Club-S12 International S12OC United Kingdom ClubS12 France S12Silvia Australia S12.org.ua Eastern Europe S12 of Sweden S12 Japan BBS
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Fuel pump trouble  (Read 5870 times)

Offline ThePickle

• Sub-n00b
Fuel pump trouble
« on: 08:47:04 PM / 28-Sep-13 »
Hey everyone,
I just got my s12 running after nearly 8 years of storing it in bits all over. It broke years ago while I was in college and I just never had the time to deal with it until this summer. Its all assembled and runs/drives for the most part, but time has taken its toll on it a little.
One issue is my fuel meter isn't working. I removed the access plate in the trunk to see what was up and the tank plate (pump mount?) is so badly corroded on top that the wires are popping off.
I've done a little searching around the site and others, and perhaps my terminology is wrong, but I can't seem to find the answer to this question:
Is there a replacement available for the pump mount/plate? or has someone made one that I can see to make my own?

Thanks!
Jason

Facebook Share    

Offline sideways_s12

• CS12 OG
  • Global Moderator
  • S12 Guru
  • Vehicle: 1987 Nissan 200SX
  • Quit Fuckin around and start the car!
Re: Fuel pump trouble
« Reply #1 on: 08:52:30 PM / 28-Sep-13 »
I say find one in a junkyard you might be able to salvage one from there. Or better yet got check at oemsurplus.com he has alot of s12 stuff there.

Offline Slideways87Panda

• Vehicle: 1986 Nissan 200SX
  • MaTT Lewis
« Reply #2 on: 03:30:56 PM / 03-Oct-13 »
just get a junkyard s13 fuel pump, i had one on my old SE
"The important thing is to keep trying"
Keiichi Tsuchiya

Offline cellblockd

« Reply #3 on: 11:10:30 AM / 09-Oct-13 »
do the terminals look solder-able? if so you might be able to repair it for the price of a soldering iron, a bit of new wire and some solder...just disconnect the battery and remove the pump housing from the car before you decide to solder on anything...pics might also help.