Club-S12 International S12OC United Kingdom ClubS12 France S12Silvia Australia S12.org.ua Eastern Europe S12 of Sweden S12 Japan BBS
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: things I'm doing to my 86 200sx  (Read 18476 times)

Offline vern_k

Re: things I'm doing to my 86 200sx
« Reply #80 on: 04:09:29 PM / 21-Dec-16 »
Need a roommate/apprentice/joint roller?

well don't really want to share my bathroom, house is only a 3 bed 2.5 bath and the guy who owns the house and his GF have the master bed/bath. Don't do enough car work or know enough for a apprentice and you can't afford to apprentice under me for my main job. Don't have enough to roll joints due to my car habit.

Offline vern_k

« Reply #81 on: 12:30:17 PM / 27-Dec-16 »
in recent set backs my pathfinder was stolen on Friday while I was at work, so have to drive the Maxima and hope the tranny holds out till I can make something else work out

Offline vern_k

« Reply #82 on: 08:54:44 PM / 12-Jan-17 »
Pathfinder has been found, don't know how much is left of it yet......

Offline iceageg

« Reply #83 on: 10:26:47 AM / 13-Jan-17 »
fuuuuuuuuck. glad it's back though
I was afraid all the five gallon buckets of pain stacked four high were going to fall over

Offline weitrhino

• Vehicle: 1985 Nissan 200SX
  • '85 Notch just cracked 46k miles! RIP '86 Notch
    • Blue Mouth Promotions LLC
« Reply #84 on: 04:52:07 PM / 14-Jan-17 »
After a month being gone, I don't like what you're likely to find. Sorry dude.

Offline vern_k

« Reply #85 on: 08:31:25 PM / 16-Jan-17 »
well got the Pathfinder out of impound today

so financially fucked right now over this......

Offline iceageg

« Reply #86 on: 08:16:35 AM / 17-Jan-17 »
Definitely somebody who has a WD21 and needed parts.  I hope you find them in a dark alley soon.
I was afraid all the five gallon buckets of pain stacked four high were going to fall over

Offline vern_k

Re: things I\'m doing to my 86 200sx
« Reply #87 on: 05:58:53 PM / 24-Jan-17 »
well got another car, my friend had this one sitting around throwing a EGR code that he didn't have time and such to track down and didn't have use for the car anyway so passed it off to me, well with a much better scanner and a day to track it down found that the wires in the plug had broken so I have "little g" to drive now

now hopefully I will be able to get back on the 200 now, I did manage to start welding up the rack mounts on Sat before we had to move cars around in the shop to get a truck ready for paint and I didn't want to be welding and grinding around a paint prepped truck so called it a day..... as soon as I have a chance I'm going to run to upullit and get the steering knuckles and start getting the front end together.

Have a couple things on the little g to fix yet but nothing that will take long so I should have some progress on Sally (200sx) soonish, have a bunch of work stuff coming up but have a few days here and there. I do know now that a G20 front bumper cover will work on a S12 with a little modification.....
Post Merge
Definitely somebody who has a WD21 and needed parts.  I hope you find them in a dark alley soon.

yea there has been 3 WD21s taken in the area in the last couple months, according to the FB page.... yea more then likely if they do get busted they will be back in the alleys soon since the court system isn't doing anything about these people other the letting them off super easy...
« Last Edit: 06:01:49 PM / 24-Jan-17 by vern_k »

Offline vern_k

« Reply #88 on: 04:57:08 PM / 07-Feb-17 »

made it to upullit on Sat for my new knuckles

I will have some options to decide when it comes to hubs and bearings.... The bearings for the Altima knuckles are bigger (don't have my notes with me at the moment) along with the hubs being 5 lug so I will have to
1. drill the hub for 4 lug
2. use bearings from a G20/99 Altima and several other things up to 2000......

drilling more then likely would be the simplest, I would have to use the outer CV shafts from the Altima, which I have now due to not being able to get them off in the yard (not a single one had the engine in couldn't get leverage) since the bearings are sealed with just dust shields, down side, could have balance issues at high speeds due to the extra holes in the hub.

the bearing with the larger O.D. and smaller I.D. which has a few things that could be a pain, they use grease seals and are thinner by a few mm, which I can make a spacer to make up the difference between the bearing and snap ring which then I would have to find a way for the grease seal to go in. Then there is which way to off set the bearing or if it would need to be centered for the hub to sit right. Now if it would need to be centered I might be able to use the smaller seals from the 2nd gen Maxima and make the spacer hold the seal, which is the way I think it would work.

one other issue that switching knuckles has caused is that the bolt spacing on the bottom of the coil overs that clamp on the knuckles is off and the bolts themselves are bigger, which is a simple fix since I can maybe just buy the new parts I need from BC, but depending on price I might just enlarge the holes off to the side I need to make up the spacing difference......

Offline vern_k

« Reply #89 on: 03:00:23 PM / 07-Mar-17 »
New lower bracket is on order from BC hope it doesn't take to long to get here

Got steering rack mounts made this weekend

I can still get my starter out without taking it apart so that a plus

I did lose a few degrees of ackermans but I am going to leave it as a movable mount so I can dial some more in if needed for the hair pins....

