Club-S12 International S12OC United Kingdom ClubS12 France S12Silvia Australia S12.org.ua Eastern Europe S12 of Sweden S12 Japan BBS
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: things I'm doing to my 86 200sx  (Read 18468 times)

Offline vern_k

things I'm doing to my 86 200sx
« on: 07:50:41 PM / 24-Jun-14 »
So after my S110 got burned up I was like well I guess I can still do my project but not the way I really wanted to..... then this came to me.......

with just a few issues, like not having drivers door window, rewired headlight switch, cat removed and a cherry bomb welded in it's place, which I didn't mind for the price I paid and since I have always missed my 84 S12 I once had that had been distroyed by a tweeker (aka meth head)......
Post Merge
well made a run to a junkyard 3 hours away to pick up a window and have a look at what other parts I can come up on, when I got there the window is a bronze tint but I took it anyway, I can always change it if I come across a blue tint someday. Also got a headlight switch just incase the one that should be in the mail to me was wrong or something so took care of this

switch in and wiring all fixed up

still need to go though and see why headlights aren't going down.....

for some reason they had cut the trim for the radio which I was able to get also so the one you see in the back ground is still the old one, which had the pull style switch for the head lights that had a wire coming right off the battery with no fuse......

then started working on

which just needs a little buffing

over all the $120 I spent at the junkyard and drive didn't turn out that bad, it's been awhile since I had my maxima on a road trip anyway.....

also got latchs for rear windows since one of mine is broke and vents for top of the door panels since one of was missing and panel kinda beat up

I have fixed that already but need to grab some pixs, just need to get some glue to fix where I had to pull the vinyl back to fix the boken plastic around the vent....

« Last Edit: 08:22:49 PM / 24-Jun-14 by vern_k »

Facebook Share    

Offline Johnny_boi

• Boxee drifter
Re: things I'm doing to my 86 200sx
« Reply #1 on: 06:24:42 PM / 11-Jul-14 »
love those wheels, 15in?

Offline vern_k

« Reply #2 on: 02:32:30 PM / 14-Oct-14 »
love those wheels, 15in?

14in I think but will have to double check on that, they are kinda beat up and I will be going to 16in so they will be for sale sooner or later (hoping on sooner)

Well as for a update, other then she has been sitting in the drive way getting cobwebs, I have the engine paid off and should be getting shipped out this week or next,  new front sub frame at home getting ready to be cleaned up and some new paint. Hoping to go junkyard shopping in the next few weeks to get some parts that I need......

did get some of the small things fixed up like the one vent that was broken, and drivers door panel back in, just need to redo the arm rest part of it yet.

did pick up a 5th job working for the guy that lets me use his shop to work on my car and any side car work I do for my friends like the clutch job I did on a 95 200sx (it says 200sx on the back but says sentra under the hood and wasn't even a SR) and where my build is going to take place, text message went something like this...

"You want to work for me in your spare time?"

"Sure, let me know when you need something done and I'll see if I can sneak it in between my other 4 jobs"

Offline vern_k

« Reply #3 on: 12:52:20 PM / 16-Oct-14 »
love those wheels, 15in?

yea they are

Offline vern_k

« Reply #4 on: 03:23:36 PM / 25-Feb-15 »
well since I haven't been here in forever, here is a little update. Well motor finely got here but still waiting on ecu and wiring harness and other parts, have to say Fever Racing has totally let me down, was hoping to have this thing on the road to go to my daughters graduation but since they have burned up all my slow time at work waiting over 4 months to get my parts I will not be able to get it put together in time..... in short don't buy from Fever Racing unless you get the parts first then pay them......

but other then that I have gotten a few other parts I needed picked up lately, got the steering wheel I wanted from all hours auto salvage in nampa, idaho. was a really nice place to deal with, it was listed on parts finder, I called and was told they would have to go check to see if it was still there and call me back (i'm like ok maybe I'll call back as see if you checked in a few days) well a few min later I get a text with a pix of it, I was a bit impressed.

Got a really nice score on ebay, rear diff was listed for $50 plus $50 for shipping with no pixs, I took the risk figuring even if it's a open and not complete it still isn't that bad of deal if I have to find stub shafts or something so I bought it, turns out not only is it complete but is also a Vlsd.......

also picked up some of the parts I needed from the upullit, along with a score on mud flaps.....

So now the biggest hold up is Fever Racing getting my parts, not only have they put me into the spot of not having my car ready for a important date, and making me wait though my slow season where it wouldn't have been a big deal to take a week off and work on it for 18 hours a day and get her put together but have pushed it to the point so now even if I got the parts tomorrow I couldn't touch them till maybe this weekend if I didn't have to much other work to get done, but the shop is also moving soon so might have to wait till that happens so my car doesn't have to be moved while it's all in parts trying to get put back together........

so yes this project is still in the works, just being held up by Fever Racing getting my parts that they had "in the warehouse ready to go" when I started paying on them.....

