color of relay for power windows

Started by Jamaican_Drifta, 12:29:57 PM / 12-Aug-12

Previous topic - Next topic

Jamaican_Drifta

my power windows just randomly stopped working the power for the locks still works but the windows stop working on both sides i was able to trace the wiring from the drivers door to a little relay section under the MAF and intake box but there is no cover on the relays and I don't know if the car came with one but long story short idk what color is what does anybody else have an idea or knows?
1st car: 87 300zx turbo
2nd car: 93 240sx
3rd car: 04 Maxima 6 speed
4th car: 93 240sx
and like 2 S12s in there some were
Daily: 87 200sx XE
Drift:  93 300zx NA

rednucleus

Checked out my fsm; no specific info anywhere on the power windows. Traced the schematic; no relay that I could see but it does show a fusible link listed by the battery. I also don't see a specific fuse listed in the fuse box, so I'll bet the fusible link is the problem.

night_s12

same in mine nothing specific on the window. but oh yeahgrrrr for u haveing power  locks lol
"speed limits are like herpes, you can never get rid of them"-Jeremy Clarkson
Quote from: EightySix200SX on 10:33:26 PM / 11-Mar-12 Going places knowing your driving something you won't see every five minutes is priceless
1988 200sx SE-ROXY
1987 200sx xe hatch back - Shelli(sold)
2002 mitsubishi lancer OZ rally- daily driver - Flow(traded for SE)

Jamaican_Drifta

lol yea this is my third s12 and powered windows and powered locks shock the hell outta me but yea thanx for the advice on the fusible link really appreciate it i'm gonna go mess with it see if i can fix it if i do ill post that fixed it
Post Merge

https://www.dropbox.com/s/2aigpqj3w9g7ozq/IMG_20120812_164211.jpg

this is all i saw over by the battery just relays and the headlight sensor

rednucleus

The four fusible links are the wire loops sitting next to your red battery terminal. Checked mine, none are labeled specifically for the windows, but check all with a meter.

Jamaican_Drifta

ahhhhhhh i see ok ill go back and check it out

rednucleus

Just played with mine. The one for the windows is green and sits in the number 3 position working from the passenger fender to the radiator.  Mine has a black plastic cover. That one is labeled access. radiator fan. If that's not it, there's also a circuit breaker hiding under your flasher unit by the steering column. No idea how that works; don't see any reset button on mine. Hope it's the fusible link.

Jamaican_Drifta

hey I pulled off that plug on the battery terminal and it was pretty corroded I cleaned it with some brake cleaner and plugged it back up worked like magic thanks man I don't think I would have found that on my own with no schematics I just have a bad feeling that there will be more of this being an Illinois car.

1987200SX

Sorry guys, I need to attack my driver side power window this week and have a few questions...

If the fusible link is corroded, would that prevent BOTH windows from operating (or just one)?

If the circuit breaker near the flasher is popped, would that prevent BOTH windows from operating (or just one)?

Since the passenger window and door locks work (but the driver side window does not) can I assume the fusible link and the circuit breaker are OK?

Would anybody be willing to post a picture of the power window fusible link as well as the circuit breaker that's near the flasher?

Many thanks,

Mike

rednucleus

If just one window not working, I would check out the switvch or motor on that side. I believe the fusible links work both windows.