Analog cluster / Speedometer question

Started by Wonderingraven, 01:20:34 AM / 13-Jan-13

Previous topic - Next topic

Wonderingraven

My analog cluster is stuck with the speedo at 125, I can't seem to get it back on 0 where it should be.  It seems like the magnet inside has reverse polarity or something.

Has anyone experience this and know how to fix this with out getting another cluster ?

(I just replaced my speedo cable, this has nothing todo with the cable itself.)  this happened when I pulled the cluster and when I attempted to get the cluster back on it jumped to 125 and stayed there since.

Hacker | Streamer | Gamer | Drifter
1987 - Project: Zombie Ritual
1986 - Project: Serenity

sideways_s12

readjust the cable, Maybe? sounds like it's in backwards or upside down or something. Is it a new cable or used or reman (if they even do that ) I know you said it's not the able but maybe it's calibrated wrong.... Iono I'm just pulling ideas out of the air maybe it will spark something....

Wonderingraven

when I have the cluster out it's stuck at 125 and when I push it to 0 it bounces back to 125.

It's a "new" cable from planet nissan.

sideways_s12

maybe the speedo needs to be recalibrated as in the cluster not the cable

Wonderingraven

Possibly, just need to know how to calibrate it would be awesome lol.

sideways_s12

Wonderingraven

I have been searching everywhere, it doesn't say anything about calibrating the speedometer. It tells me how to check the continuity in which I dunno why and how to install the speedometer cable.

sideways_s12

hmm thats weird Iono I just replaced mine with a used on from the junkyard that i picked up months ago.... I don't see a prob with mine wonder if they gave you the right part?

Wonderingraven

It's the right part as it bolts up, I might have messed things up when I pulled it the first time.

turbo-s12

I would just buy a replacement they are pretty cheap

sideways_s12

Wonderingraven

I got someone wants to trade the cut springs for one. Might as well, since it's just sitting.

sideways_s12

burritomannn

sideways_s12