Hesitation 4800-5000 RPM

Started by Feint S12, 05:22:10 PM / 04-Oct-12

Previous topic - Next topic

Feint S12

When im running the car trying to peak RPMs to get a better feel for the car. At those ranges the car tends to hesitate. Im looking at putting in MSD sparkplug wires, and 190lph walbro fuel pump maybe that'll fix the hesitations.
1984 Nissan 200SX CA18ET

sideways_s12

what kind of hesitation does it feel like boost cut?

silverton

-Dennis

BoostedVG (in regards to people hating on the VG) - Me thinks they were not the mechanic they thought and blamed it all on the engine.

Colonol Gustard - youre one of the few people that represent the s12 chassis like a boss!

Feint S12

hesitation, sort of like red lining. but there should be any reason to redline at 4800 RPMs. ill check my power trans.
1984 Nissan 200SX CA18ET

sideways_s12

Jeremy

feint  you might also check your gap on the plugs. depending on the boost your running it might be too large a gap and needs to be closed up a bit. also it says in your profile that you have an safc and bigger injectors do you have a wideband to make sure you are not running too rich which could blow out the spark as well.

sideways_s12

Truth forgot all about that I assumed he was stock.

Feint S12

no dont have a wideband, all the ones ive gone through are upwards $300. y'all recommend any cheaper but just as efficient?
1984 Nissan 200SX CA18ET

Jeremy

feint  i ordered my innovate lc1 on amazon and it was about 180 and i have had no problems with it. i just checked and its 174 so yeah less than 300 by alot

sideways_s12

Aem wideband is 99 all day long on Ebay
Post Merge

I got one on my red car and one on my wifes dsm and never had a problem

Yntelygent

i think that coils.. i got the same problem but tommorow iam gonna solve it..
200sx s12 (86) ca18et overhaul engine, overhaul turbo (stock t2), 2,25 stainless straight pipe, bov bidrin, open air intake, oct, egr out, cat out, sport lowered chassis,  laminated sport seats, 3 - point belts Sabelt, omp drifting steering wheel, actually runing at 0,6 bar - something around 160hp..

VG30DETT

If it feels moderately gutless, smells pig rich, and sounds like "BAHHHHHH bwaahhhh BAHHHHHH bwaahhhh BAHHHHHH bwaahhhh BAHHHHHH bwaahhhh BAHHHHHH bwaahhhh " around 3/4 of the range, power transistor unit.

I have no idea why Nissan sucked so much at making them.
1991 300ZX Twin turbo - Ever lasting project
1985 200SX XE - Short term project / Soon to be daily. KA24DE swap in spring...