Please!! "WHAT THE HELL IS THIS"!!!! Called??

Started by Spec-bre, 09:27:14 PM / 10-Jan-13

Previous topic - Next topic

Spec-bre

Drivers side by the coil tapped to the loom..

vg30e_x2_200sx

It looks like a 2.2 uF capacitor. Interesting.

Unfortunately you can't just go to the electronics store to buy one because we can't tell what type of capacitor it is or the polarity of it.

Randy

San Jose, California U.S.A.

Prolowtone

On my gray MK1 ca20 car there are 2 of those next to each other. One had a light green wire that lead to my RPM gauge, Not sure what the other was for anymore
I keep my car cleaner then my room
Quote from: VG30DETT on 02:39:59 PM / 01-Oct-12
Fuck you then, I'll take my movies, box of chocolates, bottle of wine and chloroform somewhere else.
Quote from: StephenG on 08:06:21 PM / 28-Nov-12
Adding an SSD to that is kinda like strapping a 3 inch stainless HKS exhaust on a geo metro.

seishuku

Matt W.
Daily: 2015 Ecoboost Mustang
Previous Daily: 2011 Camaro V6 (tree fell on it)
Previous previous: 2013 VW Jetta TDI super polluter (got bought back)

Spec-bre

I can't seem to locate one.... Mine is toast!! Anyone know of an SE parts car sitting in a salvage yard?? I'd pay for it + some for your time!!
Post Merge

Vg30e_x2_200sx, DING DING DING!!!!!!! you win!! I searched using your description and located 1!!!! Now to find out what it's for on... Lol
Thanks everyone!!!

Wonderingraven

Hacker | Streamer | Gamer | Drifter
1987 - Project: Excalibur Prime
1986 - Project: Serenity

Spec-bre

Hmmm...production date? Is yours a manual trans?? Cal emisions? Not sure why they would be different.. I don't understand allot of Nissans thought processes when it come to wiring and electronics... Lol!

seishuku

All S12s have at least one... Nissan likes to hide them very well (deep inside the loom), there are also two diode modules as well (for the pop-up headlights).
It's just the radio condenser for the ignition coil(s), if you really need a replacement, grab a generic one for your local parts store and wire it between your engine block and the ignition coil's +12v wire.
Matt W.
Daily: 2015 Ecoboost Mustang
Previous Daily: 2011 Camaro V6 (tree fell on it)
Previous previous: 2013 VW Jetta TDI super polluter (got bought back)