Club-S12 International S12OC United Kingdom ClubS12 France S12Silvia Australia S12.org.ua Eastern Europe S12 of Sweden S12 Japan BBS
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Keep the AC?  (Read 2184 times)

Offline Basic

Keep the AC?
« on: 01:59:51 PM / 20-Oct-13 »
So, I'm curious what people are doing about AC when they swap over to a KA. I was going to use the stock KA AC compressor, but I seem to have lost the s13 High pressure hose somehow. Furthermore, the s13 low pressure hose won't hook up to the s12 chassis lines next to the radiator. It looks like the s12 high pressure hose *may* work, but still leaves me a the problem of the low pressure hose. The S13's low pressure hose won't hook up to the chassis, and the s12's low pressure hose won't hook up to the compressor. Do you just keep the CA compressor? If so - how do you mount it - I don't have a CA compressor to look at, but looking at pictures, it mounts completely differently.

An additional question - what kind of additional wiring is required. I figure I'll have to wire in the compressor clutch to the s12 chassis harness, but what else is there?
« Last Edit: 02:01:09 PM / 20-Oct-13 by Basic »

Facebook Share    

Hey, truck engine + truck turbo - why not?

Offline Slideways87Panda

• Vehicle: 1986 Nissan 200SX
  • MaTT Lewis
Re: Keep the AC?
« Reply #1 on: 05:50:45 PM / 25-Oct-13 »
bring it to a ac shop and have them do it for you, if ya have almost everything keep it, use the KA AC compressor
"The important thing is to keep trying"
Keiichi Tsuchiya

Offline Fire0wl

• Silent but deadly
  • n00b
  • #fire0wls12
Re: Keep the AC?
« Reply #2 on: 06:46:33 PM / 21-Dec-13 »
I first thought the car would fit. But it don't. I reinstalled the ka compressor and had two hoses made from a place in oakdale NY called "Moreland hose" . Cost me $100($50 per hose) 'rebuild' . They used the stock ca hose ends and the ka hose ends. Works perfectly.