Club-S12 International S12OC United Kingdom ClubS12 France S12Silvia Australia S12.org.ua Eastern Europe S12 of Sweden S12 Japan BBS
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Attention: This Soffish Do Not Eat - Schizo's Second S12  (Read 7504 times)

Offline rednucleus

• Old Fart #2
  • CONTRIBUTING MEMBER
  • Vehicle: 1985 Nissan 200SX
Re: Schizo's Second S12 (56k Beware? Is that even a thing anymore?)
« Reply #20 on: 11:40:11 PM / 04-Mar-15 »
just don't try to mold it out of plastic my friend!

Offline SchizophrenicMC

• Resident Resident
  • Moderators
  • Vehicle: 1991 Nissan S13
  • I Like Gay Girls
« Reply #21 on: 10:07:02 PM / 27-Mar-15 »
just don't try to mold it out of plastic my friend!

I tried, and I succeeded:

Also, got my clutch pedal assembly, finally. Made it pretty, too. Before:

After:

Now, I need to get it towed home from where I've been working on it, because they won't let me work on it there anymore. It's still not running, though, and I don't have enough money to rent a trailer. This is a predicament.
Nah, quoted for future use because not only is it lame and old, but it's a direct link to Schizo posting up homoerotic menswear fanfiction.
zololn: wheres the check engine light on the s12?

Offline seishuku

• 1998CC's of fun!
  • S12 Guru
  • Vehicle: 1987 Nissan S12
« Reply #22 on: 04:40:38 PM / 28-Mar-15 »
I thought you guys don't have rust down there... Even my clutch box isn't that rusty! :lol:
Matt W.
Daily: 2015 Ecoboost Mustang
Previous Daily: 2011 Camaro V6 (tree fell on it)
Previous previous: 2013 VW Jetta TDI super polluter (got bought back)

Offline SchizophrenicMC

• Resident Resident
  • Moderators
  • I Like Gay Girls
« Reply #23 on: 05:28:02 PM / 28-Mar-15 »
The clutch box came off a car from Kentucky. I don't know the full story, but I needed one on account of my car is automatic, and the only person who would sell me one was from that way. The existing brake pedal box on the car is in much better shape than this box was.

By the by, for future reference, automatic and manual S12 brake pedal arms are the same, the only difference between them is the metal foot plate welded on the end.
Nah, quoted for future use because not only is it lame and old, but it's a direct link to Schizo posting up homoerotic menswear fanfiction.

Offline SchizophrenicMC

• Resident Resident
  • Moderators
  • I Like Gay Girls
« Reply #24 on: 11:02:39 PM / 04-Apr-15 »

Towed the stupid whore to its new resting place: Ryan's apartment. (Not Bryan's apartment, where I had it previously)

Offline SchizophrenicMC

• Resident Resident
  • Moderators
  • I Like Gay Girls
« Reply #25 on: 08:17:23 AM / 16-Apr-15 »
Pulled the battery out of the S12 yesterday to put it in the S13. To be fair, the battery originally belonged to the S13. With the use of some spare parts, I've finally gotten the S13 running. I'm not sure if this makes my work on the S12 easier or harder, because now it's going to be especially hard to justify the car to my parents, who I unfortunately still live with, as a poor 21-year-old college dropout. (Of course, it's totally fine if my deaf social-security-collecting father wants to buy a plane and restore it in the garage, alongside all the other junk, but it's a major travesty if I want to have a project car. Or two)

But, it was good to drive an S again. I missed it.

Offline my12

« Reply #26 on: 08:33:47 AM / 16-Apr-15 »
Nice S13, i miss mine . Any plans for the S13?

Offline SchizophrenicMC

• Resident Resident
  • Moderators
  • I Like Gay Girls
« Reply #27 on: 10:43:10 AM / 16-Apr-15 »
Big plans. Turbocharging plans. But it's admittedly hard to feel that way when it's running after so long not being able to drive it.

This is the only S13 I've ever seen in person without a cracked dashboard and tons of ridiculous cheapskate mods. All I've done to this car so far is replace the factory stereo system with some not-25-year-old Pioneer stuff I had lying around, swapped an S14 KA in (because the original engine seized up within 2 miles me owning it), and I deleted the emissions equipment as part of my vacuum simplification. (Which is ultimately what got it back on the road) I also painted it, I suppose, but my surface prep wasn't the best, so you can see scratches under the paint at about 5 feet away, and some of the painted plastics are exhibiting bubbling and dimpling, which is concerning. Also, the front bumper spent 6 months off the car, and I believe it to be warped. (You can see next to the driver headlight, where it doesn't sit flush. It appears to all be mounted correctly) I intend to strip it back down to bare metal eventually, and repaint it properly in a climate controlled shop, rather than in my driveway. No matter how professional the rest of your equipment is, it's hard to get professional results in a driveway.

