[Carstairs AB, Canada] FS: 1991 300ZX Twin Turbo (JDM)

Started by VG30DETT, 12:31:51 AM / 28-Sep-12

Previous topic - Next topic

VG30DETT

For sale is my 1991 300ZX Twin Turbo 2+2 as I'm looking to pursue another build. It's been lightly modified from stock by a mature owner and sits around the 330hp mark at 11psi for a low 13 second e/t. Price is OBO but I will not reply to low ballers and tell you to get off my lawn if you decide to contact my tire with your foot. I may entertain trades + cash, but am not interested in ATV's, BMW's, Mercedes, Volkswagen's, SUV's, monopoly money, blankets, beaver pelts or anything that does not have an engine. This means no electronics or collectables! Don't be afraid to make a reasonable offer, the worst I could say is I'm not interested! Looking for $7000 OBO.

Interior is in great shape with next to no wear on the seats, and the upholstery is in great shape with no mystery stains or Dorito's hidden in the depths of the seats. The back seat is good for those who are vertically challenged, or punishment of those who are not. All power options, all of which work well. Even has all of the OEM warning labels intact!

Since ownership I have since done:
All new silicone Concept Z intercooler hoses ($550)
Norgren manual boost controller at 12psi, max for stock injector duty cycle($150)
New starter ($230)
New NGK plugs ($120)
New belts, fuel filter, oil filter ($45)
Water pump ($140)
Timing belt ($115)
Turbo/manifold/exhaust gaskets OEM Nissan ($85)
OEM intake gasket set ($125)
Old school JDM blow off valves, which sound fairly cool, if you're into that. ($250)
Apekusera INC 2.5" mandrel bent exhaust with dual wall 4" tips. Deep tone with a good amount of sound. Not fart cannon style. ($500)
Polished throttle bodies, coolant pipes, balance tube (cost me about $20 to do, with 5 hours of time)
6mm spacers up front ($50)
Autometer boost/vac gauge ($125)
NISMO clear corner lights ($85)
SMOKED, not rice tinted tails. Gets rid of the implementry looking Canadian signals($65)
Battery relocated to the trunk ($120)
Phase II PTU ($130)
Alpine speakers and JL tweeters.

It has head-back exhaust with ported OEM exhaust manifolds, ported OEM downpipes, and gutted cats. Sounds better, throttle response it better, and overall performance it better.

All reliability and performance deletes have been done such as:
Carbon canister
EGR
Throttle body coolant bypass
AIV's
PRVR
Eliminated 90% of the useless, leaky vacuum lines
A/C (makes it a LOT easier to work on, plus if it's hot enough for A/C, you're more than likely going to want to t-tops out)

Now, you're probably going "sweet car, if it was manual..." Well, yeah manual transmissions are cool, but the only differences between the 5 speed and auto cars are the lack of clutch and a gear. If you do your research, the automatic equipped Z32's are faster accelerating, do not have syncro issues found in 89-96 transmissions, and can be manually shifted in three seperate modes via transmission solenoid control switch.

It is now currently on white OEM TT wheels that fit the wheel wells much, much better.

1991 300ZX Twin turbo - Ever lasting project
1985 200SX XE - Short term project / Soon to be daily. KA24DE swap in spring...

SchizophrenicMC

The price is OBO, but what is it? I believe forum rules require price in WTS threads.
Quote from: Jay on 10:44:55 PM / 03-Jun-12
Nah, quoted for future use because not only is it lame and old, but it's a direct link to Schizo posting up homoerotic menswear fanfiction.
Quotezololn: wheres the check engine light on the s12?

Redneck

I think you forgot to mention it is right hand drive as well haha. No interior pics?
Quote from: ka-tgazelle on 11:24:56 PM / 01-Jun-11 FIrst my rims are horrible, than there ok when painted black , now my cars horrible, now my fenders are to much after i was told i couldnt do it.... Lol club s12 ftw.....  Only here have Ive been told they look like shit..... SOrry its not bone stock with crown vic rims running the stock vg making 130whp and looks generic like every other one. My car looks dope ive been told this a billion times on local forums....

VG30DETT

Quote from: Redneck on 01:10:54 PM / 28-Sep-12
I think you forgot to mention it is right hand drive as well haha. No interior pics?
If ya can't figure out that JDM is RHD, then I don't think you're capable of driving such a car haha. I'll put interior pics up when the seats are back in from its monthly cleaning.

Also, price edited. Completely forgot that it wasn't in the ad when I CTRL + V'd from Kijiji.

SchizophrenicMC

I don't automatically equate RHD and JDM. In fact I generally ignore the letters, J, D, and M, when combined like that.

