Club-S12 International S12OC United Kingdom ClubS12 France S12Silvia Australia S12.org.ua Eastern Europe S12 of Sweden S12 Japan BBS
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Poll

The best engine for a 1986 200sx to give maximum torque and horsepower

ca18det
1 (20%)
other
4 (80%)

Total Members Voted: 5

Author Topic: engine swap to give the maximum torque and horsepower  (Read 5151 times)

Offline kevinginaz

engine swap to give the maximum torque and horsepower
« on: 08:50:26 PM / 30-Sep-13 »
Hey I have a 1986 Nissan 200sx and I want to swap out the engine to give the car maximum torque and horsepower what would you recommend I do for this car ... I'd like to hear the most expencive moter I could put in and also the cheapest thanks

Facebook Share    

Offline MoB pineapple

• Sgt. Pineapple
  • Vehicle: 1984 Nissan 200SX
Re: engine swap to give the maximum torque and horsepower
« Reply #1 on: 09:17:17 PM / 30-Sep-13 »
Cummings diesel
F5, It's so refreshing

Offline I_heart_VVL

• ✄-------
« Reply #2 on: 09:25:16 PM / 30-Sep-13 »
swap in a 4ac
1987 SE V6 - Gone
2004 Mazda RX8 GT - Gone
2003 Subaru WRX - Gone
1997 Mazda Miata - SOLD!
2003 Nissan 350Z - Gone
1989 RHD RB25 S13 - Gone, thank god
1989 two tone SR coupe because s12s are dumb

Offline superDorifto

« Reply #3 on: 09:29:27 PM / 30-Sep-13 »
D16y6...most power ever.

Offline IggyEGuana

• Builder - Driver
  • S12 Guru
« Reply #4 on: 11:34:07 PM / 30-Sep-13 »
wow this is a silly poll. The Ca18det is an amazing engine and can make a hell of a lot of power for how small and light it is(~280lbs) But is by no means a torque monster engine. Its a small displacement turbo engine. That basically means its the exact opposite of a torque monster. But it rips and it pulls.

If torque is your key to happiness then a big V8 is the only way to go. Anything 5 liters or more with at least 300hp will have more than enough torque. In that list is pretty much: hopped up small block chevy, hopped up small block ford, hopped up ford 5.0, chevy LS1 or any 5.3/5.7/6.0 LSx truck engine.

If you want a import turbo motor AND torque like a pro then you want a Toyota 1JZ/2JZ or a Nissan RB25/26. They're all 6 cyl turbo motors And they all make very sexy vroom noises.

If you want to stay Nissan and stay 4 cyl but you want the torque of the gods then you want a FJ20et. Its the closest any mortal man will get the Nissan racing 4 cyl holiness (the LZ20B). The FJ was a homologated race engine approved for rally use as a 2.4 liter carbed NA motor. In production it was a 2.0 EFI turbo motor that lived in Skylines ans Silvias. Its a beast but living the FJ life takes a special kind of dedication. Not unlike the dedication it takes to be an S12 owner. Just more so.

My advice? What engine you go with depends on what you want to do with the car. Most people just want a swap in their street car. A CA18det is great for that. Its correct to the chassis and is a beautiful and well engineered engine. The SR20det is also a good street engine. They are easier to find through local car scene connections and so are the parts for them. SRs and their parts are wildly more popular and easier to find in comparison to DOHC CA parts.

My first swap? CA18det. I loved that engine and wish very much I still had it.

Good luck.

Waylon Deno - Silhouette Autosports (check it out on facebook)
Drift Build Thread
Quote from: Arro
you sir are emblazoned with win.