Club-S12 International S12OC United Kingdom ClubS12 France S12Silvia Australia S12.org.ua Eastern Europe S12 of Sweden S12 Japan BBS
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Uh... what happened to cs12?  (Read 49325 times)

Offline iceageg

Re: Uh... what happened to cs12?
« Reply #140 on: 07:38:30 AM / 26-Apr-18 »
Still the only forum with a "Show unread posts since last visit" link at the BOTTOM of each thread.  So much win right there.
I was afraid all the five gallon buckets of pain stacked four high were going to fall over

Offline CzechSilvia

« Reply #141 on: 04:39:42 AM / 06-May-18 »
That's a good point, we gotta change that at this point.  That "title" is bullshit now that people post so much less frequently.  I'll adjust them soon I think.

Damn, and I just turned from noob to full member, I was actually quite proud of that, haha
But what do I know? All I know about cars I learned from youtube...

Offline SchizophrenicMC

• Resident Resident
  • Moderators
  • Vehicle: 2000 BMW 5 Series
  • I Like Gay Girls
« Reply #142 on: 11:15:00 AM / 06-May-18 »
I say, if you want new member titles, get your post count up accordingly.

Then again, even I don't post often anymore, so I'm part of the problem too.
Nah, quoted for future use because not only is it lame and old, but it's a direct link to Schizo posting up homoerotic menswear fanfiction.
zololn: wheres the check engine light on the s12?

Offline CzechSilvia

« Reply #143 on: 01:23:04 PM / 06-May-18 »
I was just joking. Although I am flattered by the title of full member, differentiating between the members does seem a bit silly when there are about 7 people posting on the forum.

Anyway, to make this place seem a little bit less lonely, would it be possible to get rid of the unreliable confirmation email, which prevents the new members from finishing the registration, and replace it with something else? Captcha perhaps? ...seriously asking, I don't know much about this stuff.
But what do I know? All I know about cars I learned from youtube...

Offline SchizophrenicMC

• Resident Resident
  • Moderators
  • I Like Gay Girls
« Reply #144 on: 06:06:20 PM / 06-May-18 »
Last we spoke, Xano was looking into a solution. The emails were implemented a while back because there were a lot of spambots signing up accounts on forums all over the interballs and it was ruining everyone's day. They worked for a long time here too, but something seems to have broken them.

I looked through the moderator tools and I couldn't find anything to manually approve users on my end either, so if that can be enabled, at the very least that would help out since I'm on pretty frequently.
Nah, quoted for future use because not only is it lame and old, but it's a direct link to Schizo posting up homoerotic menswear fanfiction.

Offline darquizard

• n00b
« Reply #145 on: 10:44:09 AM / 07-May-18 »
I wasn't able to sign up at all, the confirmation email never came. Tried to reset my password, didn't work, tried re-sending the confirmation and that didn't work either.

Finally, I just tried to log in after a week or so, and it did work. I assume a moderator or admin approved my account anyways.

Offline sideways_s12

• CS12 OG
  • Global Moderator
  • S12 Guru
  • Vehicle: 1987 Nissan 200SX
  • Quit Fuckin around and start the car!
« Reply #146 on: 08:13:41 PM / 26-Aug-18 »
Yup thats ki da my fault I usually approve everyone but have been gone for awhile...

Offline cls12vg30

• Honored Veterans
  • S12 Guru
  • Vehicle: 1988 Nissan 200SX
    • http://www.v6-s12.com
« Reply #147 on: 12:05:38 PM / 27-Aug-18 »
Do you need any help covering that stuff, Sideways?  PM me if you need a hand.

I've been a more frequent visitor on the forum side since I started pushing hard to get my SE back on the road.

Those of us who remember what this club was like in the '00s will always have a soft spot for it.
1988 200SX SE V6
2015 Jeep Renegade 1.4T

Offline SchizophrenicMC

• Resident Resident
  • Moderators
  • I Like Gay Girls
« Reply #148 on: 01:06:22 PM / 27-Aug-18 »
I'm on here pretty much every day, I just keep forgetting manual registration acceptance is a thing. I'll add that to my daily crawl, pick up some of the slack on my end.