7k is reasonable. If I could afford that (and could physically drive RHD) I'd totally head to Canada lol.
Nah, quoted for future use because not only is it lame and old, but it's a direct link to Schizo posting up homoerotic menswear fanfiction.

VG30DETT

I only combine those letters for a car that's straight off the boat haha. But yes, it's a RHD Japanese car, the only way you could get a 2+2 with snails strapped to the side of it. I think 7k is fair, there's a lot going in that range WITHOUT maintenance work done. The next owner will thank me for tidying up the bay a bit, too.

silverton

Damn, if these were legal in the states, I'd probably buy this instead of a Subaru.  haha!
-Dennis

BoostedVG (in regards to people hating on the VG) - Me thinks they were not the mechanic they thought and blamed it all on the engine.

Colonol Gustard - youre one of the few people that represent the s12 chassis like a boss!

VG30DETT

Quote from: silverton on 04:02:11 PM / 28-Sep-12
Damn, if these were legal in the states, I'd probably buy this instead of a Subaru.  haha!
Buy it and say you did a full RHD swap! Haha. Or bring me up a LHD tt for the same price, we'll trade, and you can sell it down there for like half a million because JDMgay kids, and I can sell the LHD for more!

night_s12

sell it to mercedes im sure she'd love a RHD z32
"speed limits are like herpes, you can never get rid of them"-Jeremy Clarkson
Quote from: EightySix200SX on 10:33:26 PM / 11-Mar-12 Going places knowing your driving something you won't see every five minutes is priceless
1988 200sx SE-ROXY
1987 200sx xe hatch back - Shelli(sold)
2002 mitsubishi lancer OZ rally- daily driver - Flow(traded for SE)

VG30DETT

OH, and I'll also entertain trades, I could use a minty S12 so mine can be restricted for fun time.

sideways_s12

The only thing I don't like is the wing but other than that its a beautiful car with a reasonable price good.luck with the sale

SchizophrenicMC

Quote from: VG30DETT on 03:48:40 PM / 28-Sep-12
I only combine those letters for a car that's straight off the boat haha. But yes, it's a RHD Japanese car, the only way you could get a 2+2 with snails strapped to the side of it. I think 7k is fair, there's a lot going in that range WITHOUT maintenance work done. The next owner will thank me for tidying up the bay a bit, too.
Wait, since when? Most of the stock TTs I've seen have been 2+2s here. LHD, of course. Is it a Canada thing?

silverton

Probably a JDM thing. Since, you know, the car is JDM.

Trade for a minty S12 huh???
-Dennis

BoostedVG (in regards to people hating on the VG) - Me thinks they were not the mechanic they thought and blamed it all on the engine.

Colonol Gustard - youre one of the few people that represent the s12 chassis like a boss!

SchizophrenicMC

Quote from: silverton on 01:40:50 PM / 29-Sep-12

Tyte yo

VG30DETT

Quote from: SchizophrenicMC on 10:50:03 AM / 29-Sep-12
Wait, since when? Most of the stock TTs I've seen have been 2+2s here. LHD, of course. Is it a Canada thing?
There are zero TT's in a 4 seater that came from the factory to any LHD country.
Post Merge

Quote from: silverton on 01:40:50 PM / 29-Sep-12

If it's in good shape, I'd love another, but it'd have to square up in cash or another way to the ballpark of my asking price.

I forgot how bastardized the term JDM is down there.

SchizophrenicMC

No, seriously, I'm calling BS. I've seen stock 2+2 LHD TTs.

VG30DETT

No such thing, look it up. It's been discussed many times on 300zxclub and always ends up with the same answer.

Source: www.wikipedia.org

The twin-turbo 2+2 (four seat model) was never sold in the United States. Buyers in the U.S. who desired a four seat twin-turbo either had to legally import the foreign model, or convert a domestic NA 2+2 model to use a twin-turbo engine. The conversion process can be performed by mechanics familiar with the Z32. The conversion entails switching many parts in the engine bay to the twin-turbo versions as well as making some slight engine bay alterations to fit certain parts such as the radiator.

SchizophrenicMC

Oh well, fuck Z32s anyway. Never liked 'em. No room in the engine bay. How in fuck's name do you work on one without pullin' the motor?

VG30DETT

That's a matter of your own opinion. If you can't work on one, you shouldn't work on cars in general. They're actually not as bad as people make them out to be, I got my turbo out by itself in under an hour. USDM cars are a bit more of a pain in the ass as they were last minute to be available for LHD markets, so they just stretched shit across the bay to accommodate LHD controls.

fyneyoungstunna

Big misconception about the engine bay. No harder to work on than any other car.
  I can see daylight on both sides of my engine bay, and get my hands all the way down.
Spot on about the JDM (use of the word) and also JDM 2+2 TT.
If I agreed with you we'd both be wrong.