Club-S12 International S12OC United Kingdom ClubS12 France S12Silvia Australia S12.org.ua Eastern Europe S12 of Sweden S12 Japan BBS
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Adjustable control arm conversions by RT  (Read 19633 times)

Offline G-E

Re: Adjustable control arm conversions by RT
« Reply #40 on: 02:23:23 AM / 06-Jul-14 »
wouldnt having a wider track via offset arm require custom axles?

Axle spacers are easy to make, but that all depends how much you offset it right

Now it's possible the 240sx 3x2 spacers would work on the s12 and z31 non-turbo axle stubs, but I've never tried, AND it's possible to use 87+ z31 inner axle flanges which are deeper, I'd like to say by 10mm...
« Last Edit: 02:23:52 AM / 06-Jul-14 by G-E »

Offline Prolowtone

• Mr. Clean
  • CONTRIBUTING MEMBER
  • S12 Guru
  • Vehicle: 1985 Nissan 200SX
« Reply #41 on: 02:31:44 PM / 06-Jul-14 »
good idea.. Now if i had time to implement good ideas. :P pretty sure that i will be buying a pair of rears if they hold up to the on car tests.
Post Merge
They will be added to the parts stockpile for my grey cars ca18det build i have not posted to in over 2 almost 3 years
« Last Edit: 02:33:34 PM / 06-Jul-14 by Prolowtone »
I keep my car cleaner then my room
Fuck you then, I'll take my movies, box of chocolates, bottle of wine and chloroform somewhere else.
Adding an SSD to that is kinda like strapping a 3 inch stainless HKS exhaust on a geo metro.

Offline G-E

« Reply #42 on: 01:18:29 AM / 10-Jul-14 »
So far the kit is looking like this, a ton of parts :)

Offline D-sport S12

• Vehicle: 1986 Nissan S12
« Reply #43 on: 03:21:25 PM / 11-Jul-14 »
Looking good
Jesse R

Keichi Tsuchiya: "I'm afraid if I raced you on the street I'd push you to your death."

Offline D-sport S12

« Reply #44 on: 11:28:01 PM / 08-Sep-14 »
Bump
Jesse R

Keichi Tsuchiya: "I'm afraid if I raced you on the street I'd push you to your death."

Offline DjayS12

« Reply #45 on: 11:38:23 PM / 08-Sep-14 »
just thought I would update this, I have purchase a whole bunch of his parts and will install them soon. So far I have the rear control arm conversion, the front conversion, and his set of coilover adapter that I am going to use on some M30 front knuckles.

I'll make sure I make a thread of the steps needed for the install, with comment on how they made the car feel and the new alignment I could get... If everything goes well I will have time to give the car a shake on a lapping day with those before the end of the season.

All I can say is that so far the parts are well done, nicely machined and pretty! I'm curious about how the camber adjustment will work with his coilover adapter, because that would mean that I can use my camber plate as a caster plate and get nice caster (around 7-8 degree) without having the front Wheel pushed forward.

To be continued...

Offline G-E

« Reply #46 on: 01:43:25 AM / 20-Sep-14 »
Gussets:

Toe lockouts:

Shim plates:

Offline G-E

« Reply #47 on: 04:51:51 AM / 08-Jan-15 »

You know that thing you can't do when you slam? Well you can....

Offline D-sport S12

« Reply #48 on: 12:40:25 PM / 08-Jan-15 »
I should have some pictures in my build thread end of jan
Jesse R

Offline G-E

« Reply #49 on: 06:28:30 AM / 02-Apr-15 »

For the first time in 30 over years, the IRS on the Z31 and S12 is no longer an archaic monstrosity to be ashamed of!

Replacing the bushings ends of the trailing arms with sturdy rodends and adjustment hardware, this kit will allow you to correct your camber fully, correct your toe fully, eliminate the sloppy eccentric bolts that like to seize, and eliminates any possible binding from bushings.

This is not to be confused with merely slotting the subframe, which by it's very nature will not correct camber enough on most lowered cars, and in extreme cases will cause excessive uncorrectable toe. This recipe has been used for years, and has eaten many tires doing so, some people have refused to acknowledge how bad this is, others have accepted it as the price to pay. This no longer has to be the case.

You can have camber and toe within factory specification, even lowered beyond driveable.

The total cost of installing this kit should not exceed $250, and requires no modification to the chassis, the subframe or any other part except the trailing arms.