At the moment, it's basically stock, and there is a certain magic to that. But this does kind of throw a wrench into my S12 plans. I need to compensate for that by making more money. Somehow.

Offline Brandon G

• Vehicle: 1992 Toyota Aristo
  • I love me some chicken wangs!
Re: Attention: This Soffish Do Not Eat - Schizo's Second S12
« Reply #28 on: 07:15:33 PM / 27-Apr-15 »
I'm confused, most people have to make some sort of custom trans crossmember when swapping S13 stuff into their S12. I bought an S13 with a CA18DET and the stock crossmember bolted in just fine on my S12.
1971 Dodge Demon 340
1985 AE86 GTS coupe
1985 AE86 GTS coupe
1985 AE86 GTS hatch
1986 S12 hatch CA18DET
1992 S13 coupe
1992 JZS147 Aristo 2JZ-GTE
1993 R33 Skyline RB25DET

Offline SchizophrenicMC

• Resident Resident
  • Moderators
  • I Like Gay Girls
« Reply #29 on: 07:47:23 PM / 27-Apr-15 »
Your car is a mk1.5, probably has a Mk2 floorpan. My car is a Mk1, originally automatic even.

Offline kyskater

• http://
« Reply #30 on: 01:07:23 AM / 28-Apr-15 »
Lol  the clutch pedal has been sitting on a shop floor that floods when it gets wet when it pours raIn lol...i had it laying around because no used hafter rhd swap

Quote from: Arro
hahah NIPPLES, sam. Nipples!

Offline SchizophrenicMC

• Resident Resident
  • Moderators
  • I Like Gay Girls
« Reply #31 on: 09:49:58 AM / 28-Apr-15 »
Well, a quick pass through the blasting cabinet and it cleaned up nicely. It's in the car now, I just haven't had a chance to cut the brake pedal short. Among other things.

Offline SchizophrenicMC

• Resident Resident
  • Moderators
  • I Like Gay Girls
« Reply #32 on: 06:31:38 PM / 22-Jul-15 »
After a long silent period, VICTORY:

Offline iceageg

« Reply #33 on: 08:34:31 AM / 23-Jul-15 »
Congratulations man.
I was afraid all the five gallon buckets of pain stacked four high were going to fall over

Online kelso840

« Reply #34 on: 09:34:01 AM / 23-Jul-15 »
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dope. Glad to see your dedication beat out the tribulations on this project.
Infrequently driving an s12.

Offline S12_Lifer

• S12 for life!
« Reply #35 on: 05:29:40 PM / 23-Jul-15 »
Mission accomplished!  Love to see any S12 rolling in the streets!  Still got those steelies if your still interested.

Offline rednucleus

• Old Fart #2
  • CONTRIBUTING MEMBER
« Reply #36 on: 06:00:10 PM / 23-Jul-15 »
Knew if I stuck around here long enough you would be seen driving an S12!
BTW do you miss the CA yet?

Offline SchizophrenicMC

• Resident Resident
  • Moderators
  • I Like Gay Girls
« Reply #37 on: 09:26:18 PM / 23-Jul-15 »
I wasn't even driving- that's Ryan. He's actually the owner now. I'm just the technician. What with the S13, the Jeep, and plans for a new daily, I don't have time, money, or space for the S12. So the torch has been passed, kind of. Ryan's totally out of his depth when it comes to this stuff, but he's really interested in the car, and he's learning. During all of this, I'm going to be the one who turns idea into running car, and he does have some ideas, believe you me. This thread might not update too frequently, but when it does, expect cool stuff I guess.

Still, it doesn't feel like any less of a victory to have this car running. It's been a long time coming. This is the first time I've gotten an S12 started since I bought my first car, back in 2011. Feels good, man.

Señor Gonzaga, Ryan does want to get the appropriate steelies, but shipping may preclude that for awhile. He's probably gonna need that window guide before the wheels become enough of a problem to deal with. (Especially since the spare is one of the original wheels to the car, which makes me wonder where the 2 black steel wheels on the one side came from)

Red, hell no. I've got the block sitting in my garage, waiting to be turned into the worst coffee table ever. Eventually.

Offline weitrhino

• '85 Notch just cracked 40k miles! RIP '86 Notch
    • Blue Mouth Promotions LLC
« Reply #38 on: 09:19:08 PM / 27-Jul-15 »
I've got a line on some SE wheels and may swap them in place of my steelies but it may be September before it happens. I'll have moved to TX by then.
« Last Edit: 09:19:48 PM / 27-Jul-15 by weitrhino »

Offline SchizophrenicMC

• Resident Resident
  • Moderators
  • I Like Gay Girls
« Reply #39 on: 10:42:44 PM / 27-Jul-15 »
We've got time on the wheel front. Gotta get the exhaust and starter sorted before that becomes a problem.

We eagerly await your arrival in the Lone Star state, even if it is just in Wichita Falls.