Offline vern_k

« Reply #5 on: 02:12:07 PM / 08-Sep-15 »
well, it has started......

Offline BOSSMAN

• http://
« Reply #6 on: 11:57:14 PM / 08-Sep-15 »
Must be the lightest S12 ever!
86 CA18ET....owner since 1990.
The name is Bossman, but you can call me Mr. Panda....My other car is a Buick....
My Skyline is here!  My Skyline is here!

Offline Prolowtone

• Mr. Clean
  • CONTRIBUTING MEMBER
  • S12 Guru
  • Vehicle: 1985 Nissan 200SX
« Reply #7 on: 02:43:01 AM / 12-Oct-15 »
nice to see you can pull the chassis from the body like that. i wanted to do that to mine but i am never home :(
I keep my car cleaner then my room
Fuck you then, I'll take my movies, box of chocolates, bottle of wine and chloroform somewhere else.
Adding an SSD to that is kinda like strapping a 3 inch stainless HKS exhaust on a geo metro.

Offline sideways_s12

• CS12 OG
  • Moderators
  • S12 Guru
  • Vehicle: 1987 Nissan 200SX
  • Quit Fuckin around and start the car!
« Reply #8 on: 08:43:40 PM / 12-Oct-15 »
I wish I had the space to do that mine when I had it! Nice work How har was that to do and what did you use to pick up the chassis?

Offline vern_k

« Reply #9 on: 03:59:22 PM / 15-Oct-15 »
It isn't hard at all, since I was pulling the whole drivetrain I decided it would be a lot faster to do it that way...... the car is on a lift, once you get the engine wiring harness free there are just a couple wires for the alt and oil sending unit and such things then just unbolt the sub frames tranny mount and rear diff and struts and shocks and lift, I'm on a lift so it was just a matter of having everything unbolted and disconnected then push the button to go up. The only thing I forgot about was pulling the rear diff support off the studs, but that wasn't a big issue (always go up a bit, look make sure nothing is hanging up) so just had to go down a bit pull it off then go up again. Can't say I would try it without a lift unless you have a way to hold the body up high enough and have enough jacks and such to let the drive train down..... 

Offline sideways_s12

• CS12 OG
  • Moderators
  • S12 Guru
« Reply #10 on: 11:06:40 PM / 15-Oct-15 »
Nice, I need a lift in my life lol

Offline vern_k

« Reply #11 on: 02:09:22 PM / 17-Nov-15 »

Online kelso840

« Reply #12 on: 02:54:27 PM / 17-Nov-15 »
Yo, Vern, what's going on here? Is that how you Aussies do sleepy eye mods? Just throw some fat cat on it and let gravity do the rest?

Anyhoot, what's REALLY going on here? Are you going AWD? I'm not familiar with that V6 block and your tranny is a little lumpy.

Looking forward to your next update.
Infrequently driving an s12.

Offline vern_k

« Reply #13 on: 03:08:02 PM / 17-Nov-15 »

it's a VQ engine with a RB tranny

Offline sideways_s12

• CS12 OG
  • Moderators
  • S12 Guru
« Reply #14 on: 11:35:27 AM / 18-Nov-15 »
Nice! Boost all the VQs lol

Offline vern_k

« Reply #15 on: 03:34:12 PM / 18-Nov-15 »
Nice! Boost all the VQs lol

that is the plan in the long run, but right now just going back and forth on building the bottom end to take any thing I can throw at it later or just using the factory parts I have and keeping it limited to what they will take.

Offline sideways_s12

• CS12 OG
  • Moderators
  • S12 Guru
« Reply #16 on: 12:19:53 PM / 19-Nov-15 »
You already have it apart you might as well overbuild it that way if you decide your not making enough or you want more, you'll have room to grow...

Offline vern_k

« Reply #17 on: 01:43:54 PM / 19-Nov-15 »
that is kinda the plan but since I'm putting a 3.0 crank in, rods have to be custom made at about $250 each, the factorys will hold to about 500 hp and 8k, but yea for like $2k I could have a bullet proof bottom end. So haven't decided if I will go that far but am leaning towards doing it then adding top end stuff later if I don't have the funds to get cams, springs and Ti retainers before getting the rest put together, need to get the money saved up to do the rear end first before I even start on getting the engine put back together.....

Offline sideways_s12

• CS12 OG
  • Moderators
  • S12 Guru
« Reply #18 on: 02:34:36 PM / 22-Nov-15 »
Makes sense and good luck with the build make sure to post plenty of pics...

Offline vern_k

« Reply #19 on: 12:57:21 AM / 24-Nov-15 »

like a glove, but the kind that the pinky finger never fits right