What's this called in English? Urgent!

Started by Does it moo?, 01:47:17 PM / 30-Jun-14

Previous topic - Next topic

Does it moo?

The circled rod that bolts to the control arm, between the sway bar and ball joint:

I'm not a native English speaker and there are no parts in my country. There are diagonal holes on the S13 control arms, and the S12 rod thingies don't fit.

Please help, I wanna get this working before the summer's over!
This whole box is PEPE SILVIA!

Scruffy

Most commonly called a 'tension rod.'  I've also heard 'radius rod' used.

Does it moo?

So THAT'S what a tension rod is. Makes sense. Thank you!

SchizophrenicMC

The tension rod is used to minimize front-and-back movement of the control arm, in order to control caster. It's used in place of an A-arm lower for weight and space savings, and commonly for cost reduction. Also called a radius rod, for reasons beyond my knowledge.

I don't know, actually, what the relation between the S13 tension rod and S12 tension rod is.
Quote from: Jay on 10:44:55 PM / 03-Jun-12
Nah, quoted for future use because not only is it lame and old, but it's a direct link to Schizo posting up homoerotic menswear fanfiction.
Quotezololn: wheres the check engine light on the s12?

DjayS12

You can drill a new hole in the control arm to make the tension rod fit without adverse effect.

see my build thread!

spiderwebfx

Also called a castor rod in other parts of the world

DjayS12

Don't touch, my rod!

Being french, that's what I think everytime I see it called castor rod (castor = beaver)

see my build thread!

SchizophrenicMC

Caster is spelled caster. Castor is an oil given to misbehaving children. Castoreum is a flavoring oil derived from anal glands of beavers, used for strawberry, raspberry, and vanilla flavoring, among others.
Nah, quoted for future use because not only is it lame and old, but it's a direct link to Schizo posting up homoerotic menswear fanfiction.

XenoVibe

Quote from: SchizophrenicMC on 11:54:29 AM / 15-Jul-14
Castoreum is a flavoring oil derived from anal glands of beavers, used for strawberry, raspberry, and vanilla flavoring, among others.

That can't be legit.. can it? o.o
I am XenoVibe, Xano is my clone baby :D

Help with my swap preeash! >:O

SR Swap / AutoManual Conversion Problems.

SchizophrenicMC

Does it moo?

Damn, that's some fine ass beaver trivia.

SchizophrenicMC