Club-S12 International S12OC United Kingdom ClubS12 France S12Silvia Australia S12.org.ua Eastern Europe S12 of Sweden S12 Japan BBS
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Weirdest transmission problem. HELP!  (Read 2494 times)

Offline kouki20

• n00b
Weirdest transmission problem. HELP!
« on: 09:32:23 PM / 17-Nov-14 »
Its a ca18et manual transmission.

I will try to explain the best i can.
Car starts fine with the shifter in neutral position but as i release the clutch, the cars stalls.
In other words the car stalls in neutral. I dont think it has anything to do with the motor cause the way it stalls is as if you were in gear and release the clutch.
With the car off, you can push and move the car in neutral and/or with clutch pressed.

What could it be?

Facebook Share    

Offline pakii-afa

Re: Weirdest transmission problem. HELP!
« Reply #1 on: 05:25:10 PM / 18-Nov-14 »
need more detail, how did this happen, do you have play in the shifter, can you feel gears being selected, in "neutral" if you slowly let off the clutch and press the gas do you move. - only with the car on, if doesnt really tell much when its off.

you may be missing the "bushing" at the bottom of the shifter itself. its a plastic piece that clips onto the small ball at the bottom of the shifter, if it brakes or whatever, (happened in a 240) you get tons of play and think youre in gears that youre not.

Offline kouki20

• n00b
« Reply #2 on: 04:30:29 AM / 19-Nov-14 »
it doesnt move forward if thats what you're asking. it jerks and stalls in netral position. might be stuck in a gear. oh well i guess ill just have to find me a new tranny. thanks

Offline Basic

« Reply #3 on: 02:32:22 PM / 19-Nov-14 »
if it were stuck in a gear and car will roll than you it should move.

The only thing I can thing of that would cause something like this is neutral issues

Can you move the car in neutral with the clutch released?
Hey, truck engine + truck turbo - why not?