Offline 86forever

« Reply #149 on: 01:42:49 AM / 28-Sep-18 »
am still here lost in LA with my s12

Offline Maxpow

• S12 Guru
  • Vehicle: 1987 Nissan S12
« Reply #150 on: 12:10:48 PM / 20-Dec-18 »
Checking in. I am doing well. No more getting in trouble.

My son is now 9 and all he wants to do is fish.

I started an expedited freight company so I pull trailers with a 5.9 cummins now. I Love driving professionally. I finally have found my place in the world. Also converted to Karaite Judaism and stopped being a complete degenerate.

Still got the Kia, now I am married and have a 13 yr old step daughter. Wife and I got a 1981 Merc 300Td and a 1984 GMC Suburban in the fleet now too. So 4 vehicles but not S12's. Almost NEVER see them anymore. So weird going from being the guy who saw 100s in the yards, to not seeing one in person except the miracle moments that come every once in a blue moon when I am out on the road. Would love to eventually get another SE. One day. Love you guys. Hope all is well.

1987 Nissan 200sx SE ("The Squirrely Drifter") - Totaled and Gone forever
1987 Nissan 200sx SE ("The Weebly Wobbler") - Impounded and Gone forever
2007 Kia Spectra - Fantastic Daily Driver - Custom CAI, NGK wires/plugs.
2002 Hyundai Accent - Totaled and Gone Forever.

MAXPOW'S PARTS SALES: http://club-s12.org/v3/index.php?topic=31350.new#new
SEND ME A PMhttp://club-s12.org/v3/index.php?action=pm;sa=send;u=2092 /EMAIL Maxpow99@hotmail.com

Certified Member of SoCal Parts Alliance.

And, I'm going to say this publicly. Maxpow knows how to keep me at bay, while still laughing with him. Take lessons y'all

Offline JonB

• CONTRIBUTING MEMBER
  • S12 Guru
    • http://
« Reply #151 on: 04:58:07 PM / 20-Dec-18 »
Glad things are going well for you.

I was unaware of that particular sect of judism. Makes sense cause I just read theres approximately 1000 in the US if the source was correct. Maybe glanced over it in a sociology text, but that was years ago.

Keep up the non-degenerate stuff, happy holidays, and its time to buy an S12.

Offline SchizophrenicMC

• Resident Resident
  • Moderators
  • I Like Gay Girls
« Reply #152 on: 02:56:26 PM / 21-Dec-18 »
Congratulations to Maxpow for pulling himself out of utter degeneracy. The S12 community lost big when everything went down.

Glad to see you're on your feet again.

Offline Cajun1guy

• Old fart (pedoro numero uno)
  • Vehicle: 1984 Nissan 200SX
« Reply #153 on: 08:56:27 PM / 25-Dec-18 »
Max, great to hear from an old member! Glad to hear things have turned around for you, sure hope life continues to improve for you and your family!

Offline Xano

• Viva la Tropico!
  • Administrator
  • S12 Guru
  • Vehicle: 2014 Dodge Charger
    • This Isn't Over, LLC
« Reply #154 on: 10:16:10 PM / 22-Feb-19 »
Hi Everyone,

I know the site has declined considerably since our heyday era after the first switch from IPBoard to SMF.  I don't know what the fix will be, but the site WILL be around for a long time to come.  It'll always be a personal love of mine to work on and administer this forum.  I do want to modernize this site at some point, but I don't know where the first place to start would be.  There's a possible idea of converting old forum tech documents and writeups to wiki format. However, there are plenty of questions that go along with that idea.

The Good News
  • I'm investigating Google/Facebook Single Authentication plugins.
  • You folks have kept the chat alive almost every single day.
  • Facebook seems to be on a decline.
  • Marketplace plugins are plentiful now for SMF.
  • Mobile Themes are readily available and could be implemented now.
  • Last but not least, I haven't forgotten you and I continue to pay the yearly server fees for this site out of my own pocket.

