar como hacer esto yo estoy haciendo un ka24de swap en mi carro pero el ka swap es mas comun so hay mas informacion

My friend your the first one trying to swap a qr25de into a s12 so your going to have to show us how to do it ..I mmy self I'm doing a ka24de swap in my s12 but the ka swap its common so their is a lot more info

Arro

Your actual work and progress on your car, put that in a thread in "Build Threads" section... this section is for questions, not updates :)

You will be the first ever QR swapped S12 :thumbsup:
-Jason Arro

'85 Nissan 200SX (KA24DE)
formerly,
'85 Nissan Silvia RS-X - FJ20 w/ dual Weber carbs
'84 Nissan 200SX Turbo
'85 Nissan 200SX Turbo
Drive it like you stole it, and work on it like you married it - self quote
Quote from: ka-t.orgHella flush and all associates should be gunned down for brainwashing people into thinking a 225 and lots of camber is proper wheel fitment. THAT IS EASY, anyone can camber a skinny as tire till it dosnt rub. Now fitting an 11 with a 315 on stock fender with reasonable camber, that is fitment. And looks, and performs better than both.
Quote from: s-chassis_only on 07:43:21 PM / 25-Sep-10 i dont own a s12 at the moment but trying to acquire one to get rid of my s13 hatch
Quote from: SHOUTBOX[27:54] zastaba: I had a friend touch the contacts on his distributer once
[28:04] zastaba: He did the super jumping up and down pain dance

sephirot

Quote from: d_k_jose_s12 on 08:22:58 PM / 21-Jan-12
Mi amigo tu eres eprimero que va a hacer el swap de un qr25de en un s12 tu nos tienes que ensenar como hacer esto yo estoy haciendo un ka24de swap en mi carro pero el ka swap es mas comun so hay mas informacion

My friend your the first one trying to swap a qr25de into a s12 so your going to have to show us how to do it ..I mmy self I'm doing a ka24de swap in my s12 but the ka swap its common so their is a lot more info
Todo lo que aprenda de este swap voy a tratar de mostrarselo a todos en el foro para que opinen, critiquen y pregunten lo que quieran

everything that i learn from this swap i will show to every one in the forum so you can give your opinion or ask questions, i will open a thread to put pictures or videos as soon as posible

d_k_jose_s12

BattleFairy

quite funny how they flame until they see a running one^^

like with my megasquirt RB swap O__O
Abandon all Hope
Project: Battle Fairy
QuoteNow, I won't be a dick like Battlefairy was.......

sephirot

Quote from: d_k_jose_s12 on 01:53:12 AM / 22-Jan-12
http://www.the510realm.com/viewtopic.php?f=31&t=12917
This should help
thanks for the link very interesting forum, i will do my best to not cut my firewall, i just think it is not necesary.

fyneyoungstunna

Fuck yeah!
finally someone wisened up and sees the potential in this engine that I do.
Sad I couldnt be "first" but im happy with second.

you wont need to cut firewall, The Qr is physically smaller than the ka24. It sits lower as well.
in all honesty, I say that that a bellhousing swap will probably be the soloution for the trans (at least im hoping) if not then one of the newer trans should fit. Get the ka throttle-body if you want to delete the drive-by-wire. as far as ecu: get a standalone, if you want to tune in the future or add boost its the only way to go. there is a sentra in colorado/wyoming at 500hp still getting 30mpg!
there is a wealth on info out there on the QR. I have laid out a lot of info on it here in this section.
good luck! we will be a rare breed!
If I agreed with you we'd both be wrong.

sephirot

Quote from: fyneyoungstunna on 10:47:21 AM / 23-Jan-12
Fuck yeah!
finally someone wisened up and sees the potential in this engine that I do.
Sad I couldnt be "first" but im happy with second.

you wont need to cut firewall, The Qr is physically smaller than the ka24. It sits lower as well.
in all honesty, I say that that a bellhousing swap will probably be the soloution for the trans (at least im hoping) if not then one of the newer trans should fit. Get the ka throttle-body if you want to delete the drive-by-wire. as far as ecu: get a standalone, if you want to tune in the future or add boost its the only way to go. there is a sentra in colorado/wyoming at 500hp still getting 30mpg!
there is a wealth on info out there on the QR. I have laid out a lot of info on it here in this section.
good luck! we will be a rare breed!
hello fyneyoungstunna, when i was looking for info on the net regarding this swap, i started to understand that there is very little information, google always send me to this club and aparently you are the only one that is trying this kind of swap, so is good that i have you here reading my post, im planing on leaving everything as it is on the other car, i like the drive by wire and i already have the ecu, im not to greedy on power so no boost on my plans, what i do want to do is cam, crank, pistons, rods, etc. high performance and keep it N/A, i do hope that you want to follow my project since you too are interested in this swap, i'll post some pictures soon and maybe some videos, it will be good if they help with your project someday.

fyneyoungstunna

the qr is an awesome N/A platform as it is. the ka throttle body will net you some gains with airflow.
intake and exhaust is all you'll really need if you just want a stout NA. In its base bolt-on form (i/h/e) a qr will give an sr20 and a boosted ka24de a very good run for their money! the internals are good to go from factory up to 300hp is what is being established. When i get mine in and get used to the car, I plan to have Iceageg have a stab a supercharging it. Man you got me excited all over again for this swap! the sr and ka guys will be dumbfounded. with boost the vg and rb guys will be sweating!!!

let me know if you get stuck at any point in your swap, i have good resources for the qr! I had a full wiring diagram and ecu pin-out at one point but lost it when my pc crashed. If i can remember my account on b15.net i can get it all back though!
If I agreed with you we'd both be wrong.

d_k_jose_s12

This is gonna be good
Que viva la QR lol