Email updates for new posts and PMs dont seem to be working

Started by IggyEGuana, 11:32:17 AM / 14-May-14

Previous topic - Next topic

IggyEGuana

Like the title says I'm not getting emails for new posts or PMs. I dont think I'm the only one. Its been like this since some change that was made a while back. I dont remember exactly.

Waylon Deno - Silhouette Autosports (check it out on facebook)
Drift Build Thread
Quote from: Arro
you sir are emblazoned with win.

roleystoner

Yeh doesn't work for me (I have it enabled).

PM's take extremely long to actually go through, and don't work half the time also.

Wonderingraven

Hasn't worked in over a year now  As my last email from a pm was over a year ago and I had more pm since then.
Hacker | Streamer | Gamer | Drifter
1987 - Project: Excalibur Prime
1986 - Project: Serenity

Keith

I haven't gotten email notifications for like 4-5 years now.  I brought it to Jasons attention then, and he wasn't too concerned...lol

*1984 S12 Turbo* CA18DET swap * Custom top mount header & dump pipe * Mitsu Heavy Industries EVO III 16g turbo * Custom 3" turbo back exhaust with Magnaflow muffler * Front mount intercooler * Front mount oil cooler * Nismo fuel pressure regulator * Walbro 255 * DSM 450cc Injestors * Apexi Safc II * AEM Wide Band * AEM Tru Boost * Z32 MAF * Cometic head gasket * Centerforce Dual Friction clutch *  Tokico lowering springs * Owned since 1989 *

*2007 BMW M6* S85 V10 sweetness

*2004 C5 Z06*

*2006 BMW E60 550i Sport* Boner stock; SOLD *

*1995 Maxima* Owned since 1995 SOLD

Car Domain

sideways_s12

Xano

I'm working on this... It's an issue with the server side mail DNS entries not working like they should.  I've been screwing with this for a month now trying to get it to work.  It used to, then I ran a cpanel update and it broke and has not worked since then.
~xano

Xano

Fixed it.  Stupid very minor unrelated setting was not set right.  It's working now.  I tested it with a forgot pass email.  Please be aware that email may be going into your Junk Mail folder (It did on mine for some reason).  Just flag it as not spam if you can.
~xano

M030

Thank god, I have been trying to post here to this forum for quite some time but was unable to verify my account due to emails not being sent. I have an s12 road racing project that I wanted to contribute and share my build, I'll make a greeting thread later...

Keith

*1984 S12 Turbo* CA18DET swap * Custom top mount header & dump pipe * Mitsu Heavy Industries EVO III 16g turbo * Custom 3" turbo back exhaust with Magnaflow muffler * Front mount intercooler * Front mount oil cooler * Nismo fuel pressure regulator * Walbro 255 * DSM 450cc Injestors * Apexi Safc II * AEM Wide Band * AEM Tru Boost * Z32 MAF * Cometic head gasket * Centerforce Dual Friction clutch *  Tokico lowering springs * Owned since 1989 *

*2004 C5 Z06*

Car Domain

Xano

Quote from: Keith on 11:17:45 PM / 20-May-14
Holy shit...first cs12 email in 5 years!  Sweet!

Lol!  It hasn't been broken THAT long.  But anyway, nice to see you around still, Keith.

Also, @New guys all joining, thank you for being patient with all this!  I know it's been non-functional for a while, but I'll freely admit to being a bit out of my depth when it comes to some of the server side configuration stuff.  I tend to do lots and lots of googling until I can figure out something that works.  Anyway, welcome to the site all of you, I'm sorry it took so long.
~xano

Basic

Xano - Thank you for all your hard work keeping things up and running.
Hey, truck engine + truck turbo - why not?

rednucleus

Keith

Quote from: Xano on 07:43:04 PM / 22-May-14
Lol!  It hasn't been broken THAT long.  But anyway, nice to see you around still, Keith.

I've never left....i'm a s12 owner for life, lol
I went back through my PM's...jun 2011 is when i made Jason aware.  Close enough!

*2004 C5 Z06*

Car Domain

IggyEGuana

Waylon Deno - Silhouette Autosports (check it out on facebook)
Drift Build Thread
Quote from: Arro
you sir are emblazoned with win.