The Bad News
  • There is no way to allow mods to approve new members without opening full permissions and group control to them.
  • We've declined this far already, how do we come back?
  • How do we handle generating more users when our favorite car's simple existence is declining?
  • How do we locate the best tech articles to create a wiki style repository of S12 knowledge?
  • How do we generate new member registrations to increase content generation?

The To Do List
  • Fix the registration process.
  • Implement a true mobile view now that these things are more available.
  • Update the Member Rank Names (not changing the post counts for now)!

That having been said, I think we can overcome this slump if we work to drive more people here.  Try to drive the facebook posters to the site when you can (but not with "Did you check the stickies" responses).  I personally feel that having a searchable Wiki and both Wiki and forum sections for new content about the S110s, R31s, 280zs, Z31s and other similarly aged Nissan platforms would be an option, but I want to hear from the other ranking members of the site and even from you all on how well you think that would go over.

I'll work on the main things blocking our new members from joining and check back in with some kind of survey after those are resolved. 
~xano

Offline SchizophrenicMC

• Resident Resident
  • Moderators
  • I Like Gay Girls
« Reply #155 on: 11:39:40 AM / 24-Feb-19 »
I tried to drive traffic from Facebook to the forum when I was an admin on the fb page, but Arro and I had some disagreements about how best to go about that and what standards to apply, so I deferred to his judgment and have just kept to the forum since then. The main goal, really, was to ensure that technical discussions were properly archived here, and would become searchable in the future, rather than whatever facebook thinks is acceptable. And who wouldn't want to get more daily posting traffic into the site? It'd be great to see the forum return to its heyday, though I don't think that's feasible in today's internet- not to mention the decline in S12s to commune over.

I'm eager to see what you come up with on the technical side of things, Xano. In the meantime, I'll try and keep eyes on the forum and manual membership approvals. And I'll continue spamming the shoutbox as I've done for the past 7 years.

Offline JonB

• CONTRIBUTING MEMBER
  • S12 Guru
    • http://
« Reply #156 on: 02:48:21 PM / 24-Feb-19 »
Yea, numbers of S12s are declining.

How many s110s exist?

Id think s30s and s13s might over run the place.

Fj20.com is way worse, and its a resource as well.

Where do all the 510, 610, 710, 620, 720, s130 guys go?

I havent been to infamous, or z31 in quite a while.

Offline ndd

• n00b
  • 84 hatch 5.0. 86 notch 2.0
« Reply #157 on: 02:32:36 PM / 10-Mar-19 »
I never had Facebook.  But I joined the Clubs12 on Facebook.  I only joined for Club s12.  This forum has helped me and countless others keeping there S12s on the road. Seems the club s12 group is fairly active on Facebook. While the original site it great I believe things have just evolved some??  I still hop on this sight it is an incredible source for info and ideas.  Long live the S12’s and those who keep em going!  Peace

Offline EternalSwap

• King of awesome
  • Club-S12 Promoter
  • S12 Guru
  • Technicolor: You can't say no.
    • http://myspace.com/yugodscmaxxer
« Reply #158 on: 10:02:55 AM / 24-Jul-20 »
Awww, yall talked about me in here. Not to worry, I'll be back. Sooner than you might think.
-Alex

EL PENE DE LA MUERTE
Quote from: David B
wow. im horny. i dont know why. but i just figured id let you guys know. i really wanna bite someones bean. i mean. chomp on some ass
hahah Alex just pwned C-S12, w3rd.

Offline sideways_s12

• CS12 OG
  • Global Moderator
  • S12 Guru
  • Vehicle: 1987 Nissan 200SX
  • Quit Fuckin around and start the car!
« Reply #159 on: 04:51:06 PM / 30-Jan-21 »
It'd be awesome if we could get all the OG's back...