Club-S12 International S12OC United Kingdom ClubS12 France S12Silvia Australia S12.org.ua Eastern Europe S12 of Sweden S12 Japan BBS
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: no fire in #3.  (Read 3966 times)

Offline Slim

• n00b
no fire in #3.
« on: 11:49:13 PM / 09-Sep-12 »
hey guys. i have narrowed my issue down a little bit and was wondering if anyone had any ideas that may help. i may have an idea of what my problem is but, what can i say. im just lacking the experience some of you have, haha.

my car runs on 3 cylinders. all 3 plugs are black. the cylinder thats missing, the plug is wet with fuel. i do have spark on this cylinder. the issue occured after shifting from first to second after a medium pull. when i shifted, the car just sputtered. my first thought was no spark, ignitor issue. i was just frusterated and diddnt bother to check for spark, as this wasnt the issue. i am thinking my injector may be stuck open. does this sound about right? getting them out seems like its a PITA. you have to unbolt the intake mani and wiggle the rail out as best as possible after removing the two bolts?

Facebook Share    

Offline d_k_jose_s12

• http://myspace.com/d_k_jose
Re: no fire in #3.
« Reply #1 on: 11:19:36 AM / 10-Sep-12 »
Have u checked ur cap and rotor I had the sane isue in my infiniti and it was due to a brojen distributor cap

Offline sideways_s12

• CS12 OG
  • Global Moderator
  • S12 Guru
  • Vehicle: 1987 Nissan 200SX
  • Quit Fuckin around and start the car!
« Reply #2 on: 01:57:09 PM / 10-Sep-12 »
Its a det not an et therefore there is no cap and rotor its coil on plug check the coil on no. 3 I willing to bet that's the issue but if it isn't unplug the Injector and see if it changes anything in that cylinder...
« Last Edit: 01:58:11 PM / 10-Sep-12 by sideways_s12 »

Offline d_k_jose_s12

• http://myspace.com/d_k_jose
« Reply #3 on: 02:24:27 PM / 10-Sep-12 »
Ohh I didnt.know it was a det....fail on my part