Offline vern_k

« Reply #90 on: 01:25:13 PM / 15-Mar-17 »
did some odds and ends this weekend, put the new fusible links that were needed in.

cleaned headlight switch

hooked up some power

found out that both my head light motors work, so thats a score just need to make some linkages for them still going back and forth on how I'm going to make them.... fully functional sleepy eyes would be cool but I already have enough to do with out having to make complicated parts....

have this ready for the plug I need to make for the new spline and double ujoints set up that I need to order

had some fun at 0.040 for job #2

"I can sits here with out being in the way"

started getting this set up, according to the rope I need a 9 foot hose made

"pet me I know you want to"

need to work out what to do with the wiring, the two small wires go to the ETS-PRO but the other two are the pressure switch to kick the pump on via relay, from what I can tell by what little I can find online I have one as a ground and one to ground the relay, with a switched power wire to control the power wire for the pump...... but it's something I want to for sure on since I don't want to fry anything on this cuz it's parts that are a bit hard to come by here.....

Offline vern_k

« Reply #91 on: 06:41:58 PM / 28-Mar-17 »
Got some parts in last week.

just one more part for this stuff to get, but just getting a coupler to make sure I get the right size for the rack, this one (part in the bag) is to big so have the other one that it might be the right one on the way and once that gets here, if it is the right one I will return them and get the part I really need....

made the part I needed for the steering shaft to be welded in

new lower mounts for the coil overs came also

they are taller which is fine since I was kinda bummed with the S13 that I wouldn't have been able to go 4X4 stance at all

just need to make my tension rod bracket spacers to take care of the angle on the tension rod other then that, it's starting to look not to bad of angles

Also got started on this, have them all assigned to their seat, have some 400 grit on the way so when that gets here have another night of fire starting

pix before I do the last row

have some clean up to do from when the valve guides were done and the 400 grit on the seats then a run though the dish washer and put them together so I can figure out what buckets I need to order and the heads will be ready.

Offline rednucleus

• Old Fart #2
  • CONTRIBUTING MEMBER
  • Vehicle: 1985 Nissan 200SX
« Reply #92 on: 11:24:43 PM / 28-Mar-17 »
Hmmm, no comments from the cats this time - kinda disappointed lol!

Offline vern_k

« Reply #93 on: 12:28:41 PM / 29-Mar-17 »
Hmmm, no comments from the cats this time - kinda disappointed lol!

damn your right forgot to type in about the new part box love.....

Offline vern_k

« Reply #94 on: 05:04:23 PM / 04-Apr-17 »
Found the right spline for my steering rack so now have to send back the couplers and order the U joint I need for that then I should have all the parts for finishing up the steering other then tie rod ends which I want to work out how much of a spacer I can run on the inner tie rods to get a bit more angle if my rack will allow them, and get the knuckles so I can see how long they need to be.

for hubs I modified some rear S13s

"hmmmmm new parts box"   "so what didn't you smell this sandwich"

test fitted the hubs

I just need to take a little more off the inside on the back side just to be sure it's not hitting on the CV shaft before the bearing, it wasn't but close so just to be on the safe side..... Then there is a matter of brake rotors which I am looking into a few options....

also took care of this issue on lil G this weekend

Offline vern_k

« Reply #95 on: 12:21:09 PM / 27-Apr-17 »
took on my intake this weekend just some mild port matching and clean up

I did open this up a little on the back side

just a little ledge to get rid of

just need to drill and tap holes for throttle body and match that up and clean out runners and thats all set other then getting gaskets and matching those up

also have one of my adapter plates (oval to round port) all set but called it a night while the glue was setting that I used to glue the round port NWP spacer to adapter plate to lower intake so I can keep them all together in place while I finish porting so should have those down this week and then get the heads ran though the dish washer and start assembling them. Hope to get me credit bills paid down and start ordering lower end parts soon.

Offline iceageg

« Reply #96 on: 06:03:18 AM / 28-Apr-17 »
Can't wait to see how your oval to round plates look when mated to the intake and head.

Again . . . no commentary from the cats?  You need to keep the pussy happy man or it will go away!

Offline vern_k

« Reply #97 on: 04:10:03 PM / 28-Apr-17 »
Can't wait to see how your oval to round plates look when mated to the intake and head.

Again . . . no commentary from the cats?  You need to keep the pussy happy man or it will go away!

I'll grab some pixs when I get the lower all done..... haven't been around the kittys since they are at the car shop and this stuff is done at my house..... but they will be back soon, just need to get this stuff taken care of so when I get to the point of making her turn and stop, I have almost everything ready to make her go....

Offline vern_k

« Reply #98 on: 04:47:24 PM / 24-May-17 »
well finished off my adapter plates, so those are all ready and just have clean up and assembly on the rest of the intake. Should be start getting heads assembled soon also. Ordered last of the parts I need for steering shaft so next time I get to the car shop I will be putting that together.

Offline vern_k

« Reply #99 on: 02:58:27 PM / 12-Jun-17 »
Put the steering wheel I'm going to use put in

welded up the lower steering shaft, the spline stub is welded into the plug I made then pressed in and welded.

road block

had to make a bearing holder

have some clean up and trimming yet, but think I still have room for exhaust to squeeze though with some heat shielding

https://youtu.be/lW0dMTMfukU