For more information regarding V1 vs V2 kits, see here: http://z31performance.com/showthread.php?24045-Trailing-arm-mods-thread

Included in the base kit (initial price: $382+ship):
- 2x mounting plates
- 4x turnbuckle adjusters
- 4x clamping hardware with fasteners
- 4x rodends with spacers and jamnuts
- 4x toe lockout washers
- 4x gussets
- 1x adjuster wrench

Limited time BONUS offer (additional $50):
- 2x second caliper weld-on brackets, one for each side

Notes:
This is a limited initial offering, there are 10 sets of V1 and 10 sets of V2 available immediately, and the dual caliper brackets are available as a bundle only until this run is completed. Afterwards, more plates will be made based on the ratio of V1 and V2 demand, and the caliper brackets will be sold as independent items.

A PDF of the modification/installation instructions will be provided...
« Last Edit: 06:29:41 AM / 02-Apr-15 by G-E »

Offline Frenchy308

« Reply #50 on: 12:47:20 AM / 05-Mar-16 »
are these kits still available? still debating weather or not i need v1 or v2. the goal is a daily slider, il be running the bc s12 coil kit (coil spring and fancy shock + s13 front).
« Last Edit: 12:47:57 AM / 05-Mar-16 by Frenchy308 »

Offline D-sport S12

Jesse R

Offline vern_k

« Reply #52 on: 04:13:16 PM / 05-Mar-16 »
are these kits still available? still debating weather or not i need v1 or v2. the goal is a daily slider, il be running the bc s12 coil kit (coil spring and fancy shock + s13 front).

Yes I just got one not to long ago

Offline sideways_s12

• CS12 OG
  • Global Moderator
  • S12 Guru
  • Vehicle: 1987 Nissan 200SX
  • Quit Fuckin around and start the car!
« Reply #53 on: 06:35:37 PM / 07-Mar-16 »
I have this saved in my favorites...

Offline Frenchy308

« Reply #54 on: 12:47:35 PM / 09-Mar-16 »
Lol asks which kit to get.  dev puts out another kit to pick  from lol

Offline zilvia_brothers

« Reply #55 on: 03:34:42 PM / 11-Apr-16 »
just thought I would update this, I have purchase a whole bunch of his parts and will install them soon. So far I have the rear control arm conversion, the front conversion, and his set of coilover adapter that I am going to use on some M30 front knuckles.

I'll make sure I make a thread of the steps needed for the install, with comment on how they made the car feel and the new alignment I could get... If everything goes well I will have time to give the car a shake on a lapping day with those before the end of the season.

All I can say is that so far the parts are well done, nicely machined and pretty! I'm curious about how the camber adjustment will work with his coilover adapter, because that would mean that I can use my camber plate as a caster plate and get nice caster (around 7-8 degree) without having the front Wheel pushed forward.

To be continued...

I was wondering how did you get the coilover adapter cuz i emailed responsetype and they said they havent made the kit yet.

"keep'n it simple with being old skool!!!"

01-present; 87 200sx sev6
R.I.P. 2003-2006; 1993 Acura Integra gs-r
RIP 09-2014; 2007 civic si sedan
2014-present; 2013 mazda5 6spd

Offline DjayS12

« Reply #56 on: 09:13:50 PM / 12-Apr-16 »
Just to make sure, I'm talking about the front coilover adapter than you weld on the knuckle.

I have M30 knuckles, I talked to him and gave him the strut diameter dimension, and he made a kit for me. It was more a custom order than a regular off the shelf kit... but essentially it's the same kit. You weld the bottom and bolt the coilover bracket up top.

Offline G-E

« Reply #57 on: 06:30:01 AM / 17-Jul-16 »
2 weeks until the coilover adapters come in for the M30 strut tube size, which I believe is the same for s12 but I'd need someone to cut one open as a sacrifice to the god of science :)

If it fits, I'll offer a front combo kit like the z31 guys have...

Offline ItchyKnee

• n00b
« Reply #58 on: 08:15:17 AM / 23-Aug-16 »
Ship me a welded on kit, arms included, and I send you a set of arms, drop core charge? =D

Offline vern_k

« Reply #59 on: 01:45:31 PM / 25-Aug-16 »
Ship me a welded on kit, arms included, and I send you a set of arms, drop core charge? =D

ummmm you might want to check on the shipping charge on that, it would be out of hand.....