Club-S12 International S12OC United Kingdom ClubS12 France S12Silvia Australia S12.org.ua Eastern Europe S12 of Sweden S12 Japan BBS
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Question about Tokico shocks with CM springs  (Read 1443 times)

Offline Otto_24

Question about Tokico shocks with CM springs
« on: 10:04:58 AM / 16-Oct-14 »
Hello everyone, I'm new to clubS12 please forgive me if this topic has been discussed. I have not been able to find the right information anywhere.
I purchased the set of lowering springs from Canuck Motorsports a while ago, and the proper tokico illumina shocks that fit an '87 S12. My problem is that the front spring is so short that the top 'cup' that is suppose to sit on top of the spring is nowhere near the spring. It sits on top of the shock, and there is a large gap between the cup and the top of the spring. I know that normally when you release the spring, the cup is held on with the nut and it sort of becomes one unit with the strut, cartridge, and spring that is under tension. SO my question is, did I get the wrong spring? or is this a normal occurrence, and I'm just a total noob?
Thank you all for your help. Any suggestion is appreciated.
« Last Edit: 04:18:34 PM / 16-Oct-14 by Otto_24 »

Facebook Share    

Offline sideways_s12

• CS12 OG
  • Global Moderator
  • S12 Guru
  • Vehicle: 1987 Nissan 200SX
  • Quit Fuckin around and start the car!
Re: Question about Tokico shocks with CM springs
« Reply #1 on: 08:23:34 PM / 20-Oct-14 »
Sounds like the wrong spring maybe you are using the rear spring for the front?

Offline Otto_24

« Reply #2 on: 10:47:42 AM / 21-Oct-14 »
Thanks for your help sideways_s12,   i think I have the springs on the right ends. The diameter of the rear springs are noticeably smaller than the front ones, so it would hard to reverses them, but it seems like I may have the wrong spring.... as in they are too short for some reason. I'm wondering if anybody using the same combination shock and spring had any fitment issues. Based on what I have read here, it should be a bolt on mod. But I could be wrong.

Offline sideways_s12

• CS12 OG
  • Global Moderator
  • S12 Guru
  • Vehicle: 1987 Nissan 200SX
  • Quit Fuckin around and start the car!
« Reply #3 on: 12:59:31 PM / 25-May-15 »
I had the same set up and didn't have any issues, I would assume it's the wrong spring...