Club-S12 International S12OC United Kingdom ClubS12 France S12Silvia Australia S12.org.ua Eastern Europe S12 of Sweden S12 Japan BBS
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Here's Your Chance To Improve The Site  (Read 11928 times)

Offline Xano

• Viva la Tropico!
  • Administrator
  • S12 Guru
  • Vehicle: 2014 Dodge Charger
    • This Isn't Over, LLC
Re: Here's Your Chance To Improve The Site
« Reply #40 on: 09:57:10 PM / 07-Jul-13 »
That does help, it's most likely a z-index issue of some sort.  I'll try a few things and find out. 

As for apple, it's not that I hate the products, it's that I don't like the fans who go drop 600 dollars on the newest model each release, and then look down at others who don't use apple.  I also don't think it's very developer friendly of them to NOT have any simulation abilities for developers UNLESS you buy a mac.  I can design Android apps and windows mobile apps without ever owning a device with the OS.  Apple requires not only the mobile device, but a mac PC to develop an app.  It's unfortunate, but when you lock out indie one man team developers like me by making entry cost prohibitive, you drive some developers to not like your platform very much.
~xano

Offline iceageg

« Reply #41 on: 06:58:34 AM / 08-Jul-13 »
A couple of things to keep in mind while considering threads to be stickied and/or FAQ'd . . . Go back through them and remove all irrelavent posts.  While clever whitticisms and random thanks are fun during a conversation they are a waste of time to parse through while my hands are greasy and my car is disasembled in the garage.  Also, I don't know what kind of server space we have but please consider hosting the images in the stickied/FAQ'd content.  Alot of them are no longer available and likely lost.
I was afraid all the five gallon buckets of pain stacked four high were going to fall over

Offline sideways_s12

• CS12 OG
  • Moderators
  • S12 Guru
  • Vehicle: 1987 Nissan 200SX
  • Quit Fuckin around and start the car!
Re: Here\'s Your Chance To Improve The Site
« Reply #42 on: 04:56:52 PM / 08-Jul-13 »
I was actually thinking of doing this just havent had the chance to bring it up to Ben. What do you think Ben? I have the spare time when Im at my other job to where I can delete irrelevant posts in tech sections so they just reflect actually findings, fixes and sloutions to problems?
Post Merge
Itll make so you dont have to read so much nonsense to get to the solution and on top of that itll be easier to search
« Last Edit: 04:59:08 PM / 08-Jul-13 by sideways_s12 »

Offline Xano

• Viva la Tropico!
  • Administrator
  • S12 Guru
    • This Isn't Over, LLC
« Reply #43 on: 06:49:05 PM / 08-Jul-13 »
Yeah, let me run the "delete unnecessary comments" part by arro, but dont hesitate to start getting a list of good tech posts in each section.
~xano

Offline sideways_s12

• CS12 OG
  • Moderators
  • S12 Guru
Re: Here\'s Your Chance To Improve The Site
« Reply #44 on: 07:03:20 PM / 08-Jul-13 »
ok
Post Merge
let him know it would only be in the tech sections and would only be post that had nothing to do with the actual fix of the problem.
« Last Edit: 07:04:05 PM / 08-Jul-13 by sideways_s12 »

Offline Redneck

« Reply #45 on: 01:26:40 AM / 09-Jul-13 »
Sorry Xano didn't mean to ruffle any feathers with my previous post. I should have worded it a bit differently. My main point I suppose was just that the site went through a big change in terms of moderation which most of the older members I think had a harder time adapting to so quickly. As a result it seems like a lot of these older members became less and less active as time went on because they had adapted to a much less moderated forum. The only reason I brought this up is because in your OP you were saying that forum activity is down and were seeming to wonder why so I figured I'd throw it out there.

Anyway, I feel I shouldn't have said anything as it seems this thread is clearly more for technical improvements versus the reasons why activity has seemingly gone down so sorry about that.
« Last Edit: 01:33:40 AM / 09-Jul-13 by Redneck »
FIrst my rims are horrible, than there ok when painted black , now my cars horrible, now my fenders are to much after i was told i couldnt do it.... Lol club s12 ftw.....  Only here have Ive been told they look like shit..... SOrry its not bone stock with crown vic rims running the stock vg making 130whp and looks generic like every other one. My car looks dope ive been told this a billion times on local forums....

Offline Xano

• Viva la Tropico!
  • Administrator
  • S12 Guru
    • This Isn't Over, LLC
« Reply #46 on: 01:35:02 AM / 09-Jul-13 »
Sorry Xano didn't mean to ruffle any feathers with my previous post. I should have worded it a bit differently. My main point I suppose was just that the site went through a big change in terms of moderation which most of the older members I think had a harder time adapting to so quickly. As a result it seems like a lot of these older members became less and less active as time went on because they had adapted to a much less moderated forum. Since these members made up a good bulk of the posting and forum activity it would make sense to me forum activity is down. The only reason I brought this up is because in your OP you were saying that forum activity is down and were seeming to wonder why so I figured I'd throw it out there.

Anyway, I feel I shouldn't have said anything as it seems this thread is clearly more for technical improvements versus the reasons why activity has gone down so sorry about that.

Hey sorry if I came off as having feathers ruffled lol, 60 hours a week at work will do that to a person.  I DO appreciate the input you gave, and I do think some of your points are right, for different reasons though.  I do thing that along with the site changes, some of the more frequent posters of older days tended to migrate away, but I also wonder if a lot of that was due to people moving on in hobbies and things as the years progress.  Take me for example, I don't own an S12 right now, and I have been a lot less active than I'd been in the past because of that.  The way I worded my initial post opened it up to your post, and I'm glad you posted your opinions on it.

I do think that the reduction in frequency of posts has been a result of stricter moderation, but not in the same way that I think you do.  I wonder how much of the previous activity was nonsense, or posts that didn't contribute in any way to the topic at hand, whether in a technical section or the lounge or anywhere else on the board.  With the greater moderation, those off topic, unrelated posts may have been reduced a bit, but I wonder if there's a direct correlation with higher post quality over post quantity.

@sideways: Make that list and post it up in the mod section with what changes you propose for each thread so we can all discuss them and decide as a group on what ones we want and don't want.
« Last Edit: 01:36:04 AM / 09-Jul-13 by Xano »
~xano

Offline sideways_s12

• CS12 OG
  • Moderators
  • S12 Guru
« Reply #47 on: 02:23:08 AM / 09-Jul-13 »
Well its not a list of threads persay(sp) Its all the tech threads and removing posts that have nothing to do with fixing the problem... Ill make a thread in the mod section.