Club-S12 International S12OC United Kingdom ClubS12 France S12Silvia Australia S12.org.ua Eastern Europe S12 of Sweden S12 Japan BBS
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Uh... what happened to cs12?  (Read 14926 times)

Offline iceageg

Re: Uh... what happened to cs12?
« Reply #140 on: 07:38:30 AM / 26-Apr-18 »
Still the only forum with a "Show unread posts since last visit" link at the BOTTOM of each thread.  So much win right there.
I was afraid all the five gallon buckets of pain stacked four high were going to fall over

Online CzechSilvia

« Reply #141 on: 04:39:42 AM / 06-May-18 »
That's a good point, we gotta change that at this point.  That "title" is bullshit now that people post so much less frequently.  I'll adjust them soon I think.

Damn, and I just turned from noob to full member, I was actually quite proud of that, haha
But what do I know? All I know about cars I learned from youtube...

Online SchizophrenicMC

• Resident Resident
  • Moderators
  • Vehicle: 1991 Nissan S13
  • I Like Gay Girls
« Reply #142 on: 11:15:00 AM / 06-May-18 »
I say, if you want new member titles, get your post count up accordingly.

Then again, even I don't post often anymore, so I'm part of the problem too.
Nah, quoted for future use because not only is it lame and old, but it's a direct link to Schizo posting up homoerotic menswear fanfiction.
zololn: wheres the check engine light on the s12?

Online CzechSilvia

« Reply #143 on: 01:23:04 PM / 06-May-18 »
I was just joking. Although I am flattered by the title of full member, differentiating between the members does seem a bit silly when there are about 7 people posting on the forum.

Anyway, to make this place seem a little bit less lonely, would it be possible to get rid of the unreliable confirmation email, which prevents the new members from finishing the registration, and replace it with something else? Captcha perhaps? ...seriously asking, I don't know much about this stuff.
But what do I know? All I know about cars I learned from youtube...

Online SchizophrenicMC

• Resident Resident
  • Moderators
  • I Like Gay Girls
« Reply #144 on: 06:06:20 PM / 06-May-18 »
Last we spoke, Xano was looking into a solution. The emails were implemented a while back because there were a lot of spambots signing up accounts on forums all over the interballs and it was ruining everyone's day. They worked for a long time here too, but something seems to have broken them.

I looked through the moderator tools and I couldn't find anything to manually approve users on my end either, so if that can be enabled, at the very least that would help out since I'm on pretty frequently.
Nah, quoted for future use because not only is it lame and old, but it's a direct link to Schizo posting up homoerotic menswear fanfiction.

Offline darquizard

• n00b
« Reply #145 on: 10:44:09 AM / 07-May-18 »
I wasn't able to sign up at all, the confirmation email never came. Tried to reset my password, didn't work, tried re-sending the confirmation and that didn't work either.

Finally, I just tried to log in after a week or so, and it did work. I assume a moderator or admin approved my account anyways.

Offline sideways_s12

• CS12 OG
  • Moderators
  • S12 Guru
  • Vehicle: 1987 Nissan 200SX
  • Quit Fuckin around and start the car!
« Reply #146 on: 08:13:41 PM / 26-Aug-18 »
Yup thats ki da my fault I usually approve everyone but have been gone for awhile...

Offline cls12vg30

• Honored Veterans
  • S12 Guru
  • Vehicle: 1988 Nissan 200SX
    • http://www.v6-s12.com
« Reply #147 on: 12:05:38 PM / 27-Aug-18 »
Do you need any help covering that stuff, Sideways?  PM me if you need a hand.

I've been a more frequent visitor on the forum side since I started pushing hard to get my SE back on the road.

Those of us who remember what this club was like in the '00s will always have a soft spot for it.
1988 200SX SE V6
2015 Jeep Renegade 1.4T

Online SchizophrenicMC

• Resident Resident
  • Moderators
  • I Like Gay Girls
« Reply #148 on: 01:06:22 PM / 27-Aug-18 »
I'm on here pretty much every day, I just keep forgetting manual registration acceptance is a thing. I'll add that to my daily crawl, pick up some of the slack on my end.