Club-S12 International S12OC United Kingdom ClubS12 France S12Silvia Australia S12.org.ua Eastern Europe S12 of Sweden S12 Japan BBS
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: So um, yeah we were down for a bit...  (Read 4296 times)

Offline Arro

• Administrator
  • S12 Guru
  • Vehicle: 1985 Nissan 200SX
    • http://www.cardomain.com/id/arro200sx
So um, yeah we were down for a bit...
« on: 03:55:11 PM / 27-Mar-12 »
Normally when it's down for a short bit of time, I don't bother with too much on here. Maybe an update on Facebook. But a couple people raised concerns to me offline about it, so here's what Ben and I can share with you all.

We know how much people like to come here, and we know that we get a LOT of traffic from people who aren't even signed in or registered. It's a foundation site. We have more information on the S12 than anywhere else, and a long history of S12 activity. We understand that it's important that it be safeguarded.

Ben does frequent backups. The most recent was literally one day before we went down. The previous one was just a few days before that. We make sure of it. Why? Because we want to guarantee that we will be up as much as possible. We even have a contingency plan so that if the hosting company decides to jerk us around too much, or there is an unacceptably long delay in downtime, we can yank everything to the new host in less than a day's time and bring you back your best resource with little inconvenience to all of you. Yes, we have it all planned. We may even do it just because of back office improvements, but the point is you don't have to worry -- we aren't going anywhere.

Ben has installed something new for me to play with on the server... I'll be working on some new things for us over my spring break. So expect some changes... new goodies. Both Ben and I have lots of great ideas, but the time to implement them has been nonexistant due to schedules. However, our predecessors found that life not only intruded into their C-S12 responsibilities, but they even decided to step away from them. Everyone who has held some kind of administrative role on here has ultimately had to give up those responsibilities as life or other things distracted them. I want to tell you all that Ben and I have a very dedicated view towards this. Sure, Ben doesn't have an S12 at the moment, and I have dialed back my daily involvement some, but neither of us see ourselves quitting with this. We love what Dan, Tim, and Travis have done for this site. We intend to carry through with the vision that Dan and I had from the beginning. That vision is here, now... and will continue into the future: An S12 site that brings the S12 lovers of the world together in conversation, information, and enthusiasm.

We intend to keep things going :thumbsup:

Facebook Share    

-Jason Arro

'85 Nissan 200SX (KA24DE)
formerly,
'85 Nissan Silvia RS-X - FJ20 w/ dual Weber carbs
'84 Nissan 200SX Turbo
'85 Nissan 200SX Turbo
Drive it like you stole it, and work on it like you married it - self quote
Quote from: ka-t.org
Hella flush and all associates should be gunned down for brainwashing people into thinking a 225 and lots of camber is proper wheel fitment. THAT IS EASY, anyone can camber a skinny as tire till it dosnt rub. Now fitting an 11 with a 315 on stock fender with reasonable camber, that is fitment. And looks, and performs better than both.
i dont own a s12 at the moment but trying to acquire one to get rid of my s13 hatch
Quote from: SHOUTBOX
[27:54] zastaba: I had a friend touch the contacts on his distributer once
[28:04] zastaba: He did the super jumping up and down pain dance

Offline night_s12

• hmmm......
  • Vehicle: 1988 Nissan 200SX
  • asking too many questions
Re: So um, yeah we were down for a bit...
« Reply #1 on: 04:07:39 PM / 27-Mar-12 »
Right on man thats all good to hear. You guys keep up the good work
"speed limits are like herpes, you can never get rid of them"-Jeremy Clarkson
Going places knowing your driving something you won't see every five minutes is priceless
1988 200sx SE-ROXY
1987 200sx xe hatch back - Shelli(sold)
2002 mitsubishi lancer OZ rally- daily driver - Flow(traded for SE)

Offline Prolowtone

• Mr. Clean
  • CONTRIBUTING MEMBER
  • S12 Guru
  • Vehicle: 1985 Nissan 200SX
« Reply #2 on: 04:10:34 AM / 28-Mar-12 »
You have been more active recently, and we all understand life can get in the way... Or at lest most of us. Ill be waiting for the updates :D, Keep up the good work you guys!
I keep my car cleaner then my room
Fuck you then, I'll take my movies, box of chocolates, bottle of wine and chloroform somewhere else.
Adding an SSD to that is kinda like strapping a 3 inch stainless HKS exhaust on a geo metro.

Offline night_s12

• hmmm......
  • Vehicle: 1988 Nissan 200SX
  • asking too many questions
« Reply #3 on: 04:39:58 AM / 28-Mar-12 »
yeah im interested in knowing what these updates would be
"speed limits are like herpes, you can never get rid of them"-Jeremy Clarkson
Going places knowing your driving something you won't see every five minutes is priceless
1988 200sx SE-ROXY
1987 200sx xe hatch back - Shelli(sold)
2002 mitsubishi lancer OZ rally- daily driver - Flow(traded for SE)

Offline Xano

• Viva la Tropico!
  • Administrator
  • S12 Guru
  • Vehicle: 2014 Dodge Charger
    • This Isn't Over, LLC
« Reply #4 on: 11:24:57 AM / 28-Mar-12 »
All I can say, is that it'll be interesting :P
~xano

Offline RB25sx - SLPR

« Reply #5 on: 11:55:30 AM / 28-Mar-12 »
thanks for the update! Sounds like you guys have it sorted, this community is active and growing.

-dan